JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any firearms stable could use more FALs or PTR-91s when .308 is in the mix. :rolleyes:

Gotta Galil for that.... HA HA!!

IMG_2582.JPG IMG_2583.JPG

Ain't no lie, baby, buy, buy, buy! ;)

I've seen it mentioned in a number of threads, but thought it might be interesting to hear what people are doing, specifically, to take advantage of this little 'breather' we have in guns, ammo and accessories pricing and availability in the wake of the DT election and the R congress. Gun control, at least on the national level, appears to be on hold, and I'm sure we all know it's only a temporary reprieve - we will be fighting again.

In the meantime, 2017 is offering some pricing and availability we haven't seen in years. And while .22lr hasn't returned back to the glory days in terms of pricing, at least you can find it pretty regularly now.

So, in this window of time, what is your focus? Buy your first AR, AK or other semi-auto rifle? Add some double-stack pistols to the lineup? Stocking up on ammo and magazines?

As for me, I'm focusing mostly on the things I've had a harder time getting the past few years - magazines and ammo. I'm pretty happy with the guns I own and have slowed down adding to the lineup - most I'm interested in now typically don't fall under the target of the anti's anyway, so they'll still be a bit easier to get when the fight ramps up again.

I'm making sure I'm covered with spare mags for my guns - all 'standard' capacity, of course. And ammo, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm catching back up again to a place where I can have some ammo on hand, but still go shooting without worry of depleting the stores.

How about you? Any particular focus of whatever funds you may have, during this time? Are you doing your best to help keep the gun/ammo industry well funded during this time? What's most important to you right now that just about everything is available, and at some nice prices?

Pretty much week to week right now but I'm looking forward to a used 30-06 and building an AR15 pistol.

I'm a sucker for deals too hard to pass up though so who knows what my first gun in awhile will be.

Now that I've shot Skrugers '51 colt 1911, my para isn't quite as exciting :p:D

I was one of the people who had 15K +, of 22LR before 2007 just collected as the sales were around.
Its what I do with all the calibers. Never waited just slowly here and there.
For 2017 just fine tuning the storage, safes and allot of mags. I am getting Pmags for 6.00 at some sales new.
I may stock up on ammo but there comes a point, thats enough.
Firearms I don't need a warehouse full I know what works and works well for a given situation and so thats what I go with.
The panic never affected me because I never put myself into needing ammo right now.
What I need in much much more 30.06 its laughable how little I have on that round but its also in what I would call my back, ups, back up ... backup so would be my last go to if it came to that. Its very capable but I have others that work much better.

Problem is firearms are addicting its hard to see so many deals and not rack up a 50K in credit card debt.
So my advice, dont rack up anything pay cash for what you can get and then wait.
I know so many that are sliding that plastic like crazy right now and thats practical at all.
I was raised to carry ammo I needed with me, so having the right firearm and the right ammo when I need it is key.
If SHTF allot wont go so as we see this nice clearing in the clouds maybe buy some MRE's over a new gun if thats why so many are buying up due to SHTF? in the future. you can eat a MRE, you cants eat ammo LOL/

Another thought is investment some stuff will always go up in price so buy low sell high .;)

And don't forget the WATER. I can picture some folks only stocking up on food and forgetting to store plenty of water. Water is #1 priority over everything else. You can live 3 minutes without air, 3 weeks without food, but only 3 days without water. Google hidden water supplies inside your home for emergencies.

Problem is firearms are addicting its hard to see so many deals and not rack up a 50K in credit card debt.
So my advice, dont rack up anything pay cash for what you can get and then wait.
I know so many that are sliding that plastic like crazy right now and thats practical at all.

I never buy anything on credit - the only debt I have is my mortgage, and in theory I have more in equity than debt there.

Another thought is investment some stuff will always go up in price so buy low sell high .;)

So many people buy in a panic paying high prices, often with credit, then when the panic passes, they sell - so they windup buying high and selling low (to pay off their debt). Whether it is ammo, guns or anything else (stocks, houses, etc.). It's like they flunked economics 101. :rolleyes:

It's no wonder so many people are in financial distress, or at least don't have much (if any) savings.

Last Edited:
I hope your wrong etrain on the .22lr situation....I have been doing the same thing....Wally World hit the 6.99/100rds of Winchester 40gr and has been stuck there for 2 years....I just want my federal 550 value packs for 12.99 again:s0010:

If CCI dropped to 2-4 cents a round I bet they would sell 10x what they are selling now..... I know I would lay down some serious cash for a lifetime supply (if there is such a thing!).

on gundeals.com, i now regularly see bulk 22 ammo for under 6 cents, sometimes under 5 cents.

It seems to have stabilized at 5 to 6 cents for bulk ammo.

I remember when I could get a brick of bulk 22 for under $10 on sale, but I don't think we will ever go back to that.

I never buy anything on credit - the only debt I have is my mortgage, and in theory I have more in equity than debt there.

So many people buy in a panic paying high prices, often with credit, then when the panic passes, they sell - so they windup buying high and selling low (to pay off their debt). Whether it is ammo, guns or anything else (stocks, houses, etc.). It's like they flunked economics 101. :rolleyes:

It's no wonder so many people are in financial distress, or at least don't have much (if any) savings.

Only time I bought ammo on credit was with a 0% interest check for 18 months so was same as cash and was able to buy large amounts paid off over 8 months no interest. Those can be a trap but when used you get free cash and no fees .
I am not saying anyone do this unless you are good at finances as if you don't pay off in 18 months all that interest is piled on when it expires. I also have zero bills just a very small mortgage. I get what you are saying panic buying I wont sell my 22LR even though some was bought at $9.99. I wont gouge people I expect a fair price and give a fair price.
Locally here I remember a few asking and getting 35.00 for Pmags in 2012 some asking more.
I will however stock up in trade value as often times if it goes south you can use that for trades. I seldom ever buy private its always a swap of some kinds.

Now if The UN-afordable care act was not around I would have allot more to spend but thats for another thread LOL

It seems that the firearms that I am truly interested in purchasing are not going down in price.:(

I sold my AK's and AR's long ago figuring my trusty SKS could/would handle emergencies. But, God help me, the price of an AR is falling so low that I'll be crazy not to get one or two.

Last Edited:
It seems that the firearms that I am truly interested in purchasing are not going down in price.:(

I sold my AK's and AR's long ago figuring my trusty SKS could/would handle emergencies. But, God help, me the price of an AR is falling so low that I'll be crazy not to get one or two.
Yep some AR's are as low as 399.00 and Pmags are around 7.00 on sale even ammo is lower too on .223

I keep track of the money I've "invested" in this realm of guns/ammo/accessories. It is absolutely amazing how much money I've spent on this stuff...and I still need more! Magazines and ammo have been a major growth area. I would hate there to be a mag limit in Oregon, but I am planning for a grandfather clause, for sure!

I keep track of the money I've "invested" in this realm of guns/ammo/accessories. It is absolutely amazing how much money I've spent on this stuff...and I still need more! Magazines and ammo have been a major growth area. I would hate there to be a mag limit in Oregon, but I am planning for a grandfather clause, for sure!

If it comes to a capacity ban, there will be no grandfather clause. Looking at California, Massachusetts etc.

Matter of fact, they'd probably do a buyback program and give you coupons for $1 off at a piercing place.

If it comes to a capacity ban, there will be no grandfather clause. Looking at California, Massachusetts etc.

Matter of fact, they'd probably do a buyback program and give you coupons for $1 off at a piercing place.

Perfect! Then I could finally afford to get one of these:

:rolleyes:

I just picked up 3 new guns in the last month so I should be happy with my summer hahaha. But I don't have any AR or AK and would like to get one. And I always have need for small pistol primers since I go through 1000 every 3 weeks or so. But really I would like to try speed steel or something like that to have some more fun with my guns. I am saving up for a good belt system for the range too.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top