JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
playing with a handgun. Note the totally inept handling - she has plainly never been taught ANYTHING about handling a firearm. Her only 'win' seems to have been managing to load a cartridge the right way around, and she has obviously seen a pistol being cocked, but is totally unaware that she chambered a round and that removing the magazine leaves it in the chamber. Her reaction, though, is more worrying - she laughs it off. I bet that the next time she does it, it won't end in such a happy manner.

Liveleak.com - 13-Year-Old Girl Almost Blows Her Head Off With Handgun

playing with a handgun. Note the totally inept handling - she has plainly never been taught ANYTHING about handling a firearm. Her only 'win' seems to have been managing to load a cartridge the right way around, and she has obviously seen a pistol being cocked, but is totally unaware that she chambered a round and that removing the magazine leaves it in the chamber. Her reaction, though, is more worrying - she laughs it off. I bet that the next time she does it, it won't end in such a happy manner.

Liveleak.com - 13-Year-Old Girl Almost Blows Her Head Off With Handgun
Darwin missed this time, next time she will hit the award no doubt.

I wonder where the bullet ended up at...?

Videos like this just re-enforces the notion that you the gun owner must teach all who may come into contact with your guns , how to safely handle them...

I also gotta wonder just how many videos like these are staged and "made with a agenda or purpose".
Not saying that that is true in this case...just wondering....
Andy

Found this in the comments.... LOL

Her mother

A25E2A66-C8E8-4201-925E-E458A573B1A7.jpeg

So I am all for creative writing but exactly how did she almost blow her head off? When the muzzle was pointed at her feet when the pistol was fired?

The same concern should be when giving your kids a knife, teaching them to start a lawnmower, and chainsaw, or light a stove.
Antis make it seem like its rocket science to operate a firearm, its not. You just have to be disciplined... and well now we know why the unaccountable antis have no clue as to what discipline even is.

Ask a Anti what discipline is.......... they probably think its Spanish for de-plane.

So I am all for creative writing but exactly how did she almost blow her head off? When the muzzle was pointed at her feet when the pistol was fired?

The last time you see the gun on camera it was pointed down. That doesn't mean it stayed down. The muzzle flash went up. Probably because she rotated the gun in her hand. It's not hard to do, or understand.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.04.13 AM.png

Not a lot to say here other than just about everything that could have been done wrong, was done wrong. No safety training, no securing of the firearm, clearly no familiarity with the gun or safe handling. She's lucky to be alive, as is anyone else that could have been hit by that ND. Unfortunately, rather than educating, these events tend to get turned on lawful gun owners as a way to make the argument that guns shouldn't be in the hands of anyone.

I hope she learned her lesson. I hope whoever owns that gun found out about this and secured the damn thing.

My daughter learned from a very early age - if you see a gun, you don't touch it, you get away and you tell an adult. Of course, I don't leave guns laying around where she can get to them. But we continue to reinforce that rule. We also practice safe gun handling with airsoft pistols, so if she were to have to pick up a gun for some reason (maybe to keep a younger child from getting it, as an example), she understands safe handling, including muzzle control and finger off the bang switch.

It's never to early to teach gun safety. It's extremely important to KEEP teaching gun safety, over and over and over again. It's a lesson that never stops, across a lifetime.

Cant stop darwinism. Its inevitable.

This is why firearm education is important. Her parents should have taught her better. Sadly this happens all too often, and mostly because the kids were not taught.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews