Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

80% build tips

rdb241

Reactions
Its amazingly simple to use.

I just bought this jig and I am extremely impressed of the quality of the finished product. This jig is amazing. It has a bearing guide for the bit and you never touch the jig with the bit. It takes about 50 minutes to complete a receiver including drilling the holes. Plus a brand new DeWalt router.

Reactions
We are not high tech. A Sears drill press, harbor freight 6 was chuck. Heck we even made our own jigs, because cheap is cheap. Still building them for under $400.

Reactions
5D makes a good jig.
dewalt makes a good router.
And I apparently can make a functional table to work off of for cheap LOL.

xA6EoYA.jpg

LOWbbMH.jpg

RMroc5a.jpg

vnwSXJb.jpg

Built that bench for under $75 IIRC. Took several days due to it being very cold outside and the coats of polyurethane taking forever to dry. but I built it while I was waiting for my jig to come in the mail so I wasn't in a hurry to do it. took a few hrs to measure cut and assemble (no help and woodworking is not my trade) and then the several days was just letting the coats dry and sanding and applying more coats.

Red98422

Reactions
So as a heads up to folks using an “Easy jig gen 2” before you start milling the lower remove the rear takedown alignment pin...if you hit that with a router good chances that pin comes out of there like a rocket ricocheting off the wall and hitting you in the face.

Last edited:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online