JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1911s are my .45 caliber handgun of choice. I had a few got rid of those then caught the 1911 bug again and got six together, a stainless Taurus with tons of custom work including emblems removed from the lide which I liked, a Colt/Essex Competition gun had a crazy one peice comp/barrel, Colt Combat Match Target (made is 1997 only) rare model, Springfield Champion "4, Springfield with tons of custom slide and trigger work, and a Sig Extreme. I prefer the old style look with no tac rail, I learned on mil-spec sights so I am good with mil-spec. I got rid of all the 1911s but one and am currently working on building it up. And want a Stainless 1911 but a stock Springfield, maybe something else if a trade popped up. I actually thought about getting a ATI 1911 for $366 new just to run the crap out of it, to see what its made of.
As for the ATI, I can only speak to the 4.25" Commander size, but at nearly 1k rounds, no issues... Once the ground clears a bit, I'll list it over the 1k mark...

Slide/frame/barrel fit is very tight... So far, very well pleased for a 350.00 1911... Hands down beats the RIA's I've handled as far as fit...

i dont have much input but still feel like posting my few experiences. i have only ever shot a springfield loaded and a springfield range officer. they shot well! nice and crisp trigger, just a smooth ball bearing-like slide to frame fit. i couldnt tell mich difference between the two except im not a fan of target sights(range officer). i do however, like the novak style night sights on the loaded i shot. both seem like real good quality guns.

i have a form4 coming back any day, im trying to convince myself not to buy a remington r1 enhanced threaded barrel. ive handled one, never shot one. i mean it feels nice, about as tight as the springfields i shot. i like how it comes with suppressor sights too (which may be switched out,idk). my FFL can get me one for $730 out the door. i hope its not one of those "too good to be true" or "you get what you pay for" deals.

i mean hickok45 didnt have many negatives about it so it must be decent right??
I have an R1S Enhanced, and I have stopped looking at other 1911's. This thing just works every time, and it fits me like a glove. The slide and frame are tight and, as someone said, ball bearing smooth.
GunInv2016-1911-1.jpg
The trigger is amazing right out of the box. It has decent sights, and the fit and finish are very good. I did replace the grips with smooth rosewood because I didn't care for the aggressive checkering on the stock grips.

Last Edited:
I have an R1S, and I have stopped looking at other 1911's. This thing just works every time, and it fits me like a glove. The slide and frame are tight and, as someone said, ball bearing smooth.
View attachment 334616
The trigger is amazing right out of the box. It has decent sights, and the fit and finish are very good. I did replace the grips with smooth rosewood because I didn't care for the aggressive checkering on the stock grips.
awesome! thank you for the review! i feel confident in buying the r1 enhanced TB.

I have an R1S, and I have stopped looking at other 1911's. This thing just works every time, and it fits me like a glove. The slide and frame are tight and, as someone said, ball bearing smooth.
View attachment 334616

What price point are the R1S 1911's? With all the great review's I might have to add that to the list to check out;)

Well I really liked my Para till this thread and seeing some of y'all's:(.

Some very :cool: guns in this thread.

Still aiming for a stainless Beretta 92 as my next handgun. (No pimping it out except for a hogue grip lol:p).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top