JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which suppressor manufacturer do you prefer?

• Quicksilver Manufacturing LLC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SAS LLC

• SRT Arms

• Tactical Suppressed Weapons

• Gunworks Canterbury

• Total voters
Reactions
I'm having a real hard time deciding on a brand of suppressor for my bolt action .308. I've read articles all over the web and gone through at least 8 company websites and I keep going in circles.

I like the idea of Titanium for the low weight, but not everyone offers it. I've toggled between quick detach and standard thread mounting. Some say put it on and leave it on, and other show proof of corroded barrels as a result.

In a perfect world, the suppressor would be light weight, ultra-quiet, quick-detach with no misalignment, and cheap. In our world, I know that I'm going to have to budge on some of that.

So, if anyone has opinions or suggestions, I'm ready to hear them.

Thanks!

Andy

P.S. I will need to thread my barrel and many of the companies that build suppressors recommend that they do it for warranty reasons. If they don't offer this service, I'll need to find someone local to do the threading.

How many guns are you going to use it on? If the answer is one there is nothing wrong with a thread mount. I have several guns that I use my suppressors on and for the most part other then cleaning they are on the gun I use them on the most. If you do a lot of swapping or like taking them on and off a lot for some reason I could see the need/want for a QD system. If you are looking for a QD set up I say the AAC 7.62 SD is the way to go. I have a .30 cal can that I like, but bought before I did the research. I keep thinking of picking up a 7.62 SD but have not done it yet.

I am not sure were Aurora is compared to Portland but <broken link removed> in Hillsbro is the place to get your work done. Mike is amazing at what he does.

That poll is kinda slanted. ALL of the makers above listed are quality companies. With that said Each has their own niche where one can stands about above the rest of the market.

Example. I like SRT for integral builds, I have an integral 9mm AR. I like my 2 Gemtech Outback 2 cans for the small size and very light weight. SWR makes the best FA rated interchangeable mount can in the Trident. That is just hitting the ones I own that you have on your list.......

That poll is kinda slanted. ALL of the makers above listed are quality companies. With that said Each has their own niche where one can stands about above the rest of the market.

Example. I like SRT for integral builds, I have an integral 9mm AR. I like my 2 Gemtech Outback 2 cans for the small size and very light weight. SWR makes the best FA rated interchangeable mount can in the Trident. That is just hitting the ones I own that you have on your list.......

Let me be clear, the poll is in regards to .308win, either screwed on normally or with a QD. I'll see if I can change the title to reflect that.
Andy

I have an SAS can- after issues were fixed I'm happy with it's performance and the price I paid. From browsing snipershide it appears SAS still has a grand following there, but there are a fair number of us OR folks who probably wouldn't go that route again due to the issues involved. If I could see/test the can first though I'd have no hold up there. I also have been very happy with SWR products.

The guys at Wild Bills were selling a 308 can built by a guy in Colton. If I remember correctly it was under 300 bucks. My buddy got one and loves it. Just a thought

Under $300?! It must be made of Aluminum. Gunworks Canterbury (listed in the poll) also sells aluminum suppressors - they seem to get good reviews.

I love the idea of supporting a local business, but I'm still unsure of aluminum for a 308 suppressor. I guess it might only matter with semi- or full auto?

Andy

Under $300?! It must be made of Aluminum. Gunworks Canterbury (listed in the poll) also sells aluminum suppressors - they seem to get good reviews.

I love the idea of supporting a local business, but I'm still unsure of aluminum for a 308 suppressor. I guess it might only matter with semi- or full auto?

Andy

Why would you say aluminum? Steel is cheeper and easier to work with then aluminum.........

Also baffle design will add or subtract from cost. For under $50 you can build your own .30 cal can using a basic washer style baffle stack and steel threaded pipe. Look at all the stuff Ranb does.

The more complex the baffles, the more the material costs, the more machining required (man hours) the more the can costs.........

Why would you say aluminum? Steel is cheeper and easier to work with then aluminum.........

Also baffle design will add or subtract from cost. For under $50 you can build your own .30 cal can using a basic washer style baffle stack and steel threaded pipe. Look at all the stuff Ranb does.

The more complex the baffles, the more the material costs, the more machining required (man hours) the more the can costs.........

I guess it was an assumption based on price. All of the Companies listed in the Poll other than Gunworks use Steel, SS or Titanium. Now I know Titanium and SS are more expensive and harder to machine, so let's set them aside. If Steel is cheaper and easier to work with, why are all of the steel suppressors more expensive than the aluminum suppressors that Gunworks offers? Is it the 'name brand' markup?

Just trying to learn.

Go see Bill Jr. at Wild bills Gunshop Molalla ore
He sells HAirtrigger Falcon 762 supp. I got one last summer and use it on .300whisper, 300 winmag, .308 win. as well as .223 I love it! and It cost $300.00 . . .:s0155:

Go see Bill Jr. at Wild bills Gunshop Molalla ore
He sells HAirtrigger Falcon 762 supp. I got one last summer and use it on .300whisper, 300 winmag, .308 win. as well as .223 I love it! and It cost $300.00 . . .:s0155:

Thanks, I'll check into it! $300 is a fantastic price!

I finally made it out to Wild Bill's. I'm definitely going to do business with them. Really friendly people!

I took a look at the Hairtrigger 762 Suppressor and it's pretty nice. It's made of Stainless Steel and a bit heavy. I'm still doing research and trying to make up my mind which way to go. Can't beat $300 though!!

these are the stubby cans Tornado tech used to make. They were very impressive given their size. Tornado take no longer makes them, but they are still good cans. But the Hairtrigger cans are good too. They are heavy, but they are also cheap and effective. Both cans are also made in OR so thats a big + if you ask me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top