JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yes, it is tough to make as protectors of the 2A ( which is there in case the 1A fails ), are working people with families and other such non-popular commitments. I will be going, taking off work to do so, and glad to do it.

It would be nice if they could keep the crazies from open carrying 3 pistols with at least
two AR's slung over their shoulder and wearing full camo.
They are the epitome of how the public perceives us.
I even saw bandoleers last time.
O I brought that up on the Facebook group the 2020 legislative group the post was blocked due to some not understanding that wear full kit with a AR might not be the best image

Excellent points. When I'm at the range, more than half the folks are non-white ethnic groups, and lots of women. Wish we could get them on board to attend. The left reacts to counting and tallying based on the very things they say shouldn't exist; skin color, gender.

So that members know, there is also a public hearing scheduled for 10am Same day as the rally tomorrow January 17th, 2020 for anyone wanting to sign in to give public testimony in person against more background checks and more cost for them.

HB 2467
New background checks by state patrol and more costs to have them done.

"Jan 17 Scheduled for public hearing in the House Committee on Civil Rights & Judiciary at 10:00 AM (Subject to change). (Committee Materials "

So what's the law for open carrying a rifle. Magazine in with no round chambered, or...?

Please.... don't. Show up, look normal, be respectful of law enforcement, and try not to give the other side more ammo. Showing them your rifle isn't going to change their mind one bit. In fact, it's more likely to drive them farther to the other side.

Please.... don't. Show up, look normal, be respectful of law enforcement, and try not to give the other side more ammo. Showing them your rifle isn't going to change their mind one bit. In fact, it's more likely to drive them farther to the other side.

Good point but they have been to the end of the other side and WILL NOT LISTEN to anything WE say. They are going full retard this session, like Virginia.:mad:

The point about leaving the long gun at home and dressing "normal" as well as being respectful of law enforcement is not for those who have their minds made up and won't listen...
There is no use in engaging with those Hardcore Antis .

The point here is not to look or sound like the stereotype freak show that the Hardcore Antis make gun owners out to be...
To look and sound reasonable to the run of the mill , middle of the road folks out there is the point...
We as gun owners need a "larger fan base"...

Like it or not to many folks , guns and gun owners seem scary...
We as gun owners need to be our best ambassadors ...after all , We know we are better than the popular media stereotype...we need to show others the fallacy of such stereotypes.
Andy

I agree Andy 100%

As Andy said like it or not many public people who do not relate to our passion of shooting and guns, see gun owners as scarey people, because many of them did not grown up with it as we did in our families.

Our best weapon against the gun anti's is to engage with people to educate them , and show them that shooting is not scarey and instead, is a fun past time, and that people who might not want to hunt can still be target shooters for fun which adds to keeping our American Heritage of shooting and hunting alive. We can't go at it like a bunch of Jethro Bodine hillbillies that the anti's are already trying to make us out to be.

When I talk to and engage in conversation about guns, shooting, and hunting with anyone who has not really shot a gun much, if at all. I nicely invite them free of cost to take them shooting at our local range. You'd be surprised at how many get hooked on it instantly once they get over the "scarey bang". Next thing you know they start asking how to go about buying a gun to to target practice with. Usually a 22 lr to start out, then they ask about a handgun and or shotgun for self defense.

Then they want to join the gun club to gave a place to shoot. Next thing you know we have more brothers and sisters as a gun family out there to stand with us.

I try to neverrrr lose the opportunity to take a new person shooting and make friends with them. Do that and you'll find we will have a whole lottttt of people on our side who all the sudden do NOT like the idea of our government taking our freedoms away.

Remember one thing. If we lose the next up and coming younger generation, we may lose the fight. They will be the next who will be passing pro or anti gun laws in our future when the fight must be carried on to preserve our 2nd ammendment God Given rights.
We still live in the BEST COUNTRY in the world. Like Trump says Let's make America GREAT AGAIN! !

Last Edited:
Sure, all the democraps and Antifa gets to go, but us working stiffs....

Hey Andy. I go dress in colonial garb, may even carry my flintlock.
I know a few of the Staters and they just laugh.
Too bad I am engaged already that day ;-(

Hey Andy. I go dress in colonial garb, may even carry my flintlock.

There is a time and place for that...
I too when giving a display / talk / demonstration of my antique muzzleloaders will dress in period attire...
But....
Speaking only for myself , I wouldn't go to a rally dressed in my 19th century attire and carrying a original , or otherwise flintlock....
I would want folks to take what I had to say seriously...

But do as you want...and good luck to you if you go to a rally dressed that way and carrying your flintlock
Andy

Is there an actual itinerary, or is it get there and mill about until you're too cold or hungry to go on? I could make an appearance for a short while that day, since I work about a 20 minute walk away, but I got some meetings and other work obligations.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR