JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never been a rifle guy. Handguns are my jam. Always hated carrying a rifle around in the Army, but laws are a changing and I want on the "build AR15" bandwagon. I bought an 80% and a bunch of pmags while I could. I had an idea to build a really lightweight rifle that I could take backpacking without noticing the weight.

Problem. I haven't the slightest clue how to build an 80% receiver and don't have a drill press of any kind. I've seen some complete uppers for sale around but there's a lot of missing customization options if I buy pre-assembled. I know with 100% certainty this has been asked before but if anybody wants to help a dumbass captain, it'd be appreciated.

You will need a Jig for the AR. You will not need a drill press. Right now the makers of the jigs seem to be no longer willing to sell them in WA state due to sideshow bob. You could I assume still buy one from someone else. It is amazingly easy to do just watching some youtube. To stay on the safe side of the law you have to do it yourself.
Might be easier to just buy a stripped lower. Then you just buy the pieces you want. With an AR this is amazingly easy to do. The first time I built one I bought a DVD and book. Never even used either. I had a laptop on my bench and all I had to do was follow the video's. It is super easy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top