JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Rally 4 UR Rights, GRC Lobby Day

Some details:

Capitol steps. Friday 17 January 2020, 9AM. This is the end of the first week of the 2020 legislative session.

Several pro-gun legislators will be reportedly be speaking.

Word is Sporting Systems in Vancouver WA will be getting busses from the Clark County area.

Let's see if there can be a much stronger showing this year.

One Month. Spread.The.Word!

Boss

I've been to the last 3 and I'll be at this one. I hope we can get a better turnout this year, than we have the last 3, as attendance has been pretty underwhelming for the most part.

20190118_093304.jpg 20190118_093313.jpg 20190118_093317.jpg
Look closely and you will see Dan of @Sporting Systems

20180112_084845.jpg

20170113_093729.jpg 20170113_093735.jpg 20170113_093738.jpg
In a couple of these, you might be able to catch a glimpse of a certain @Caveman Jim that has left his cave to be in attendance.

Ray

For the amount of gun owners biotching about their "rights", the turn-outs are beyond pathetic

To be fair, a lot of people showed up to the tacoma one, and it didn't do jack.

We might be past the soap box but I think it is still worth it to go.

To be fair, a lot of people showed up to the tacoma one, and it didn't do jack.

We might be past the soap box but I think it is still worth it to go.

And if you recall all the numbers that showed up for our side were called racist by a white council member!!!
A lot of people showed up because it was close to home for many and after work hours plus because of another Washington gun forum promoted it vigorously. Thanks brothers!!!;)

Last Edited:
^^That's the spirit. Teamwork. Keep it positive folks.

If you just can't make it, at least tell five buddies and ask them to tell five buddies, and so on. Also, put a link to this thread at the bottom of other posts you do in other areas so those who don't visit the Political areas at least get some information of what's going on. Likes are great, but spreading the word is better.

With what's being proposed here along with the new Speaker, combined with what's going on in VA, sitting on the sidelines and doing nothing is not the pathway to victory. Apathy = forfeit = failure.

And FYI - this cross posted is on at least four other forums.

Boss

I was at the one in 2019.
I was a very new WA resident at the time.
I'll be at this one as well.

I think we need to take a cue from the good citizens in Virginia who are showing up by the THOUSANDS at their local government meetings to DEMAND they declare their municipalities to be "sanctuaries"

We have a LOT of great Sheriffs in WA who have already done so

I was at the one in 2019.
I was a very new WA resident at the time.
I'll be at this one as well.

I think we need to take a cue from the good citizens in Virginia who are showing up by the THOUSANDS at their local government meetings to DEMAND they declare their municipalities to be "sanctuaries"

We have a LOT of great Sheriffs in WA who have already done so

Cool, I promise to have my cell phone turned on this time so we can meet up. LOL
I blame it on @Slobray...:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Exactly right, we need to DEMAND, not ask nicely!!!:mad:

I can't wait. I have 2 prospects I will try to bring. They both had no idea what 1639 was. They are both nervous about standing on the capitol steps. I was too until Caveman invited me. Rights need exercising and the 17th we are going to work the right to peacefully assemble. They are trying to take that away from Virginians right now.

If you have a computer and a printer, it would take about 5 minutes to make up a couple flyers you could post at your favorite ranges/LGS. Just sayin';)

'Likes' are nice, sharing is better.;)

Boss

Last Edited:
I just got a revelation, do you remember back at the times when religion was persecuted by the powers that be at the time? Do you remember what Christians used to do when they met someone to show that they were Christian? Shrouded in secrecy, they used to draw a fish symbol in the sand with their feet...

How many of you work in an office environment and have to watch your P's & Q's or be persecuted by anti-freedom coworkers and possibly your boss? To let others know that there is a rally or anti-gun legislation being considered, you take a printed flyer to work yet you only show it to a few people that you know are on our side.

Today actually seems the same except it's not religion we are trying to communicate, it's our God-given rights.

Think about that for a moment & let it sink in....o_O

Last Edited:
I saw a post on nextdoor about signing 1094 petitions. If you are on there you should make a post as well. I will make a post about this rally.

~374 views?:confused::rolleyes:

I challenge the - Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Share the information about this rally with at least 10 other people/ranges/LGS by the end of the week...neighbor, shooting buddy, guy behind the counter at the store...and ask them to pass it on.

Extra Credit - Email your 2A organization of choice and ask them (nicely) to get on board with this.

Extra Extra Credit - Print up 50 flyers and take them to a LGS to help distribute. (probably less than $10 if you do B&W)

Many folks won't COME here, so the information has to be taken TO them.

$.02 worth.

Boss

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR