JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Here's your walkin' papers Babe. Don't let the door hit ya in the bubblegum on your way out."

I think it's a lot more common than a lot of us realize. I had gotten the feeling that this particular guy thought it was a pretty good compromise. I kept in touch with him for a few years. They eventually divorced, and he passed away from cancer at a relatively young age. Sad. He was a good guy.

When my wife and I got married, many years ago, she said that one of her friends asked her if she was going to make me get rid of my guns (as if that were a realistic and reasonable thing). She replied in total confusion, "Why in the world would I ever do that?"

For the record though, I would give up all my guns, shooting, and reloading stuff for my wife and/or kids, if for some unknown reason I had to make that choice (other than just ignorant, anti-gun bias). Oh yeah, in a heartbeat, without even a second thought.

...For the record though, I would give up all my guns, shooting, and reloading stuff for my wife and/or kids, if for some unknown reason I had to make that choice (other than just ignorant, anti-gun bias). Oh yeah, in a heartbeat, without even a second thought.

Ah, buts that's the true difference. Your choice, vs another's mandate upon you.

Something anti-2A folks simply can't comprehend.

I don't know how much .22 ammo I have but it's a 50 call ammo can full. In the last crises I'd go buy the 100 rounds bi mart wold sell me and put them in the ammo can take 100 rounds of old stock out and go shoot them.

I mean, what the heck did they talk about leading up to getting married.
Prolly things like, "are you on the pill?" and "do you want kids? When?" and the clincher, "what would you like to drink?"
I'm gonna keep a bunch of steaks in the freezer. I could sure go for a nice Rib Eye.
Oh yeah! Missus and I bought 2" thick filet medallions yesterday. Melt in your mouth goodness!!

For the record though, I would give up all my guns, shooting, and reloading stuff for my wife and/or kids, if for some unknown reason I had to make that choice (other than just ignorant, anti-gun bias). Oh yeah, in a heartbeat, without even a second thought.
Yeah, with you there. I've sold guns, motorcycles and precious (to me) stuff that I still miss but could not afford to replace for my wife. Now, the ex, when she insisted I give up my guns or her, I gave about a 30 second pause and ultimately said, "that's a tough choice." Oh, the howling wind that followed....

I like some others hardly ever shoot .22 rimfire. Heck, even have a weapon I won at a shooting event 6-8 years ago I have never even fired.

Last time I shot rimfire rifles was combating rats in Surprise Valley to help out the farmers. Not certain you can shoot lead projectiles at them any longer being it is in that state south of us.

With the exception of some subsonics in suppressed platforms, I hardly ever shoot .22 either, nor hunt small game any more. So, can't say I personally care.

Those that do might want to stock up though. Happy hunting for the deals.

CountryG, same boat for me, suppressed only. However, I have been stockpiling .22 mainly for trading material.

At some point, I will want primers, powder, and projectiles. Some guy pulling scrap lead and casting bullets prob would be willing to trade .22 for them.

Again amazing how short memories are. How many YEARS did the last shortage last? How fast did many forget when the shelves filled up again? So again there will be places that sell it as it comes in at normal price. There will be limits, many will start again with it's a conspiracy. Again some will be trying to explain how manufacturing works to many who will refuse to believe any of it. Imagining the mystic factory that just flips a switch and makes 3 times the amount of ammo by magic. <shrug>.
I have over 20K. So only problem I have is waiting for them to reopen the damn range so I can relieve the stress of working in healthcare around a few sick people and HORDES of panic stricken people who are fine but are convinced they are going to die. :confused:
Another person with a memory who'd a thunk it...........:p Sad to see so many that didn't stock up while the shelves/ warehouse were full of cheap stuff. I bought a lot more than I needed over the last couple of yrs just so I have a supply to give out to the people I know that will again complain they cant find anything.

Maybe CCI will be more up to the task, I think they put in more equipment after last time.

I wonder how many times William Clark asked Meriwether Lewis :
"Hey Lewis....Are we there yet...?":D

I think it would have far easier and quicker if they just took I-90...:eek: :D
Andy

Are you familiar with Lewis's iron frame boat they dragged up the Missouri to Great Falls?

The idea was to use animal hide sealed with pitch to cover the frame. Great idea, but they weren't able to find enough pitch to seal it up. Lewis had the men work for several days trying to get it to work, losing valuable time that they needed to get over the Rockies.

Both Lewis and Clark were recording journal entries at that time. Lewis recorded looong journal entries about the boat, how great the boat idea was, progress on the boat, and how great the boat was going to be.

Clark on the other hand was simultaniously recording very short, terse entries that can be basically translated as "Lewis still working on effing boat."

-E-

Are you familiar with Lewis's iron frame boat they dragged up the Missouri to Great Falls?

The idea was to use animal hide sealed with pitch to cover the frame. Great idea, but they weren't able to find enough pitch to seal it up. Lewis had the men work for several days trying to get it to work, losing valuable time that they needed to get over the Rockies.

Both Lewis and Clark were recording journal entries at that time. Lewis recorded looong journal entries about the boat, progress on the boat, and how great the boat was going to be.

Clark on the other hand was simultaniously recording very short, terse entries that can be basically translated as "Lewis still working on effing boat."

-E-
Yes indeed I am familiar with the iron boat....

For a long time my go to on Lewis and Clark was Gary Moulton's abridged version of the Journals...
It is the best single volume book about Lewis and Clark in my opinion.
Simply 'cause Moulton lets them talk...and stays the out of the work

A dear friend earlier this year gifted me the unabridged versions of Lewis and Clark as edited by Moulton...All 13 volumes....every word as they wrote it down....it even has Floyd's , Ordway's , Whitehous's and Gass's journals...A long read....but a excellent one.
Andy

Another person with a memory who'd a thunk it...........:p Sad to see so many that didn't stock up while the shelves/ warehouse were full of cheap stuff. I bought a lot more than I needed over the last couple of yrs just so I have a supply to give out to the people I know that will again complain they cant find anything.

Maybe CCI will be more up to the task, I think they put in more equipment after last time.

During the last panic there was a video showing the process at one of the Speer plants. It was amazingly labor intensive. I am sure they are looking at ways to streamline it by automating more of it.

Yep that was the one. Shows it was done in 2016 so they may have already automated things a little more by now but, even for that time it surprised me there was so much human labor involved in making the stuff.
Well we could have been the guys who actually did this......

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top