JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ever notice how much warmer just wearing a beanie makes you? I've walked to work with thick jackets and no beanie and still been cold. I've also walked to work with my North Face shell and a beanie and I was toasty warm with much less bulk.

I know they claim that the old Army study about most of your body heat being lost through your head was "proven wrong", but I find it hard to believe that it is wrong based on my personal experience. Just merely wearing a beanie keeps me MUCH warmer. What about you?

Ever notice how much warmer just wearing a beanie makes you? I've walked to work with thick jackets and no beanie and still been cold. I've also walked to work with my North Face shell and a beanie and I was toasty warm with much less bulk.

I know they claim that the old Army study about most of your body heat being lost through your head was "proven wrong", but I find it hard to believe that it is wrong based on my personal experience. Just merely wearing a beanie keeps me MUCH warmer. What about you?

Been wearing them for 25 years, probably why my hair doesn't grow very fast anymore:D.

When my wife is freezing, I hand her one of my hats and she is back to normal in 20 min or less.

I want to say the study was more about you loosing the most body heat from the least protected parts of your skin (which for most people is their hands, face and head).

And of course, technology marches on...

Bought a few of these for family this year. hat.JPG

Since I am mostly bald, I very much notice the cold on my head.

I almost always wear a ball cap.

I don't care for beanies - I prefer hats with bills of some sort to keep the rain/snow out of my eyes and from running down my neck. If it gets really cold, I prefer caps with ear flaps too. I also prefer hooded coats/etc., to keep the wind and rain off my head.

A balaclava is good too, under a hood or a hat.

Carhart makes some really nice skull caps, as does the Columbia and Mt Hardwear with the reflective fabric on the inside.

Yep. Add a scarf or bandanna "buff" is whats up.
Being a thin bloooded desert rat originally from AZ, I've had to learn a few tricks to keep warm during the winters in the great northwest.
+1 ON the hooded coat/sweater.

Concur, and for me it's much more noticeable these days as the hair washes away down the drain. I will no longer buy a coat that doesn't have a hood. To many times the hat/beanie isn't handy when needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top