JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
beanycecil2.jpg

Being of Eastern European descent I go for a babushka type scarf. Added benefit, you neck is also warm and you can wear it as a shawl in colder buildings. You guys aught to try it sometime. :p

View attachment 417276 View attachment 417277

Uh, no. :p

A friend of mine has a scarf as part of his winter attire, which is something my dad used to do, also. I'm more likely to have a jacket or coat with a hood that I will pull over my hat when it's cold out. Talk about putting a cap on the heat chimney.

Being of Eastern European descent I go for a babushka type scarf. Added benefit, you neck is also warm and you can wear it as a shawl in colder buildings. You guys aught to try it sometime. :p

View attachment 417276 View attachment 417277
No. There's moving parts out there, or so I've heard.

Dancer Isadora Duncan is killed in car accident - Sep 14, 1927 - HISTORY.com

"On the day she died, Duncan was a passenger in a brand-new convertible sportscar that she was learning to drive. As she leaned back in her seat to enjoy the sea breeze, her enormous red scarf ("which she had worn since she took up communism," one newspaper reported) somehow blew into the well of the rear wheel on the passenger side. It wound around the axle, tightening around Duncan's neck and dragging her from the car and onto the cobblestone street. She died instantly."

According to this thread anything without a brim is a Beanie??
In another era they looked like this jhh0003.jpg
Made from your dads old felt fedora with the brim cut off and the sides rolled up. Some kids liked to use a pinking shear to cut them off giving the edge points like a crown. Or make other shapes to the edge. Others like to pin buttons or other things on them.
Otherwise, they were just wool knitted stocking hats.
As an adult, especially in Oregon, one found the value in Fedoras reliably keeping the rain out of the back of your neck.

Fedoras...I wish they'd come back in vogue. They made a lot of sense. Then they became the accepted attire for gang bangers and pimps.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top