JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've used both as both target and practices rounds and they work just fine.
The round you want to use for defensive is a large debate but I just simply say, it's what works best for you not someone else. Personally I use hybrid hollows, xtps and the ammo inc jhp.
Best advice you can get is to try the different options available and see how they work for you and pick the ones you like best.

I would trust Blazer for target practice. For self defense, Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST with Hornady critical defense coming in third.

Speer Gold Dot is my go to for self defense ammo. Second is Hornady Critical Duty.

Norma USA is having a sale. But you must spend $150 to get free shipping. They do offer train and carry combos of ball and HP ammo. They're relatively new to US manufacture and had some startup glitches, but that seems to have been resolved.

If you mean defense? I have LONG used Speer Gold Dot for that. For practice and fun almost anything I can buy by the case cheap. Blazer, Fiocchi, Seller Bellot, normally whichever has the best price. Never been able to tell any difference in it for playing at the range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top