JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just bought this jig and I am extremely impressed of the quality of the finished product. This jig is amazing. It has a bearing guide for the bit and you never touch the jig with the bit. It takes about 50 minutes to complete a receiver including drilling the holes. Plus a brand new DeWalt router.

Thinking about giving this a shot. Curiously, if I bought this jig...what else am I going to need to be able to finish an 80% lower?

Thinking about giving this a shot. Curiously, if I bought this jig...what else am I going to need to be able to finish an 80% lower?

I bought one from 5D
If you go to their site they have video's showing how it 's done and what you need. Looks like the one you are talking about would work the same. So would need a router and bits and some drill bits.
I bought an entire kit when I bought mine to make an AR9. Tooling, a Jig, a complete upper they assembled for me, and a completer lower and stock all in parts. All still sitting on my bench in the garage waiting for me to get a round tuit :D
One thing I liked about the 5D set up is they make router bits that are threaded to different Routers. Looks like a better set up that using the collet holder on the router. They thread onto the router spindle direct. I really need to get to the damn thing and see how it works

I'm glad I found this thread. I just got 2 ar15 and one ar9 lower in the mail the other day. I want to build the ar9 asap so I've been reading as much as I can to learn what to do.

I'm glad I found this thread. I just got 2 ar15 and one ar9 lower in the mail the other day. I want to build the ar9 asap so I've been reading as much as I can to learn what to do.
There are some members here who have done it, I keep hoping they will chime in here since it's been a while. Watch the Video on the 5D site. It "looks" pretty strait forward. Looks to me like the most challenging part will be assembling the lower once it's all done. Back when I had AR's I never did take them this far. There is of course Youtube for that too :D

There are some members here who have done it, I keep hoping they will chime in here since it's been a while. Watch the Video on the 5D site. It "looks" pretty strait forward. Looks to me like the most challenging part will be assembling the lower once it's all done. Back when I had AR's I never did take them this far. There is of course Youtube for that too :D
I assembled my first AR a couple months ago using a stripped lower. Now I want to take it to the next level. I am very mechanically inclined so I have no doubt I can do it as long as there is reliable instructions online. I already own drills, router, and plenty of other tools. I just need to buy a multi jig and get started.

81E9106D-FADC-4B2F-A6AF-A861EE2F2574.jpeg 22D87FA4-BB0F-4B2D-BBD0-8AECEE14F186.jpeg BA27C96A-773D-42B6-9F65-21963DCE6A94.jpeg

Some that I did with the 5d jig. Very easy. And fun. Just take your time.

View attachment 628099View attachment 628100View attachment 628098

Some that I did with the 5d jig. Very easy. And fun. Just take your time.

Thanks, love the pistol version. Assuming my AR9 goes well that is next. I want to make a pistol version of the same with a folding brace. Be legal to carry in the vehicles and would be great for that not to mention a ton of cheap fun. Got some extra time off next week. I have to get out there and get started :)

I have done around 10 so far, there is a few things to beware of, but all in all pretty straight forward. First things first- read and understand the directions before starting. Depending on the material " 6061, 7075, etc" will determine the cut size, you can feel it vibrate excessively if the cut taken is to big. Do not get in a hurry, it is time consuming and a little boring, so don't rush it or you'll destroy an endmill. My fixture has the option for drill guides, definitely purchase them if possible, it will assure the drill is running true. Do not use just any old drill bits, often the kits come with what they call split point bits, these don't require a center punch to keep them from drifting. And don't allow the bits to dull at all, they will start to egg the hole more when dull. Other than that, you're good to go.

I wonder if it would be unlawful to get a group of people to split the cost of something like the ghost gunner. Then everyone uses it to complete their lowers.

So I'm going to pull the trigger on a jig I guess. Is 5d tactical the way to go? Easy jig? Something else? I need a jig that can do AR 9 as well as AR15.

After the fist couple on the 5D I can turn them out in about 30min. Or so. Mill is great but unless you buy used it's going to be 5-6 times more than the 5D complete set up with .308 conversation and router.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top