JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a heads up, there is a recall for certain lots of GECO and Norma ammunition.

I normally use GECO and never had any issue, so when I saw there was a deal on the gundeals Reddit page, I jumped on it.

I got an email this week about a recall and my lot was included. I wanted to see how bad it was and assumed it was just really small percentage... and maybe they were just being super cautious to be extra safe.

But after going through about 200 rounds, about 50 were iffy with some very obvious defects. Most of them measured about 1.1230-1.1260, some were 1.1150-ish, and the really bad ones were pushed down so far the tip flattened like a .40! But I am not that knowledgable on what the correct specs are or the tolerances.

Heads up if anyone recently bought ammo from them! I am going to have to return my precious 9mm, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

20220528_130006.jpg 20220528_130020.jpg

Here's the notice...

WARNING: IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE REGARDING CERTAIN 9MM AMMUNITION

RUAG Ammotec USA, Inc. is issuing a voluntary recall of specific SKUs/articles and corresponding Lot numbers of 9mm ammunition identified below, due to possible performance inconsistencies in a small percentage of the ammunition.

DANGER: STOP USING YOUR 9MM AMMUNITION IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN DETERMINED WHETHER YOUR AMMUNITION FALLS WITHIN THE BELOW SKU/ARTICLE/LOT NUMBER LIST. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION COULD RESULT IN DAMAGE TO YOUR FIREARM AND/OR INJURY

POTENTIALLY AFFECTED SKU/LOT NUMBERS

• GECO 202200025 - Lot No: SAV22D0052, SAV22D0053, SAV22D0054, SAV22D0055, SAVD0056, SAVD0057, SAVD0058, SAVD0059, SAVD0060
  • GECO 202200020 - Lot No: SAV22D0085, SAV22D0086
  • Norma 911550050 - Lot No: SAV22C0024, SAV22C0025
  • Norma 912450050 - Lot No: SAV22C0037, SAV22C0038, SAV22C0039, SAV22C0040, SAV22C0041
  • GECO 270840050 - Lot No: SAV22C0030, SAV22C0033

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE
Through its quality control efforts, RUAG has identified possible crimping irregularities in a small number of rounds within the ammunition SKUs/Lots identified above that could allow the projectile to be seated further into the casing than intended. Continued use of the potentially affected ammunition could impact safe firearm performance leading to property damage and/or injury.

This issue could affect a small percentage of ammunition within the SKUs/Lots identified in the chart above.

If you are uncertain as to whether your ammunition falls with the potentially impacted SKU/Lot numbers, or if you have any additional questions concerning this notification or need assistance with these instructions, please contact a RUAG Customer Service Representative by email: [email protected] or phone: (912) 342-2272. For more information about this notice, you call also visit Ammoshoponline.com

HOW TO DETERMINE THE SKU/LOT NUMBER FOR YOUR AMMUNITION
The SKU and/or Lot number for your ammunition is located on the packaging as follows:

(SEE ATTACHED PHOTO)

WHAT TO DO IF YOUR AMMUNITION IS AFFECTED
Once you have determined, based on its SKU/Article/Lot number, that your ammunition is one of the affected products, please sumit a return request by email:Sales@ammotshoponline or by phone: (912)342-2272 to receive pre-paid shipping label.Once your ammunition is returned, we will refund your full purchase price for the subject ammunition through your original payment method and provide a discount code for 20% off your next purchase at Ammoshoponline.com ("Discount Code"). The Discount Code is valid until July 31, 2022.

Yeah, the 600 rounds I bought are all matching the recall lot. I sent the email to get shipping label the same day I got the email and still no response yet..... 🤷‍♂️

Call the number posted above: (912) 342-2272. They sent me a return label via email while I was on the phone with them.

I sent a complaint from when I first received my order because I found two bullets sunk deep into the casing. Never heard back on the email and they claimed it was never received. Bummer part is I have to send back the free Norma .22LR that was part of the promotion/order. Looking forward to getting the 20% off coupon and my money back.

If you have recalled ammo and you don't want to deal with getting your money back plus 20% coupon, I will buy up to 1000 rnds from you locally at 20 cents per round.

I can't guarantee this to be safe but I would measure each round for bullet setback and then recrimp them with Lee FCD before using them.

The alert said they would refund the purchase price using original payment method. What about those who bought the ammo through a private party or third party retailer?

That thread should be stickied for a while.

I requested they merge my thread into that one and sticky it. I have posted norma deals in the great deals section a few times and it's disappointing to see this happen.

I requested they merge my thread into that one and sticky it. I have posted norma deals in the great deals section a few times and it's disappointing to see this happen.
100% agree. I've generally considered Norma a high tier ammo. I pay more for it because of that. I just had 1300 rounds delivered 2 days ago. I can only hope that since it shipped a few days after the recall was released, that I didn't get the bad stuff. I'm out of town and can't check right now. Any idea on the specifics or is it ammo across the board?

Too many customer complaints of lungs not blowing out as advertised?

Quick fix. Keep your ammo and recall Brandon.

(The temptation was too great...);)

100% agree. I've generally considered Norma a high tier ammo. I pay more for it because of that. I just had 1300 rounds delivered 2 days ago. I can only hope that since it shipped a few days after the recall was released, that I didn't get the bad stuff. I'm out of town and can't check right now. Any idea on the specifics or is it ammo across the board?
9mm only as far as I know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top