JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So y'all have seen this picture before ... But its the only one I have.
Its my Series 70 Colt made in 1972.
This was the first handgun I shot . My dad and I have put many rounds through it over the years.
Still works as intended.
The bottom pistol is a Pachmayr .22LR conversion on a GI frame.
Its lots of fun to shoot as well.
Andy
DSC06046.jpg

My current and only 1911 - Para (Canadian made) P14.45 Limited - shoots amazing, going to be a permanent part of the collection:

261070-86b01fc0999d46a015af250fe3142efc.jpg

Previously owned these:

Ruger SR1911 CMD. Love the Ruger, so well made, shoots well too. I sold it and would buy another, but would prefer the larger 5" model over the smaller CMD model:

250518-53de4037556a3afbc58c2f8b7fbbadf6.jpg '

Tisas Zig 1911 A2 - my first 1911, Turkish import. For an inexpensive model, it shot really well:

260139-d6b88efcf283389c6f3a8333b5e67062.jpg

And this guy is sitting at the FFL right now, just waiting to be picked up:

Armscor RIA 1911 in 9mm/.22TCM - 17 rounds:

ARM51687FC-2.jpg

I wanted to mention one more - the S&W Enhanced 1911. I have this on my want list. It's not a gun you hear a lot about, but talking to folks that have owned and shot them, including 2 gunsmiths, they are well made, reliable guns. And while the looks may not appeal to traditionalists, I have to say I really like it myself. Runs about the same price as the Rugers and Springfields.

108482-1-large.jpg

I wanted to mention one more - the S&W Enhanced 1911. I have this on my want list. It's not a gun you hear a lot about, but talking to folks that have owned and shot them, including 2 gunsmiths, they are well made, reliable guns. And while the looks may not appeal to traditionalists, I have to say I really like it myself. Runs about the same price as the Rugers and Springfields.

View attachment 334107

I would have to agree with you etrain. I think it is a really nice looking gun. I will definitely add that to the list of ones to look at.

My current and only 1911 - Para (Canadian made) P14.45 Limited - shoots amazing, going to be a permanent part of the collection:

View attachment 334100

Previously owned these:

Ruger SR1911 CMD. Love the Ruger, so well made, shoots well too. I sold it and would buy another, but would prefer the larger 5" model over the smaller CMD model:

View attachment 334101 '

Tisas Zig 1911 A2 - my first 1911, Turkish import. For an inexpensive model, it shot really well:

View attachment 334102

And this guy is sitting at the FFL right now, just waiting to be picked up:

Armscor RIA 1911 in 9mm/.22TCM - 17 rounds:

View attachment 334103

I really like the Para as well are the Canadian made ones hard to find?

I really like the Para as well are the Canadian made ones hard to find?

I don't think they're necessarily difficult. Mine was simply being in the right place at the right time. I was at Tigard Pawn to do a private sale. As the other guy was filling out his BGC form, they were putting the Para in the case. I asked to see it, asked the price, and loved it, so I asked them to get the BGC form for me too ;)

I don't think they're necessarily difficult. Mine was simply being in the right place at the right time. I was at Tigard Pawn to do a private sale. As the other guy was filling out his BGC form, they were putting the Para in the case. I asked to see it, asked the price, and loved it, so I asked them to get the BGC form for me too ;)

Sometimes it pays to be not only good but lucky. :D

I love 1911s and agree with many of the posts here. Springfield, Para, Ruger, Sig, Remington, Kimber, Dan Wesson, S&W all good quality mid priced 1911s. You can't go wrong...but if you want something a little different, how about a Coonan 1911, in 357 magnum

IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0300.JPG

I love 1911s and agree with many of the posts here. Springfield, Para, Ruger, Sig, Remington, Kimber, Dan Wesson, S&W all good quality mid priced 1911s. You can't go wrong...but if you want something a little different, how about a Coonan 1911, in 357 magnum

View attachment 334545 View attachment 334544
Haven't seen one of those in quite some time... Very nice and unique too...

One of my friends has been talking about buying a Coonan for over 20 years. I wish he'd just do it already! I'd like to shoot it, too.

Like Andy, I'll share a pic I've shared a bunch. Someday I'll take some new photos.
On the left, 1951 Colt Government "commercial". Middle, 1962 National Match (sold that one years ago). 2008 Dan Wesson CBOB.
2 Colts and a DW.jpg

Is that on a Para frame?

I've got that same RIA - actually just got it - only difference is the newer model doesn't have that huge RIA logo on the slide (thankfully). As for the lower, as far as I know, RIA makes their own. It is a double stack and comes with a .22TCM and 9mm barrel - you use the same double-stack magazine for each. I've got a double stack Para as well and they don't look to me to be the same in terms of manufacturer.

1911s are my .45 caliber handgun of choice. I had a few got rid of those then caught the 1911 bug again and got six together, a stainless Taurus with tons of custom work including emblems removed from the lide which I liked, a Colt/Essex Competition gun had a crazy one peice comp/barrel, Colt Combat Match Target (made is 1997 only) rare model, Springfield Champion "4, Springfield with tons of custom slide and trigger work, and a Sig Extreme. I prefer the old style look with no tac rail, I learned on mil-spec sights so I am good with mil-spec. I got rid of all the 1911s but one and am currently working on building it up. And want a Stainless 1911 but a stock Springfield, maybe something else if a trade popped up. I actually thought about getting a ATI 1911 for $366 new just to run the crap out of it, to see what its made of.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews