JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never owned a .22 so maybe I'll put that on my list. Other than that I might stack more ammo. If cans get deregulated I'd be interested. Just at the beginning phases of building a new house so my priorities are elsewhere at the moment.

I have noticed bullets coming down in price a bit. Speer 100 gr 'Plinkers' were at $16.95/100 a couple years ago and now I saw Sportsman's had them for 12.99 - and HAD several boxes in stock. Looks like powders are off a couple bucks also as the shelves are FULL!

I bought my first handgun, a sig p226 mk25, and a semi automatic rifle, a Ruger AR 556. I have about 650 rounds of 9mm and about 400 in 5.56 with a few .223 in the mix. Currently have 5 magazines for my AR all in standard capacity. Two pmags, two steel mags, and one roller mag for my AR 556. I just have the three 15 round magazines that came with my MK25.
I did buy a cheap laser sight at Freddies the other day for sheets and giggles.
I'm currently looking to get either a Sig p220 compact, a CZ p10c, HK VP9, or a Ruger 10/22 (likely at least one of the first and the 10/22). I'm considering another caliber rifle for hunting and distance shooting, but I'm not as rich as I should be and I'm prioritizing my purchases. I can't really say that I'm looking for a shotgun, was sort of given a Browning A5 a little while ago. I will probably buy an Ithaca 37 one of these days.
Like suggested by the OP, I am not entirely satisfied with the prices of some things. I would have bought a lot more milsurp if that market was more kind. I only bought the AR because I can't get an M1A1 for a similar price, but the AR has grown on me since. I'm still pretty happy that the prices are not as crazy as they had been in recent years.
Sounds like you have a plan... just don't forget to have more mags and ammo for the weapons you have.
Ya know, personally, Ive been in this shooting game a lotta years and spent a lot of time with the Mini-14- had five of them once and sold them off to invest in AR15s 'n stuff.. Somehow just havent gotten used to the idea of "AR15" and "Ruger" in the same sentence! But everyone and their boy Howdy is makin ARs these days, no reason why Ruger shouldnt. I wonder if they are casting the parts like they do for many of their firearms, or if they are actually using forged materials..? Old Bill is probably rotating faster than a pulsar about now:D

Sounds like you have a plan... just don't forget to have more mags and ammo for the weapons you have.
Ya know, personally, Ive been in this shooting game a lotta years and spent a lot of time with the Mini-14- had five of them once and sold them off to invest in AR15s 'n stuff.. Somehow just havent gotten used to the idea of "AR15" and "Ruger" in the same sentence! But everyone and their boy Howdy is makin ARs these days, no reason why Ruger shouldnt. I wonder if they are casting the parts like they do for many of their firearms, or if they are actually using forged materials..? Old Bill is probably rotating faster than a pulsar about now:D

I am really impressed withe the 2nd Gen M&P SW AR-15 platform, solid and reliable and priced very well.
I am with you each firearms has a 10 or more mag ratio. Only the Rem 740 has just two mags as after markets suck for those rifles. Ammo I think if they stopped selling ammo today how many years do I have in ammo.
I also fear here that stupid ID crap to buy ammo may come around. I don't use them but even have about 20 SKS extended mags still in bags because they were on sale a few years ago for 5.00 after rebate. Its important to think trade values as well when stocking up. Back in the 22LR scare I traded Ruger 10/22 and 2K of ammo for a SKS Yugo and 1000 rds of ammo the SKS is worth about 200.00 more plus the ammo but when 22lr was sky high tade values were king with 22LR. Id never gouge anyone in selling 22LR but trading is a whole other ball of wax because trades are based on what the other thinks they are worth. Heck I traded a train set for a new rifle once just depends. I love trades more then I do buy and sells.

Yep! With the saturated market and zero anti firearm pressure, now is truly the easy time to leisurely buy.

Ive scaled down my bills and living costs in order to buy a few firearms this summer as well as ammo.

As long as I can snag an: SKS, loaded M1A, and RPK type rifle Ill be a very happy camper.

Give me some tips to convince my GF that's the case and I'll go buy some tomorrow.

Big tip: Get a different SO.

If I earn the money, then after I pay my share of living expenses, what I spend my earnings on is my business, no one elses. No one. Not the government, not my family, not my SO (if I had one).

And yes, I am single - I am happier this way than when I had a wife who would spend all my earnings (and then some) while I worked overtime so she could sleep in until noon.

If I ever get hooked up again (unlikely) my SO will understand this from the outset. As long as I fulfill my financial obligations (including my retirement), I do not ask permission of anybody as to what I spend my money on.

Give me some tips to convince my GF that's the case and I'll go buy some tomorrow.

Well if the GF is already dictating how your life is going to be .........there's yer sign..
If you truly enjoy something a good S.O. will support the passion you enjoy in this case firearms.
If this is a struggle now, it will be a fight or war later on.
Been married near 30 years its works because we both compromise a bit and let the other have freedom to enjoy their life.
My wife also is a CHL holder daily and grew to love my passion of firearms. It was something we share in common.
So to digress convincing a non-wife ......... hmmm theres yer sign.

I've been so confused! Trying to figure out what I want to write on this subject.
I've got about $1,000 saved now, but so many directions I can go.
Don't need anything, this is a want situation!!! :D Maybe a super tricked out Hi-Point! :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top