JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm always suspicious of people that have developed their ability to sneak up so close to animals?

Admit it Joe. ''Your not here for the hunting''. Are you? :s0140:

Just a hiker with a gun so far:p.

I just want to pet them, I'm sure your dirty mind went somewhere else though :rolleyes:o_O.

This is my year to fill a tag though - I'm sure of it:cool:.

And I'll take my 1911 as a side arm to keep this on topic:D

The specs look nearly identical on both. I had a ruger and loved it. I have never heard a bad word about the SR or the R1. Biggest difference is sights and color. Go with your gut (stainless), the $100 will not matter by the time you get it. You can always pick up the R1 later if you feel the need.
Thanks for your advice. I always tell myself to live and learn. Since I love stainless so much, whats an extra $94? :cool: Anyhow, the msrp difference is a bit over $100 anyways and I do feel more peace of mind with Ruger's CS and warranty being one of the best. I ended up biting the bullet and just ordered the sr1911 target model in stainless. I feel such a relief now :).

Last Edited:
Thanks for your advise. I always tell myself to live and learn. Since I love stainless so much, whats an extra $94? :cool: Anyhow, the msrp is difference isba bit over $100 anyways and I do feel more peace of mind with Rugers cs and warranty being one of the best. I ended up biting the bullet and just ordered the sr1911 target model in stainless. I feel such a relief.

We want pics when you get it!! :D

20170318_123709.jpg 20170318_123632.jpg 20170318_123845.jpg

So here it is folks. Just picked it up today. Ruger SR1911 Target model in stainless. I compared it to other 1911s at the gun shop and it seemed heavier than all of them. It does feel really nice though and am happy with my choice to follow my heart and get a stainless 1911. :cool: My 1911 fever is over and now I can enjoy this.

View attachment 350505 View attachment 350507 View attachment 350508

So here it is folks. Just picked it up today. Ruger SR1911 Target model in stainless. I compared it to other 1911s at the gun shop and it seemed heavier than all of them. It does feel really nice though and am happy with my choice to follow my heart and get a stainless 1911. :cool: My 1911 fever is over and now I can enjoy this.

I really like my para but I would like a nice 1911 someday - congrats!

Now go put 500 rounds thru her and break her in:D

Had an SR1911 a while ago, sold it when I needed some $$. Would love to add one back into the collection at some point. Enjoy!

Fever is over until you find the next one to list over, one can never have enough 1911's :D

Having/had 8 1911s.... here is my positive opinions on some of them.

Armscor 1911 is the best for money spent. Springfield 1911 TRP is the tightest slide/frame/barrel fit for the money. Wilson Combat Super Grade is all about details and details that fulfill my OCD. My best pick to realistically recommend to my friends would be the Ruger SR1911 for the money, quality, and the customer service.

Last Edited:
I have the Ruger SR1911CMD-A (Lightweight Commander) and really like it. When I first went into the military they were still using the 1911 and it was the first handgun I learned to shoot well. When they switched over to the M9, well $hit... never did get to a point where I felt comforted by it (after 16 yrs in and a combat tour).... It was also about the time they switched over from the A-2 to the M4 so i really didn't care too much.

My Ruger is a little big to carry for any and all situations though it is very comforting on my side. Having said that, it is also the smallest and lightest .45 ACP I would want to rely on. It is the perfect function and form for the right $$ and covering most situations ... Ruger did it up right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top