JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After the fist couple on the 5D I can turn them out in about 30min. Or so. Mill is great but unless you buy used it's going to be 5-6 times more than the 5D complete set up with .308 conversation and router.
Yeah I'm not looking to do a bunch. I have 2 ar 15 lowers and 1 ar 9 I want to do. Maybe a 308 in the future.

After the fist couple on the 5D I can turn them out in about 30min. Or so. Mill is great but unless you buy used it's going to be 5-6 times more than the 5D complete set up with .308 conversation and router.
No argument there if that's all you want to do. Just pointing out the limitations. Other things, even a simple job like pinning a gas block will require other equipment.
Cost vs versatility, all of life is a trade-off. For many that 5D will be the best side of that equation.

I've been using an easy jig gen 2 and it is pretty good I also like that I don't have to purchase expansions. however the chatter from getting a little overzealous with the depth took about half a thou out of one side durring a pass

You will definitely know quickly if you are too deep or moving too fast, it will make a very ugly noise

I've been using an easy jig gen 2 and it is pretty good I also like that I don't have to purchase expansions. however the chatter from getting a little overzealous with the depth took about half a thou out of one side durring a pass

You will definitely know quickly if you are too deep or moving too fast, it will make a very ugly noise
This kit comes with the easy jig, but a polymer80 lower.

Nice! Let us know how you like it. I have been trying to decide between EJ Gen 2 and 5D. Which router are you going to use?
I have a Ridgid compact. It's in the shop so I can't say the exact model right now I just know it's not a full size.
And I know you didn't ask but I got the ar9 lower from AAO Mfg. It's a Glock mag with LRBHO and finger grooved magwell. I ordered 3 lowers from AAO Mfg website on a Monday and they were at my door by wednesday.

I also have the Ridgid mini router and it has been fantastic for me, don't remember the exact model either. But brand new ran me about $100 at the Home Depot

Well you guys all going on about this made me finally get off my duff and at least start.:D Had all the parts sitting out in the shop for weeks now. Spent probably and hour and half so far but that included unpacking everything, then watching the video again and setting up. Got the first part done and now got called into work early but at least it's started now :D
So far the jig and tool they sent seem to be working super well and easy to use. Here is the lower after the first part of the milling is done. Now that I got started will have get at it more.

5DJpg.htm.png

Well you guys all going on about this made me finally get off my duff and at least start.:D Had all the parts sitting out in the shop for weeks now. Spent probably and hour and half so far but that included unpacking everything, then watching the video again and setting up. Got the first part done and now got called into work early but at least it's started now :D
So far the jig and tool they sent seem to be working super well and easy to use. Here is the lower after the first part of the milling is done. Now that I got started will have get at it more.

View attachment 629875
I am peanut butter and jealous. Hopefully my jig comes this week. I haven't got an ETA on delivery yet.

I am peanut butter and jealous. Hopefully my jig comes this week. I haven't got an ETA on delivery yet.

Hopefully they will be a little faster. My order from 5D took almost a month. I ordered the Jig, lower, upper that was complete, and all parts to make an AR9 so don't know if that was part of the hold up. Of course after chomping at the bit for it to get here then it sat on my bench for weeks :s0140:
Just as I was getting dressed for work a partner who I had tried to get to come in instead of me woke up and took the OT so I went back out and finished the one I had started. All milling and drilling is now done. Came out quite well. Some tool marks on one side that will be easy to smooth if they make problem but doubt they will. Now that I have done it once it will be far easier to do it again. After you start using it you can get the feel for it. Now just got to try to put it all together :eek:

5D2.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads