JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously a lot of the ammo prices your seeing on the web in stores and gun shops are more than reasonable due to manufacture-wholesale to dealer costs.

Current dealer costs listed below are for per box pricing not including shipping or hazmat fees, case pricing is a little better but not much, maybe .50 -.75 cents per box.

If you’re a smaller dealer you would have to sell a full case of ammo to make 10.00 - 25.00 bucks on the case pricing, But still have the freight and hazmat fees. 35.00-75.00$

How much profit would you want for what you make or sell ??

Winchester USA Q3131A 223 55gr FMJ Cost 8.60 box 20
Winchester USA Q3174 7.62x39 123gr FMJ Cost 12.81 box 20
Winchester USA 3081 308 147gr FMJ Cost 14.78 box 20
Winchester USA 9MM 9mm 12gr FMJ Cost 12.52 box 50
Winchester USA Q4170 45 230 FMJ Cost 17.99 box 50
Winchester Supreme ST223B 55gr Cost 20.58 box 20
Winchester Supreme ST308A 168gr Cost 30.54 box 20
Winchester Silvertip 40SW 155gr Cost 38.63 box 50
Winchester Silvertip 45ACP 185gr Cost 15.50 box 20

Federal AE 76239A 124gr FMJ Cost 12.25 box 20
Federal AE 308D 150gr FMJ Cost 14.23 box 20
Federal PPD 9MM 135gr Hydra-Shock Cost 17.91 box 20
Federal PPD 40SW 135gr Hydra-Shock Cost 19.88 box 20
Federal PPD 45A 230gr Hydra-Shock Cost 19.88 box 20

These are current FFL Dealer wholesale prices , if you can get any is another question.

I doubt prices will go anywhere but up , even if the manufactures catch up on production, Winchester publishes the factory MSRP on their web sight, current 223 ball is 14.00 for 20 rounds.

Having fun at the range is going to be expensive, but do not take it out on your local retailer/dealer,he needs to make a living too.

Speedsteel

I walked into the bimart in Salem last week for the first time in months and scored 2 UMC 9mm mega packs for $57.99.

I would go back but I am not lucky enough to score any more.

Besides I dont really need more so I will leave it for the next guy.

I left 3 boxes of 9mm at Walmart for the next guy about an hour ago. I hope they appreciated it. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time... hanging off the back of the loading dock :s0112:

Over here on the 'East Side' a local ad paper has multiple listings with people trying to sell ammo at ridicules prices - one had 9mm for $45.00 per box (yes $45.00) and some trying to sell on a per round basis. Doesn't really make sense when Ken's Sporting Goods in Crescent had a fair supply of ammo at prices similar to what many are posting here. Could this be a last ditch effort by some trying to make money or recoup what they spent prior to ammo possibly returning to reasonable prices and supply?

I have 600 Rounds of .40 and Im not really sweating it anymore.... But I do kno wat days Bi mart and walmart get their ammo in... Soo I just call on those days and they tell me if they got it or not... those are the only two places i will purchase ammo... Case they dont seem to Rape you...

newbie here, i just saw on one of our other forums that someones bud, had 9mm on sale for $80.00 bucks 250 rnd mega pack UMC , i or you can go buy this at bi mart , for$65.00,not even on sale, this is really starting to irritate the he!! out of me, the ones who wrote all the blogs in the forums about running out of ammo 8 months ago , are now the ones reaping the harvest,KINDA LIKE THE COFFEE THING IN THE 80s, i have been buying at www.jgsales.com for a couple of years now ,and your going to find awesome people to deal with at very good ,to better prices,just a thought!! rusobr2

Hey swoop that does make me cry, I went into a shop here in salem off 13th street the other day and got some .45 230gr fmj American Eagle, the price tag had been taken off, 30 bucks a box of 50.

KINDA LIKE THE COFFEE THING IN THE 80s
You are probably right. It seems every generation has it's "shortage" or one thing or another - Kinda like the toilet paper thing in the 70's!! There are always a greater percentage of buyers of a certain product that believe they will reap huge profits by buying and reselling to those who are the concerned users of the product - for whatever reason. The problem is those profiteers always fail to understand WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR - in other words if they buy up a greater percentage of that product expecting to resell to a consumer market that does not increase proportionally in size to purchase the excess amount of what they are buying up then the wave they believe they are riding will eventually crest and break - IE. putting it into manageable numbers the 'consumer' market of ammo is probably roughly 2 out of ten people nationwide. Coffee is probably 7 - 8 out of ten and toilet paper probably 9 + out of ten. It is simple economics - the demand for ammo (based on the low percentage of buyers out of total population) will never support any major price gouging for long.

Fisherman's on N. Hayden Meadows had about a case and a half of Fed. American Eagle 124gr 9mm this morning.

I bought the last box of F.A.E. 115gr at $15.99.

You are probably right. It seems every generation has it's "shortage" or one thing or another - Kinda like the toilet paper thing in the 70's!! There are always a greater percentage of buyers of a certain product that believe they will reap huge profits by buying and reselling to those who are the concerned users of the product - for whatever reason. The problem is those profiteers always fail to understand WHAT THE MARKET WILL BEAR - in other words if they buy up a greater percentage of that product expecting to resell to a consumer market that does not increase proportionally in size to purchase the excess amount of what they are buying up then the wave they believe they are riding will eventually crest and break - IE. putting it into manageable numbers the 'consumer' market of ammo is probably roughly 2 out of ten people nationwide. Coffee is probably 7 - 8 out of ten and toilet paper probably 9 + out of ten. It is simple economics - the demand for ammo (based on the low percentage of buyers out of total population) will never support any major price gouging for long.

Good point.

It just happened right before our eyes last spring/summer with gasoline and oil prices. Speculators drove the price through the roof and then it crashed lower than where it started. Not only was there no true shortage, but when prices got too high demand actually decreased - people cut back on driving.

Wow...

Shouda-coulda-wouda...

I should've :( bought all the cases of 100rd WWB 9mm at Walmart I saw back in March for $19.99. I could've sold it here for arms & legs :D and would've been laughing to the :s0114: bank :s0112:

If I see any more, I'll buy it all and sell it to you guys for $25/box to pay for my time and gas.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews