JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time I try to move away from the P220 … I end up right back with it.

cflex-p220-4.jpg

The P220 just does what it's supposed to do.

I've had several .45's, an FNP45 being the last one.
Once I got a Sig 220 years ago I never looked back.
29 years old and still shoots like new. Only thing I have changed were the grips. Hogue G10 piranha grips.

00bf0a8a-2a01-4057-aed9-a5b9cb4bcdfc_zpshp9g970t.jpg

had a witness compact in 45, good gun. currently have an fnp 45, and almost 2 1911's.

caspian/foster race ready blue slide parkerized frame
IMAG00981.JPG
caspian/foster race ready recon all stainless (not done yet, but it's getting there)

IMAG00772.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never get into Sigs, as much as I've tried. I like the Gen4 Glock 21 fairly well.

BUT, my Kimber TLE II I bought 10 years ago that I modified with walnut grips and extended mag well is my favorite 45 ACP pistol. It's accurate, easy to control, and has been 100% reliable since I got Kimber to fit a new slide on it with an internal extractor.

Last Edited:
I'm glad to see so many responses to this thread. Man, it looks like I really need to take a closer look at the Sig P220's! Lot's of fans of that gun. I've had a P226, but sold it, it just wasn't quite for me, but part of me misses owning a Sig. I need to stop by a LGS and put one in my hand, maybe I'll get hooked ;)

I've always preferred DA/SA guns. No safety, just point and shoot.
All the Sigs I've had, have always fit my hand and just felt natural. All have been dead nuts accurate as well.
I do like the older folded carbon steel slides better. The SS ones are nice but a bit heavier.

Keiths still has LE trade in P220's for $500. Pretty good chance they will be W German ones.
http://www.keithssporting.com/sig-sauer-p220s-sale-now/

I've always preferred DA/SA guns. No safety, just point and shoot.
All the Sigs I've had, have always fit my hand and just felt natural. All have been dead nuts accurate as well.
I do like the older folded carbon steel slides better. The SS ones are nice but a bit heavier.

Keiths still has LE trade in P220's for $500. Pretty good chance they will be W German ones.
http://www.keithssporting.com/sig-sauer-p220s-sale-now/

Keith's might have one or two P220 carbon slidepistols, but I think most of those that are left (from a big influx he had) are stainless steel slides with internal extractors.

Sig, HK & 1911 are all great but excel in different areas. 1911 iuus by far the prettiest, HK is this biggest and accurate as hell, Sig P220 dak is most likely to be pulled out of the safe... But that is still 2nd to the smaller Glock's and Kahr's.

I'll throw in another vote for the H&K UPS Tactical.

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Sound of Music...queue Julie Andrews... "These are a few of my favorite things" Gary

HKUSP.jpg

Last Edited:
HK45. I love the 1911's engineering and I can shoot it slightly more accurate, but the HK45 is easier for me to hold, clean, and handle so, like Eli in "The Book of Eli", it's the pistol I want with me after an apocalypse. Of course, after that little green O-ring breaks, I might find myself wishing I hadn't left my TRP 1911 at home...

image.jpg The 1911 is just a classic, the first handgun I have ever bought was a Springfield 1911, that's what spurred my passion for the venerable .45ACP. I have since regrettably sold it off but replaced it with what I believe to be in spirit the 21st century variant of JM Brownings design, the great USP45. Truly a phenomenal design and powerhouse pistol. My Winter gun, snow days the USP45 gets carry duty, most other days it's the HK45C or my S&W model 65 3inch barrel .357mag.

Gee, I only have one Full Size 45acp, it's a Springfield Armory TRP. Happy to say I have never had one issue with it and I use stock magazines. Not a big fan of full size anything actually; my favorite 45acp is my Kimber Super Carry Pro HD, it too has run flawlessly and also using nothing but stock magazines. Own a Rock Island Officer 45, still no problems; guess you could say I really like 1911's, no matter what size they are. I also prefer metal guns over polymer, had an S&W M&P 45 compact, it was nice, but nothing spectacular. The only 45acp I haven't shot that I might like more than my two favorites listed here, would be a CZ97B, but I have held them and they're full size, so I decided it wasn't for me. If they made the TRP in a 4" or 4.25" barrel model, I probably would have bought that rather than the full size.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top