JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes - at least in my experience. I've tried some sketchy rounds over the years (Wolf, Gold Tiger, etc) And I've never found anything worse.

Another instructor brought a case of Ammo Inc 9mm fmj to a class recently. We ended up with 30%+ misfires with 5 or 6 different pistols. About 1 in 5 would fire with a 2nd strike. All of the primers looked like they were getting light strikes, so I'm wondering if someone swapped in some milspec small rifle primers. I tried using some milspec rifle primers to load 40sw rounds back in peak COVID and saw similar results.

Great for failure training, not so great for teaching basics. Hard pass, especially since it wasn't any cheaper than Winchester white box.

IMG_0133.jpeg

Said it before, I'll say it again: ammo Inc is not worth buying. I've had poor luck in 9mm and 45 acp through multiple guns with multiple lot numbers.

I only have limited (very limited) experience with Ammo Inc., since the vast majority of my ammo comes from my Rockchucker or Dillon. But the one box of 20 cartridges I fired of .45 ACP Ammo Inc. worked just fine in both a RIA 1911 and a CZ 97B.
Were the 9mm pistols striker fired? When I accidentally primed some 9mm cases with S&B small rifle primers, I experienced a similar failure to fire rate with an older Glock 19, but my hammer fired CZ P-09 was about 90% ad each of the misfired went off with a second pull of the DA trigger.

I only have limited (very limited) experience with Ammo Inc., since the vast majority of my ammo comes from my Rockchucker or Dillon. But the one box of 20 cartridges I fired of .45 ACP Ammo Inc. worked just fine in both a RIA 1911 and a CZ 97B.
Were the 9mm pistols striker fired? When I accidentally primed some 9mm cases with S&B small rifle primers, I experienced a similar failure to fire rate with an older Glock 19, but my hammer fired CZ P-09 was about 90% ad each of the misfired went off with a second pull of the DA trigger.
I generally stick to my own reloaded ammo as well. I think these were the 1st commercial 9mm rounds I've fires in close to a decade. Most of my guns have never seen factory ammo.

The rounds were fired through both hammer and striker fired pistols. I even tried them in my 9mm AR15 with no better luck.

Not sure why it's brought up again, if I remember right there are already 2 or 3 discussions about ammo inc ammo.
As for their quality, the simple answer is that it a very wildly depending on who you ask. Best option and answer given is to just get some and see how it works for you.

AmmoSeek is a search engine for ammo and related 2A items. It can filter by casing, condition, etc. Also, on NWFA and WaGuns is Steve Shields' own ammo company High Desert.

Sadley can't use this ammo page (SGammo), requires me to send picture of my id.... not something I am willing to do.
Because of the mag ban??? wtf?

Last Edited:
This page legit?

How are you planing to pay? The real test on whether its a scam site or not is do they take plastic? If they do you can't be burned. Again though since you want to try to have some form on anonymity your only choice will be to roll the dice paying with things like a Postal M/O. Have not looked in a good while but the auction used to have a lot of sellers there who only took that form of payment. So if they are still there you could make up some name and send them that kind of payment. If so you could mitigate the risk a little by making sure they had good feedback and history. Still a crap shoot though even if they are honest. If the shipper loses or steals the ammo you would just be SOL:s0092:

Just do not like BS reasoning for having to give them a copy of my ID. What does the mag ban have to do with buying ammo?
Not sure what a mag ban has to do with ID to buy ammo? When they started letting us common folk buy ammo by mail lot of places wanted a copy of ID to set up an account back before Al invented the net. I have to "guess" they wanted to make sure people buying handgun ammo were 21. Before the net came along the local Wally's here would ask for ID to buy ammo if you looked like you may not be old enough. Just like cigarettes or liquor they only asked if they were not sure. The law is still the same for online sales. Many did not bother but they were taking a chance. If someone who was not old enough bought some and got in some kind of trouble they could be in a bind. Since then its been hit and miss. Some placed did ask, others did not. Before I heard of SG I had used Ammoman.com for years. They did ask for a copy of ID first time. SG was not asking until recently and again "guess" our rabid DA here got them a little leery. I sent them a copy one time and now they don't ask any more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top