JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You all are killing me!! Hands down all the above. Take a salmon throw it in the smoker and then do a seafood boil with potatoes and corn on the cob mixed in.

Dump it on the table covered with a vinyl table cloth and you dig in!!

View attachment 606915

Don't forget the andouille sausage. Reminds me on my first trip to Seattle and we went to The Crab Pot on the Seattle waterfront more than 20 years ago now. Paper, wooden board and mallet and the dumped pot on the table.

Don't forget the andouille sausage. Reminds me on my first trip to Seattle and we went to The Crab Pot on the Seattle waterfront more than 20 years ago now. Paper, wooden board and mallet and the dumped pot on the table.

Exactly!! You can even throw a steak on the BBQ and make it a surf and turf!;)

Kinda plain Jane, but I like fish and chips. Nothing fancy, just regular old cod. Got a couple favorite places on the coast where I like to indulge. Bonus points for large portions, and cold draft pale ales.

Mrs. Teflon got us an air fryer not too long ago. We plan to go clamming soon and fire up some seasoned breaded razor clams. Will report back here.

I just wait for the first jets to arrive with Copper River Salmon... Then I stock up my deep freeze and enjoy for 3-4 months.. then I start waiting and eventually the jets arrive once again. Oh and I also have found Northwest Fish will order me 5 to 20 lbs of Walleye from Michigan anytime I want some!... I'm from Illinois so Love me some Walleye fish fry.
CaptJackD

Anything already mentioned as long as it's fresh:) Except Mudbugs..whatever the heck that is. Not interested to find out really.

BTW, Heretic, how did you train that crab to hold onto that lemon? Impressive.

Edit, just looked up "Mudbugs", still not interested in them, although I have loved eating "Crawfish" and Crawdads" which my recent lookup on startpage indicates is same-same. Mmmmmm Crawdads.....mmmmmm

Last Edited:
Smoked Salmon bellies.

Hands down my favorite. I like to take a thin strip and wrap a leaf of Romaine lettuce around it. Like a salmon burrito... OH man...

Did a tuna trip this tuesday, the ocean conditions were horrible but we still got four each, turned into a little over 30lbs of meat. I didn't realize how messy tuna fishing is, my car, the kitchen everything still smells fishy, which is one thing but listening to the wife complaining is getting old.

68489903_10157278473325867_2246985245540745216_n.jpg

Hands down Favorite, Fresh Caught Spring Chinook, lightly smoked with a simple Lemon/Orange peal, salt and pepper and onion with butter and garlic on the BBQ, not much better then that except for Winter Steel Head! Fresh Halibut Fish and Chips, ( From the Horse Brass Pub or the Jolly Rodger, None Better anywhere) and fresh Steamers by the gallon, served in a butter, garlic and white wine broth with garlic cheese bread!
Fresh Caught Columbia Bar Crab boiled and served with drawn butter, or breadded and deep fried into Crab Cakes with a bearnaise sauce. And then the last and best, Fresh Willipa Bay Oysters, Steamed or BBQed, then Smoked and served hot with a garlic and butter and white wine broth!
Pretty much any seafood if done right/prepped right!
:s0090:

Did a tuna trip this tuesday, the ocean conditions were horrible but we still got four each, turned into a little over 30lbs of meat. I didn't realize how messy tuna fishing is, my car, the kitchen everything still smells fishy, which is one thing but listening to the wife complaining is getting old.

View attachment 611290
I used to get those cheap Wrustler jeans from BiMart for tuna fishin, then just throw them away after.:D

Yes! But the very best food from salt or fresh water needs to be taken care of properly. Other wise, Mrs Paul's could be better.

I forgot one of the very best......A mid/late July summer steelhead from the Columbia or Willamette. The key with summer's is the fat content due to the fact they don't spawn 'till fall rains. Being as those fish don't actively feed for four month or more they have the "FAT". "Lean may be keen, but FAT is where it's at" ,when it comes to salmon and steelhead.

Spring Chinook and summer steelhead are my favorite river cuisine. Dungeness crab and spot prawns are my favorite ocean bounty.;)

I'm not much of a fresh fish guy. I like salmon, steelhead and trout. I don't go for any of those ocean white fish types, no matter what fancy restaurant name may be given to them. Oh, and be careful in restaurants, they sometimes serve you something other than what is on the bill-of-fare. You may order sushi "tuna" and get snake mackerel, an eel that gives you diarrhea.

All those creepy-crawlers and various bi-valve mollusks I leave to others. Crabs are large spiders that live in the sea. Lobsters, pretty much same thing but I'll eat one on lobster night on cruise ships. Lots of melted butter will redeem just about anything. One exception to this is deep fried shrimp. Battered, which now is called "tempura" because it sounds fancy.

I will tell a little story about deep fried shrimp. When I was fresh out of high school, I had a job delivering cars. This was in 1968 and I made $400 a month. That wasn't too bad, my apartment rent was only $85. Gasoline was 30 cents a gallon, my electric bill was about $7.50 a month, etc. But there was this crummy place in my hometown called The Plush Cow. Crummy they may have been, but their fried shrimp basket was excellent. It was the most expensive thing on their menu at $2.99, but every once in a while I would treat myself to it. It came with fresh cut shoe-string French fries; you got six battered shrimp. They are still the standard that I hold others to to this day.

Decades ago, I've eaten abalone when it was still harvest-able. But it had to be cooked just right or it was bad. When I've eaten it, it was breaded and presentation was pretty much like Wienerschnitzel.

Forgive me seafood lovers, but I can't even stand the sight of those tureens of various unknown chunks of fish or whatever drifting around in a pool of tomato sauce. It reminds me of what might be served at the table of a pack of hungry cannibals.

Now true seafood lovers, you will really hate me for this. Canned fish is another story. I actually like canned salmon; everything including the bones. Canned tuna, preferably in oil, which my wife finds disgusting. Even sardines or kippers once in a while. Oooh, the canned smoked salmon from Germany is great.

Canned salmon was a staple food during WW2. It was abundant and as a canned food, it didn't require freezing or refrigeration and could be shipped all over the world. The US military bought lots of it. Maybe civilians did too and my mother was a WW2 home front veteran. We used to eat it in my childhood home and I got the habit from that experience.

I'm not much of a fresh fish guy. I like salmon, steelhead and trout. I don't go for any of those ocean white fish types, no matter what fancy restaurant name may be given to them. Oh, and be careful in restaurants, they sometimes serve you something other than what is on the bill-of-fare. You may order sushi "tuna" and get snake mackerel, an eel that gives you diarrhea.

All those creepy-crawlers and various bi-valve mollusks I leave to others. Crabs are large spiders that live in the sea. Lobsters, pretty much same thing but I'll eat one on lobster night on cruise ships. Lots of melted butter will redeem just about anything. One exception to this is deep fried shrimp. Battered, which now is called "tempura" because it sounds fancy.

I will tell a little story about deep fried shrimp. When I was fresh out of high school, I had a job delivering cars. This was in 1968 and I made $400 a month. That wasn't too bad, my apartment rent was only $85. Gasoline was 30 cents a gallon, my electric bill was about $7.50 a month, etc. But there was this crummy place in my hometown called The Plush Cow. Crummy they may have been, but their fried shrimp basket was excellent. It was the most expensive thing on their menu at $2.99, but every once in a while I would treat myself to it. It came with fresh cut shoe-string French fries; you got six battered shrimp. They are still the standard that I hold others to to this day.

Decades ago, I've eaten abalone when it was still harvest-able. But it had to be cooked just right or it was bad. When I've eaten it, it was breaded and presentation was pretty much like Wienerschnitzel.

Forgive me seafood lovers, but I can't even stand the sight of those tureens of various unknown chunks of fish or whatever drifting around in a pool of tomato sauce. It reminds me of what might be served at the table of a pack of hungry cannibals.

Now true seafood lovers, you will really hate me for this. Canned fish is another story. I actually like canned salmon; everything including the bones. Canned tuna, preferably in oil, which my wife finds disgusting. Even sardines or kippers once in a while. Oooh, the canned smoked salmon from Germany is great.

Canned salmon was a staple food during WW2. It was abundant and as a canned food, it didn't require freezing or refrigeration and could be shipped all over the world. The US military bought lots of it. Maybe civilians did too and my mother was a WW2 home front veteran. We used to eat it in my childhood home and I got the habit from that experience.
We don't hate you, but we do think you need to be committed!
:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads