JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Those are Mec-Gar 20 round 92FS/M-9 magazine's. ;)

Yumm. 20 rd... with 2 extra mags on the off side, hmmm it might do the job. o_O

I own a coupla Mec-Gar mags for Para P18. Bought them when I was still thinking about converting my P14.45 to 9mm. Sure woulda been a heap of 9mm if I had installed my +4 basepads on them... 18+4 hee hee!

for myself, the comfort/fit of the basic frame grip is one of the Holy Trinity of Divine Qualities that any 1911 MUST have. The CBOB Dan Wesson & some models of the Sig 1911 have this little bit of frame trimmed off. Makes a far better fit for my paw.

427973_01_dan_wesson_1911_cbob_640.jpg

"It fit's my hand great as is."

great....and I always thought they did too....until I actually shot one;

they carry better for those of us 'gravitationally enhanced' as well....

What price point are the R1S 1911's? With all the great review's I might have to add that to the list to check out;)
Here is a good representative page for prices on the Remington offerings;
National Firearms Dealer's Network

http://wgsguns.com/catalog.semi-automatic-handguns?&manufacturer=25

This place normally seems to be about the "norm" for price in my part of the country and should give a good idea. One more thing. DAMN YOU ALL!! :confused:
Every time I start looking at 1911's I just HAVE to have another you know. ;)
Those offering from Remington do really look sharp.

Get a Para while you still can. I just adore my Pro Custom 16.40.

ages ago I had one of their early 45s.

Never again under any circumstance. I could tell a long heartbreaking tale about a Taurus PT1911 as well. No thanks. My mileage DID vary and I ain't going back to revisit them. Although it's been long enough on both it's almost humorous. Now.
But no one is interested enough to make typing out the story worth the effort.

This isn't to bash any particular mfg, but to relate there are some reasons people develop strong aversions to certain products while coming to rely on others.

Here is a good representative page for prices on the Remington offerings;
National Firearms Dealer's Network

http://wgsguns.com/catalog.semi-automatic-handguns?&manufacturer=25

This place normally seems to be about the "norm" for price in my part of the country and should give a good idea. One more thing. DAMN YOU ALL!! :confused:
Every time I start looking at 1911's I just HAVE to have another you know. ;)
Those offering from Remington do really look sharp.

http://wgsguns.com/product.remingto...eel-wood-laminate-grips-two-8-round-magazines

Thanks I gotta say the threaded barrel is enticing thought

That was the one I kept going back to several times before I posted the link. Was running all kinds of scenarios through my head on how I would tell Wife we "needed" this when I came home with it. :D
I have done a lot of business with that shop over many years. One of the guns was me walking in there to buy a bottle of breakfree. Was a weekend and I could not find the last bottle I had and was trying to clean. Headed out and one store after another did not carry it. Finally ended up there. On way out the door with bottle of oil I "looked" at the gun case even though I knew better. Came home with a new .380 and a bottle of oil. I told the Wife it was stray that followed me............really.......she just rolled her eyes at me. ;)

....I used to tell my Sweet Bride that the pistols with the longer barrels were for targets farther away and the shorter ones for closer targets.....and the bigger holes in the end were for bigger targets and the little holes were for smaller targets.

She actually seemed satisfied with that. For a while.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top