JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is interesting, anybody use one of these before?
Seems like a good SHTF bug out bag deal.

http://www.gunadapters.com/brands/Short-Lane.html

image.png

I used to think this was the way to go.

I have read reviews on them and at best accuracy, shot to shot, was fair to poor.

The reason given was that in most implementations, the adapter tends to move in the barrel, from shot to shot, and there is no way to get the same sight-in when you take the adapter out and put it back in again.

The exception was those gauge adapters - 20 ga. in a 12 ga. for example.

I was wondering how shooting some of those rounds would end up with any accuracy coming out a 12ga barrel.
So the barrel is pretty much as long as the adapter itself.
I can see the lack of consistency causing shots to be all over the place.

I have a set of the Chiappa X-Caliber Adapters. I can say I'm very impressed with them, but I will qualify that this set has a few features that I think make it a better choice than some others.

First, all the pistol caliber adapters are rifled, which means they are much more accurate than the smooth bore pistol adapters. Obviously, the shotgun calibers are not rifled.

Second, these adapters have rubber o-rings that hold them tightly in place and keep them from rotating when a bullet is fired and engages the threads. I've checked for signs of rotation on mine and have seen none.

Third, they are 8" long, which gives time to stabilize the bullet and get the velocity up.

For my purposes, they are plenty accurate. I've run them out to 50 yards so far with various rounds and have no trouble hitting where I aim using nothing but the bead sight on the shotgun.

So, I do like them but I would avoid the short ones except for the shotgun adapters. If you can find the X-Caliber kit, I would recommend it. I got mine used on EBay, and plan to keep it.

Here is a thread I did on them last year: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/chiappa-x-caliber-adapters.205016/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top