JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I the only one that finds it irksome when people set up shop on the forum and contribute nothing?.
Just looking in the ammo classifieds, and one person who signed on about eight weeks ago has ten separate ads flipping ammo.
Nothing contributed, neither financially , or intellectually.
Only uses the forum to flip and gouge.
Rant off.
Best,
Gary

I've been getting unsolicited PMs from folks wanting to sell stuff too. Even if I wanted it I'm no longer buying from them!

If I want it I'll go find it, don't need to be knocking on my door to try to buy something.

Sigh,yup. sign of the times..I think most of them are from Armslist...now that you have to pay to list, i noticed that WA state had over 60 pages of ads now after the change they only have 30...

It really messes up the "new posts" too, so I have just started ignoring them as they pop up. They pop up faster than I can click though.

I get what you're all saying. We're probably seeing more flipping here because of Armslist going to a paid subscription service. Up in the Seattle area, there are literally empty shelves the past year so any ammo for sale is probably a good thing. To the newbie pistol owner, he/she probably doesn't know what pre-CV19 prices were nor cares just so they have something available to them. Better to have some ammo than little to none.

Best we can hope for is that new members regardless of intent, stick around in the future and become more contributing members of the forum.

I know it's been suggested before and I think some restrictions would be reasonable. On another bulletin board that I joined, new members cannot place any ads for 30 days. Non-supporting members can only place 3 ads per year. They seem to be doing well with that.

Gents,

I am new here and will pay my way as I buy and trade for what I want. I just hate typing and really don't have much to say on the social side. I feel being honest in my deals is whats important and I will hold that standard always.

I just don't like talking very much.

Jim

Am I the only one that finds it irksome when people set up shop on the forum and contribute nothing?.
Just looking in the ammo classifieds, and one person who signed on about eight weeks ago has ten separate ads flipping ammo.
Nothing contributed, neither financially , or intellectually.
Only uses the forum to flip and gouge.
Rant off.
Best,
Gary

No, you're not the only one.

Makes me curious should we charge to post? Or maybe just charge the people that joined after a certain date!!!

NO! Just quietly watch and deal with it....By ignoring their ads and feeling that you might just be the better person!

Gents,

I am new here and will pay my way as I buy and trade for what I want. I just hate typing and really don't have much to say on the social side. I feel being honest in my deals is whats important and I will hold that standard always.

I just don't like talking very much.

Jim

And, in my opinion that's just fine. Not that that should mean a whole lot though. :rolleyes:

I've sold and bought here for 10 years, but I'll tell you what, I'll guarantee I've neve made a penny. I'm most certainly behind.

Last Edited:
We should be allowed to berate them..

Lulz

Yes, it was a sad day when I found out that the "Like" button only did "Thumbs Up" in the classifieds. :(

Ooo, I always giggle out loud when someone breaks the rules, on something like $350.00 for primers. :s0140:

Yes, it was a sad day when I found out that the "Like" button only did "Thumbs Up" in the classifieds. :(

Why a sad day? Because people can't leave laughing face emojis in the classifieds? I'm personally glad that Joe removed that, keeps the drama to a minimum.

Been said a MILLION times, don't like the asking price just move along.............

This has been brought up a few times lately. I would personally rather have way too many people selling for outrageous prices than nobody selling at all. We need all the folks we can to keep this site running and if only 10% donate to NWFA then that's better than none.

That being said, I get a kick out of seeing what some of these folks are asking for. .50 a round for .22LR LMAO! But then I am astounded when I see they sold it. I think maybe throttling some folks back a little and limiting the amount of posts is certainly a consideration, but like others have said, the "ignore" button is a beautiful thing so we can just move along.

Lastly, I agree with @Certaindeaf and we should at least be able to give them a little chit here and again....

I have been getting ticked about all the "out of area" people (Texas, Indiana, etc) wanting to buy firearms, ammo, components. Especially the ones that are DEALERS! I know, free market and all, but maybe join your OWN regional forum. We can't be the only one. :mad:

Lastly, I agree with @Certaindeaf and we should at least be able to give them a little chit here and again....

It just makes more work for us mods. EVERY negative comment that is caught will be deleted and the member that posted it will get a reminder. That's the way it goes here. Period.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews