JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly this is the world we live in now. If it was me working in a place like that? Hell yes I would carry. If I had to shoot? I would expect to be fired. I can find another job. I have carried all my life at work. A lot of the jobs getting caught would mean getting fired. As would of course using the gun. Again only way gun would get used is if my life depended on it. So after that they want to fire me? I am still alive to go get another job.

True that brother!!!;)

At a church I used to attend I had a conversation about concealed carry with the head of their security team who is former LE. He essentially said that they don't want to know if congregants carry since their insurance won't cover them if they are aware and allow it to continue. Without saying it, he was communicating that if I choose to carry that I need to keep it quiet so they don't have to make a policy prohibiting it... This is how I would handle it if I owned Plaid Pantry.

Incidentally, the only team members who were armed were active duty LE since they are covered by their department's insurance even when off-duty.

There was a gun in the facts here. He's screwed.

He shouldn't be screwed in my view though. The clerk did a great job -- didn't freak out, muzzle pointed down but ready (the hatchet on the counter couldn't have been instantly used against the clerk -- the robber would have to pick it up and then wind up for an attack, so muzzle down like that was appropriate and if the robber did go through the preparatory motions of an attack, the clerk could get a shot off almost instantly). The clerk simply made it clear to the robber that this was a situation in which the robber brought a knife to a gunfight (so to speak) and then it ended without injury to anyone or even mere damage to property.

Without knowing what was said and going on what I saw, if it twer me, I'd have dusted his azz before he had a chance to drop the hatchet. I get a real attitude when people threaten to hurt me.

But, if dude comes in and says he's wearing a mask because he has SARS and he found my hatchet laying in the parking lot, I'd be thankful and ask him to excuse the gun pointed at him.

The Plaid panty on 162nd and Sandy has the little window you get your stuff from after it gets dark.
For some reason they won't let you in after dark.
I would suggest not getting out of your car either and just keep going.

What they need is an old guy with a concealed carry permit sipping free coffee next to the counter like that convenience store up in Burien, WA.

when will they understand weapon free zone does not apply to bad guys.

sucks that he lost his job. but maybe it's good for him to leave that place, just in case bad guy decide to come back.

hope he find better job soon.

Last Edited:
All of these convenience stores just put up the "gun free zone" signs already? The word is already out on the street.

I guess companies have this policy because the company is liable for the actions of the employee...
It's too bad there isn't some sort of exemption clause written in the books. Might make companies reconsider their stance.

I'm sure it's the insurance industries fault, liability insurers prefer their victims dead over possibly causing a huge lawsuit--Similar reason to why cars all need airbags now--steering wheel, side curtain, knee, might even be more and they cost serious $$$. Same goes with car theft--newer car keys have transponders in them now, have car thefts dropped?

I'm sure it's the insurance industries fault, liability insurers prefer their victims dead over possibly causing a huge lawsuit--Similar reason to why cars all need airbags now--steering wheel, side curtain, knee, might even be more and they cost serious $$$. Same goes with car theft--newer car keys have transponders in them now, have car thefts dropped?
Well, it doesn't help that the law allows a burglar to sue a home owner if they slip and fall while robbing their house...

Insurance probably has a big part to play as well, and it's likely that insurance would have to cover any instance like I mentioned above.

Insurance and liability laws being what they are, if I owned a convenience store I would also have a "no guns allowed" policy for my employees.
The difference is...the punishment for violating that policy would depend entirely on the circumstances under which it was broken.
Break the law or wave your gun around like an idiot? You are fired.
Responsible use of a legally concealed weapon for legitimate self defense? You get a warning letter (wink wink), along with a pat on the back and a raise....

Dutch Brothers also prohibits employees from being armed, but the barista in Eugene who shot a robber with a legally carried gun didnt get fired fired for breaking the rule.

Thats ridiculous that the guy got fired for protecting corporate property that isnt even his own. I'd throw my hands up and say "take it all man....."

America is being overdosed with estrogen and it's feminizing the men. The millenials have grown up with low testosterone and this is what you get - guys who cry and run away when they go to a gunfight armed with a hatchet.

Dutch Brothers also prohibits employees from being armed, but the barista in Eugene who shot a robber with a legally carried gun didnt get fired fired for breaking the rule.

Nice that the place did not fire her but, they are taking a big risk there. As mentioned the catch is does the owner promote, allow, or have knowledge and such. If the owner says "no guns" then lets an employee stay on after it is known they had one? Well now they have admitted they are allowing it. So if some idiot uses a gun wrong, this gives the bottom feeders a foot hold. It's why I "understand" having to fire this guy. Now the owner of this place may well be rabid anti gun anyway. They could also be pro gun but, also can't afford to in any way show support for people using a gun at work. This is the mess voters have made allowing this to get like this.
If your employer tells you no guns, and you choose to carry, and you have to use the gun? You should expect to be fired. I do and have no problem with that. I understand it is not my employers fault that voters have allowed things to get like this. So I will carry. I am not ever strip searched or gone over with a wand looking for weapons. No one at work is feeling me up. I do not feel the need to show the damn gun to others. So only way it's going to be found out is if I have to defend my life. So at that point when its over I expect to have to find a new job. To me there is no risk to me or my employer. Now for those who do not feel they are competent enough to carry? Well they should NOT. Odds are VERY good they will never need one anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top