JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just do not like BS reasoning for having to give them a copy of my ID. What does the mag ban have to do with buying ammo?
It's not because of the mag ban. It's because of SB 5078, the horrible bill that passed the WA legislature back in April. It would supposedly hold firearm manufacturers and dealers responsible for irresponsible practices and uses. The law is rather vague, as are all the anti-2A laws passed recently, so even some online ammo dealers are requiring ID to ensure nothing is sold to anyone under 21, since they don't want to risk getting sued by the Turd in the AG's office. I think it's overkill, but a lot of web-based vendors are in CYA mode thanks to the anti-gun politicians and their stupid laws.

Do they charge taxes? Meaning that; are there particular states that the purchaser does not get charged taxes.
No tax for Oregon.

No idea on an ID copy required, I've never had to do one. Haven't ordered much from anyone since this ammo blight. Stocked up before, plus stocked up on components before.

Looking at my order history at SGammo, looks like February of this year 4 cases. Wanted some manufactured 10mm, a new caliber for our stable.

Have bought "a bunch" from them over time. Wouldn't have an issue if an ID was required to continue shopping with them. That's how much I trust that business, however I get it if folks may be leery of such.

His emails can seem a bit spammy, however do have interesting industry trend information. Worthwhile to stay on the email list to keep an eye on such & pricing of various. IMO.

Oh, & "free" shipping on orders over $200, can mix & match. So doesn't need to be case orders. About everything he sells can be bought by the box, by his repack (ex boxes in ammo cans), or by the case.

I have a Ruger American and a PSA AR10, both in 308. The Ruger had trouble with both of these. Hard to extract the bolt after each shot or in one instance it bent the case. The AR had no problems with either but I didn't finish either box of ammo.

Neither rifle has had any issue with standard ammo like Winchester or even surplus. I just got a box of each from BiMart to test because of the cheap price.

I had the same problem with a box of Ammo Inc where the bolt was hard to push back. I needed to use an armors hammer.

1000000205.jpg 1000000206.jpg

Ya this stuff is notoriously awful and built up quite the reputation online. I dont know that much about them; are they a fly by night business? Rebranded foreign stuff? Remanufactured from salvaged components? I dont care enough to look into it I just know when I read Ammo, Inc on a product page a blinking neon light in my brain says "stay away! Stay Away!"

I've had no issues with either Ammo Inc or Igman. But they have worked just fine without causing problems. Only time I've heard complaints is when there might of been some that made it past qc. If that happens, you can just call or message the manufacturer and they'll replace it normally for free.

Last Edited:
Ammo Inc. 9mm will run just find all day long in "my" hammer fired guns. My beretta M9's eat this stuff up. My Glock's and S&W Hellcat hate it. Ammo Inc. uses a harder primer! They use a lot of LC brass in 5.56 and 7.62x51 so they might also just be using pulled brass!

It seems especially in the past three years since wild production began due to covid and riots, crappy ammo has been cyclic with different companies having their QC issues. From attending and teaching classes during this time I've seen a few brands have issues. With some, it is hard to tell because you don't always know when the ammo was made. Ammo Inc. has definitely been on this list. Some folks have had no issues whereas others have some. Nothing as bad as some have posted here.

Wanted to do a quick follow up in this one. Contacted Ammo Inc and they agreed to replace all the ammo. I included several duds and split cases as requested, but I'm not expecting to hear back from them.

We haven't had the same dud issue with the replacement ammo. Unfortunately the new ammo is so under-powered that I was getting FTF failures 100% of the time in a Glock 17. The nose of the round feeding from the mag would jam into the bottom of the feed ramp. A quick smack on the bottom of the mag would be enough to get the round to feed. No problems in a G35 using the same mags, but the recoil was noticeably softer than other ammo. The only real difference is that the G17 has a red-dot sight, so the extra weight on the slide is likely the culprit. Same day and same mags I had zero FTFs using my own reloads.

I'd rather shoot my own reloads, but I can't see letting students shoot them. Just too much liability, so I was hoping that the original problem was just a bad batch. We'll burn through the remaining rounds with students. If nothing else, it'll be good practice dealing with jams. We'll just keep looking for a reasonable source for training ammo.

My BIL bought a couple boxes recently and we tried to run it through my G29 and XDM 5.25". We couldn't get through a few rounds before FTEs started to show up in both guns.

Finished it all off in the Ruger GP100 with wild inconsistency. They all fired, but were all over the place. I could put more shots in an 8" circle with 00 buck!

Not worth a damn.

That Ammo Inc. product is quite a business story. They've only been in business since 2016, but their magic was timing. Just before the great famine struck. However, there is a lot of static online about bad product. They've got a 185,000 sq. ft. new plant in Manitowoc, Wisc.

Ammo Inc. bought the Jagemann copper pressings assets. Which is now a subsidiary that makes brass for Ammo Inc. and also makes a separate line sold as Jagemann Munitions Components (JMC).

Ammo Inc. also owns Gunbroker as of a couple of years ago.

As to the worst ammo I've ever known, it was American Ammunition, headstamped A-MERC. In Miami, FL. But I'm pretty sure they are out of business now. They got overly ambitious, decided to be "vertically integrated" and make their own brass. Which turned out to be thick and soft.

Not to be confused with AAC, America's Ammunition Co., owned by Palmetto State Armory in So. Carolina. This is the company that a few years ago started out to build their own primer making facility. Last I heard, it was behind schedule. I don't know if they ever made any; I don't think they've been offered for sale as components but by now, they may be making some for their own ammo production. ??

As to the worst ammo I've ever known, it was American Ammunition, headstamped A-MERC.
That is a fact! Several years back, I tried my hand at loading some .40S&W for my Glock 22. My first loadings performed very well, but I did eventually have a few FTE's. Upon further inspection, every one of my problem rounds were made from AMERC brass. I did some sleuthing on the Internet and found a post on a forum that read something along the lines of: "On this forum, we can't all even agree whether drinking antifreeze is bad for you or not. However, we all agree that AMERC brass sucks." Another poster said: "I love AMERC brass. It works really well for filling in the potholes in my driveway." :s0108:

I no longer use it, and discard it if I come across it.

That is a fact! Several years back, I tried my hand at loading some .40S&W for my Glock 22. My first loadings performed very well, but I did eventually have a few FTE's. Upon further inspection, every one of my problem rounds were made from AMERC brass. I did some sleuthing on the Internet and found a post on a forum that read something along the lines of: "On this forum, we can't all even agree whether drinking antifreeze is bad for you or not. However, we all agree that AMERC brass sucks." Another poster said: "I love AMERC brass. It works really well for filling in the potholes in my driveway." :s0108:

I no longer use it, and discard it if I come across it.
A-merc ammo was pretty bad, but I don't have any issues with their 9mm brass. I have some floating around in my buckets that have been loaded half a dozen times or more. The only 9mm brass I weed out now is the new Norma brass; the primer flash holes are too small for the depriming pin on the Dillon dies.

I am doing to start pulling out any Ammo Inc brass I find. I picked up a dozen or more split cases after the last session where we used the original batch. I tried running some of the uncracked brass through a resizing die and about 10% ended up splitting at the case mouth.

IMG_1910.jpeg

A-merc ammo was pretty bad, but I don't have any issues with their 9mm brass. I have some floating around in my buckets that have been loaded half a dozen times or more. The only 9mm brass I weed out now is the new Norma brass; the primer flash holes are too small for the depriming pin on the Dillon dies.

I am doing to start pulling out any Ammo Inc brass I find. I picked up a dozen or more split cases after the last session where we used the original batch. I tried running some of the uncracked brass through a resizing die and about 10% ended up splitting at the case mouth.

View attachment 1773685
I de-prime on my press with the Lee Universal de-capping die with a Squirrel Daddy forged pin, prior to liquid tumbling. Undersized flash holes (Norma, IK 21) are no match for Squirrel Daddy, and run through the Dillon 9mm resizing die on my 550B without issue.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top