JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
22lr? Lost count a while ago...

I'm also in recovery, and haven't bought any new ammo in months.

The reality is, I probably won't ever need to for quite some time (if ever again),

that is...

Unless I fall off of the wagon and get an itch to pick up something like a Tokarev or FN Five-Seven.:s0059:

That's the neat thing about the more oddball calibers, usually still available.

The 30 minute-ish video of the guy at a Las Vegas gun shop earlier in the week showed ammunition nearly stripped bare. Plenty of 5.7 sitting there though.

I visited my LGS and bought some range Winchester .22 in the 100/box for $4.95.

I don't need it, but I try to buy something whenever I visit to support them.

Not that they need my help ATM.

Two things:

I was weighing the purchase and told they man I was just trying to decide how many squirrels I could eat for 5 bucks. He looked at the box and said, "Looks like a 100,"!

In the same moment, he asked, "Do we have a limit on these?".

The owner said, no. But make it 5 boxes at a time.

... So only problem I have is waiting for them to reopen the damn range ...

SafeFire in Camas is open. The place smells like bleach and they are out of ammo, and the gun store cases are almost empty but you can still shoot. You can use your own ammo and pick up your own brass if that's important to you.

I visited my LGS and bought some range Winchester .22 in the 100/box for $4.95.

I don't need it, but I try to buy something whenever I visit to support them.

Not that they need my help ATM.

Two things:

I was weighing the purchase and told they man I was just trying to decide how many squirrels I could eat for 5 bucks. He looked at the box and said, "Looks like a 100,"!

In the same moment, he asked, "Do we have a limit on these?".

The owner said, no. But make it 5 boxes at a time.

My kind of place.

Only if I shoot up all of the 30+K rounds I currently have in stock.

What I need is more of the match/hunting ammo.

I didn't buy more because I wanted to try what I have and make sure it works well in the guns I have. In short, I procrastinated. But I think I have enough semi-quality ammo (e.g. CCI plastic box stuff, like mini-mags and stingers, etc.) and I know I have plenty bulk blasting ammo.

I don't know how much I have, but I did kind of go nuts after they were available again in recent years. I'm an amateur compared to some of you guys, so I measure it by the brick and not the case, but I have all I need for the foreseeable future. That is if I can slow down my 14yo son and his trigger happy trigger finger.

The guys I don't understand (and I've known a lot of them) are the ones who have to stop by the store on the way to the range to buy a box of ammo. One time many years ago, I was headed to the range with a coworker and we had to stop at Bimart for ammo. He told me he never kept ammo at home because his wife wouldn't feel safe. The only way she let him keep his guns was if he agreed to never have any ammo in the house.

Who needs .22 LR?. I'm sorry, but if you haven't stocked enough .22 in the last 2.5 years, and enough is the equivillancy of hauling it out of your house in 1 load 15-20k rounds. Let's be real now shtf you're not piddling around with cases and cases and cases of .22, you wont have the time to deal with it all. You just wont, plain and simple DEAD WEIGHT!! .. I'd rather balance out my load with various calibers, not all .22 geesh.
Point is, we all knew another sandy hook was right around the corner. In this case a worldwide health pandemic??? So we hoard more bullets than we already have?? If any of you have done your homework and opened your wallet over the last 3 years, ammo should the least of your concerns.

Who needs .22 LR?. I'm sorry, but if you haven't stocked enough .22 in the last 2.5 years, and enough is the equivillancy of hauling it out of your house in 1 load 15-20k rounds. Let's be real now shtf you're not piddling around with cases and cases and cases of .22, you wont have the time to deal with it all. You just wont, plain and simple DEAD WEIGHT!! .. I'd rather balance out my load with various calibers, not all .22 geesh.
Point is, we all knew another sandy hook was right around the corner. In this case a worldwide health pandemic??? So we hoard more bullets than we already have?? If any of you have done your homework and opened your wallet over the last 3 years, ammo should the least of your concerns.
Can't speak for all but my idea of it is enough to last me a couple years of having a hard time buying it. Wife and I shoot weekly. At each time we shoot some .22 because it's fun and cheap. So it's common for us to burn through 500 rounds in a week. Like last time there will be more for sale. It will be with limits placed on it though if you want to pay normal price. So I used to sit on 10K. After that last panic I bumped that to 20K. If I have to abandon the home the .22 will be left. I figure that is not something I am going to worry about. If it happens it happens. I live in the here and now and I like to shoot weekly. So I want enough .22 to do so without feeling like I need to stop.

Its election year also....most learned from the last 2 votes. Can always trade for poop tickets, 3 rounds for 1 roll or a squirrel. can of sterno or a pack of smokes.
Come on folks, let the boy scout in you do its thing and be prepared.

I bought alot of ammo these past couple years. So much that the wife was starting question my mental wellness.

So.... to throw her off, I started buying furniture instead.

ammunition-crate-table-3.jpg

Man that guy touches his face a lot. He's probably dead already.

As for the ammo, thanks, I'm good.
The flies were bothering him.

It was actually mosquitos.... I saw the silhouette of one land on the side of his head and was waiting for him to slap at it when tapped in for a drink.... he actually exercised some amazing control. I HATE mosquitos!

Last Edited:
He should have asked Meriwether Lewis how to spell it. You just KNOW that with a name like "Meriwether" (don't call me Mari) the man knew how to spell! :s0140:
I wonder how many times William Clark asked Meriwether Lewis :
"Hey Lewis....Are we there yet...?":D

I think it would have far easier and quicker if they just took I-90...:eek: :D
Andy

The guys I don't understand (and I've known a lot of them) are the ones who have to stop by the store on the way to the range to buy a box of ammo. One time many years ago, I was headed to the range with a coworker and we had to stop at Bimart for ammo. He told me he never kept ammo at home because his wife wouldn't feel safe. The only way she let him keep his guns was if he agreed to never have any ammo in the house.

Pathetic. These are the types of questions that people should figure out before they get married. I mean, what the heck did they talk about leading up to getting married.

My wife, who enjoys going to the range, asked how would we have dealt with it in our relationship if she wan't fully supportive on that topic. I said, "oh that would have been easy, we wouldn't have made it past the first date.." We both laughed. One of the benefits of marrying and divorcing at an early age before you have anything is it teaches you how to pick the next one, and focus on the hardline issues early.

Also, every man should watch "the hot crazy matrix" guide about women. It would save men a lot of trouble.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top