Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Your favorite PNW seafood?

Tony617

Reactions
You all are killing me!! Hands down all the above. Take a salmon throw it in the smoker and then do a seafood boil with potatoes and corn on the cob mixed in.

Dump it on the table covered with a vinyl table cloth and you dig in!!

View attachment 606915
Don’t forget the andouille sausage. Reminds me on my first trip to Seattle and we went to The Crab Pot on the Seattle waterfront more than 20 years ago now. Paper, wooden board and mallet and the dumped pot on the table.

11Charlie

Reactions
Don’t forget the andouille sausage. Reminds me on my first trip to Seattle and we went to The Crab Pot on the Seattle waterfront more than 20 years ago now. Paper, wooden board and mallet and the dumped pot on the table.
Exactly!! You can even throw a steak on the BBQ and make it a surf and turf!;)

Reactions
Kinda plain Jane, but I like fish and chips. Nothing fancy, just regular old cod. Got a couple favorite places on the coast where I like to indulge. Bonus points for large portions, and cold draft pale ales.

Mrs. Teflon got us an air fryer not too long ago. We plan to go clamming soon and fire up some seasoned breaded razor clams. Will report back here.

Reactions
I just wait for the first jets to arrive with Copper River Salmon... Then I stock up my deep freeze and enjoy for 3-4 months.. then I start waiting and eventually the jets arrive once again. Oh and I also have found Northwest Fish will order me 5 to 20 lbs of Walleye from Michigan anytime I want some!... I'm from Illinois so Love me some Walleye fish fry.
CaptJackD

Anything already mentioned as long as it's fresh:) Except Mudbugs..whatever the heck that is. Not interested to find out really.

BTW, Heretic, how did you train that crab to hold onto that lemon? Impressive.

Edit, just looked up "Mudbugs", still not interested in them, although I have loved eating "Crawfish" and Crawdads" which my recent lookup on startpage indicates is same-same. Mmmmmm Crawdads.....mmmmmm

Last edited:

Flymph

Reactions
Nothing! With the pollution in Puget Sound, have fun with the shellfish. No thanks.
You should see the difference bioswells made on the water from some of the storm drains where implemented, the difference is awesome.

Ura-Ki

Reactions
Hands down Favorite, Fresh Caught Spring Chinook, lightly smoked with a simple Lemon/Orange peal, salt and pepper and onion with butter and garlic on the BBQ, not much better then that except for Winter Steel Head! Fresh Halibut Fish and Chips, ( From the Horse Brass Pub or the Jolly Rodger, None Better anywhere) and fresh Steamers by the gallon, served in a butter, garlic and white wine broth with garlic cheese bread!
Fresh Caught Columbia Bar Crab boiled and served with drawn butter, or breadded and deep fried into Crab Cakes with a bearnaise sauce. And then the last and best, Fresh Willipa Bay Oysters, Steamed or BBQed, then Smoked and served hot with a garlic and butter and white wine broth!
Pretty much any seafood if done right/prepped right!
:s0090:

edslhead

Reactions
Did a tuna trip this tuesday, the ocean conditions were horrible but we still got four each, turned into a little over 30lbs of meat. I didn't realize how messy tuna fishing is, my car, the kitchen everything still smells fishy, which is one thing but listening to the wife complaining is getting old.

View attachment 611290
I used to get those cheap Wrustler jeans from BiMart for tuna fishin, then just throw them away after.:D

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Went to their event today and got to experience full auto fire from an AR w/ can! Could only...
    • YotaNut12
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    1.00 star(s)
    Went in today for their event which offered 1/2 price range time and full auto demo thro...
    • YotaNut12
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    Bought a G29 from him a few years ago. Also did 2 ffl transfers there as well. Great guy and...
    • spectre1986
  • Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    A few years back, I had him thread the barrel on an AK. The threads were not aligned with the...
    • Howard1955
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    4.00 star(s)
    I found Oregon Rifleworks because I used to take public transit to Tigard and the Wes stops off...
    • corey_pdx

Staff online