JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only problem with the prices on older shotguns is you can't use steel shot.This kinda keeps the prices down And the 410s aren't a big seller,that I have seen (can't hunt deer with them any more)
$100-250 at the shows for most nice older shotguns

It's a shame they put the Cutts on it, but I have one on one of my Ithaca M37's as back when I did it the only other way to get interchangealble chokes was either that or a polychoke. I would just enjoy it for a nice little quail or grouse gun.

the cutts was a stock ad. from the boys on ifish they say this shotgun is priced between 1600-1700 ive also heard 1200-1400. still looking. more input the better

I've seen M42's that were pretty beat go for close to $1K. I used to shoot skeet with a guy that had a M42 skeet gun. He called it his "idiot stick", as in you'd have to be an idiot to shoot skeet with it. :s0114:

Only problem with the prices on older shotguns is you can't use steel shot.This kinda keeps the prices down And the 410s aren't a big seller,that I have seen (can't hunt deer with them any more)
What!?

For a Model 42 Winchester? Are you nuts?

sbwool63, this is not the website to be looking to for advise. With a factory Cutts and an English stock you might have a very rare piece there. Might check sites like Gunbroker and maybe look for Winchester collector sites.

What!?

For a Model 42 Winchester? Are you nuts?

sbwool63, this is not the website to be looking to for advise. With a factory Cutts and an English stock you might have a very rare piece there. Might check sites like Gunbroker and maybe look for Winchester collector sites.

Yeah your second part was something I forgot to put in my post.
There are so many old shotguns at the shows,I don't even try to keep up.But Most you see are in the $200-300 range.

Now if it has some collectors value,then you need to go to those sites.
Otherwise,it's just another non steel shot,shotgun. Like the 6 that your dad has in the closet.

Yeah your second part was something I forgot to put in my post.
There are so many old shotguns at the shows,I don't even try to keep up.But Most you see are in the $200-300 range.

Now if it has some collectors value,then you need to go to those sites.
Otherwise,it's just another non steel shot,shotgun. Like the 6 that your dad has in the closet.
If you do not know what you're talking about, why comment with incorrect/false information?

The similar guns on GB getting bids are 800-900 dollars range. Of course there are a wide range of prices.

Quick info check.. can these guns use bismuth shot?
I think the answer is yes. see the qutoe below.

I take great pride and get much enjoyment from again being able to hunt wildfowl with my cherished old doubles, to name a few, Parker, L.C. Smith, Fox, Lefever, and Charles Daly. These old shotguns are choked just about right, on the tight side for shooting past 40 yards. It has been much too long a wait to use these fine old shotguns for fear of choke damage due to steel shot! Now once again the grand old and almost forgotten 16 GA shotguns can once again be used for duck hunting. Plus the 20 GA magnum using Bismuth loads is a fine duck gun. My old buddy Don Preban is a duck hunting nut, and he is really impressed with the new 20 GA 3" mags 11/16 oz 5 Bismuth in his 20 GA Remington 1100, 26" modified barrel. Inside of 45 yards big mallards don't know what hit them", plus the gun is light and responsive. Morris Bunemann has dumped 15 consecutive mallards without a miss with Winchester 12 GA 3" 1-5/8 oz 4 Bismuth loads, a feat he can never remember doing ever before with any other type of shotshells. More and more hunters are seeing far less crippling with excellent quality Bismuth shotshells, and their killing range has been increased so they are enjoying the best of both worlds. The future indeed does look bright for the wildfowl hunter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top