JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gov. Roy Cooper said at a briefing late Tuesday that a "hard look" was needed into how the shooting happened and how to keep guns off campus and out of schools.

"A student should not have to fear for his or her life when they are on our campuses," the Democrat said. "Parents should not have to worry about their students when they send them off to school. And I know that this violence has to stop. ... In the coming days we will take a hard look at all of this to see what we need to do going forward."

I don't go anywhere that I'm not in fear for my life. Just the other day an extremely elderly lady driver turned left right in front of oncoming traffic then veered into my lane. :eek::eek:

Life is risky... get over it. And have a plan to defend yourself and love ones at all times. If we love these ones the teacher is calling "children" we need to do a better job of defending our schools. Don't like gates, metal detectors, armed guards, armed staff... get over it! It's not 1956 any more!!!

Last Edited:
Life is risky... get over it. And have a plan to defend yourself and love ones at all times.
Exactly.

Same old, same old. How many died yesterday in traffic accidents, in violent attacks with knives and blunt objects, and possibly because they were unable to defend themselves? How many were actually able to defend themselves because they were armed? Story about a CHL hero? Nary a word will be lost on them by the legacy media, or the Governor for that matter. But if a gun is (negatively) involved? Oh yes, definitely have to cover that story. :mad:

get over it. And have a plan to defend yourself and love ones at all times. If we love these ones the teacher is calling "children" we need to do a better job of defending our schools. Don't like gates, metal detectors, armed guards, armed staff... get over it! It's not 1956 any more!!!

Do you want a police state? Because that is how you get (more of) a police state. No thanks.

It's the object not the operator. Silly rabbit...

Vehicles are responsible for drunk drivers...

Spoons are responsible for obesity...

Let's do something about the mental health epidemic in this country. How about illegal drugs? Might that be a start? How about severe punishment for those who commit crimes using firearms? Or perhaps enforcing one of the more than 20K existing firearms laws.

Here's a novel idea, secure school and educational buildings.... Hmmmm... Imagine that. We secure our courtrooms, city halls and state houses, yet, refuse to secure our schools and our future generations... So very sad...

In response to Behan wanting to arrest them for possessing firearms... As Wyatt Earp told Sheriff Behan, I don't think I'll let you arrest us today Behan...

Do you want a police state? Because that is how you get (more of) a police state. No thanks.

How is protecting schools, universities, and colleges a police state? It's thinking like above that gets us nowhere and these places continue to be targets. Right now I can walk into any of the above, carrying concealed, and not be stopped to check my creds. We keep doing the same thing over and over and (Edit: expect different) results. You know what that is called.

Last Edited:
How is protecting schools, universities, and colleges a police state? It's thinking like above that gets us nowhere and these places continue to be targets. Right now I can walk into any of the above, carrying concealed, and not be stopped to check my creds. We keep doing the same thing over and over and (Edit: expect different) results. You know what that is called.

Because everytime you add all that crap, you accomplish:

1) a line, which is a static target rich environment with no protection, usually in the open.

2) a place for Gestapo to stop you and check your papers, tax status, etc. As more and more .gov systems become linked, along with secret "no fly" lists, this will become a major issue.

3) security theater that protects against some threats, but not all, while eliminating peoples ability to defend themselves. I.e., a strong man can still attack or rape a woman in a gun free zone, someone can bring in a plastic knife, or biological weapon.

4) a general hassle that costs lots of money and is only good for preventing vastly statistically insignificant attacks.

The only solution is to empower and allow people to defend themselves.

Last Edited:
Also, have you been on many college campuses? They are wide open and often intermingled with the surrounding city.

Are you going to lock down 4 blocks with metal detectors, guards, and drones?

Because everytime you add all that crap, you accomplish:

1) a line, which is a static target rich environment with no protection, usually in the open.

2) a place for Gestapo to stop you and check your papers, tax status, etc. As more and more .gov systems become linked, along with secret "no fly" lists, this will become a major issue.

3) security theater that protects against some threats, but not all, while eliminating peoples ability to defend themselves. I.e., a strong man can still attack or rape a woman in a gun free zone, someone can bring in a plastic knife, or biological weapon.

4) a general hassle that costs lots of money and is only good for preventing vastly statistically insignificant results.

The only solution is to empower and allow people to defend themselves.

1. Not going to happen. Attack a line, get killed by the guards very quickly. We know from experience that ALL these bad actor mass murderers don't go where there are armed guards... they are tiny little cowards, that's why they attack schools.

2. Wow! Paranoid much????? Gestapo, really? You're pulling that old saw??? We are talking the same level of security checks that you have at a courthouse... Walk thru the metal detector. Nobody is saying CC holders couldn't keep their weapons, but would be required to show ID and CCW and provide a reason for being there. Is that sooooooo ominous?

3. Nothing protects against all risks. Somebody could bring in a nuke, oh my!! Is that a reason for doing nothing?

4. Please cite data showing this is ineffective supporting your claim in any way. Where is it in place and not working or statistically insignificant?

I'm all for empowering people and letting them defend themselves. How do you plan to empower people? How do young children in grade school defend themselves? Are you saying you want every student to be armed?

Last Edited:
Our society used to protect people from the mentally unstable by putting them in a safe place so they couldn't harm themselves or us. Now, as a society, we labeled that care as inhumane or punishment and left ourselves vulnerable.

Funny how the P.T.B. always require armed security, yet those same people do absolutely NOTHING to protect the kids! Funny ol world aint it, when our politicians get to have armed security, and yet our children do not! Why is this?
Why does Gov. Brown get full State Popo armed security, and yet the local high school does not?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews