JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Salmon. It's Kosher.

I've just had another look just to make sure, but I STILL can't find ANY mention of Dungeness crabs, lobsters, prawns etc in Deuteronomy, so, until I see that sorted out, I'll leave them to the rest of you gentiles :)

Last Edited:
Difficult question as we live within two miles of the Ocean and ironically do not particularly like seafood. Probably be dungeness crab fresh out of the bay. Takes longer to get the boat out of the water than the mile drive back home and getting the cooker hot. If had to choose between all the swimming critters it would have to be Steelhead as I really do not like Salmon of any species.

Does Fish & Chips count as seafood?

1565124482359.png

All seafood is a delicacy.

Yes! But the very best food from salt or fresh water needs to be taken care of properly. Other wise, Mrs Paul's could be better.

If had to choose between all the swimming critters it would have to be Steelhead as I really do not like Salmon of any species.

I forgot one of the very best......A mid/late July summer steelhead from the Columbia or Willamette. The key with summer's is the fat content due to the fact they don't spawn 'till fall rains. Being as those fish don't actively feed for four month or more they have the "FAT". "Lean may be keen, but FAT is where it's at" ,when it comes to salmon and steelhead.

Oh my.
Walleye.
Other stuff I also love:
  • Raw Oysters
  • Lake Superior Whitefish
  • Bluefish
  • Atlantic lobster
  • mudbugs with a good spicy boil
  • Rainbow / cutthroat / brown / golden / Mackinac trout
  • Salmon, cooked by my wife. She has taken every kind I've brought into the house - Coho, Sockeye, Chinook and Keta, and they are all superb.
  • Toro
But, I'd walk away from any of the above to dine, sans utensils, on some femme fatale tuna, Cretin that I am.....

Now let's scrape the bottom of the seafood food-chain.
Sand Shark (no limit!!) (aka-Spiney-Dogfish) the mini-shark effing things that take your bait!) are also a favorite of mine.
Comparable to Sturgeon, Halibut, Cod, Scallops....etc.

Last Edited:
Crawdads.
I remember catching them by hand when i was young and cookin em up. My favorite seafood hands down.
As far as fish, Trout. Never tasted a better fish then the rainbows.
But thats just my pallet and i havent fished in years. A skill i should probably get to learning as an adult the way things are looking.

Steamers with garlic butter and a little Tapatio...

When I go to the Lucky Eagle buffet I have them bring me a bucket of em.

Pan fried oysters are a close second.

You all are killing me!! Hands down all the above. Take a salmon throw it in the smoker and then do a seafood boil with potatoes and corn on the cob mixed in.

Dump it on the table covered with a vinyl table cloth and you dig in!!

seafood-boil-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top