JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My .45s are all 1911, mostly a combination of Colts and Detonics (Colts being the favorite). I have tried others over the years but have never found anything that fits or shoots as well for me as the 1911. My EDC for many years was a Novak prepared Colt Combat Commander. I've recently switched to 9mm for EDC but am still using the 1911 format.

There is no doubt that 1911's are the coolest. I own a couple and really enjoy them but.....

My current favorite full sized .45 is my new Glock 41. Simple, reliable, accurate and lots of rounds in the mags. I've been playing around with lower power reloads that make it even more of a dream to shoot.

Favorite...

upload_2015-3-5_12-15-42.png

Full size CQB

:):)

Carry...

upload_2015-3-5_12-17-8.jpeg

Thunder Ranch Special, Hard Chrome Finish with Crimson Trace grips

:)

My two are an original Glock 21 with a KKM barrel that supports the Osprey I have. I've also got a Springfield "Operator" that's not too shabby. Pretty fantastic, actually.

If it's SHTF time, I'm grabbing the Glock.....

HK Tactical, Compact, or a Mark 23) w/ a Silencerco Suppressor. Something about an HK with a suppressor. Like they were designed for one vs a Glock or other.

Or .... the award for best value - $130 (off this forum) - a green Hi Point 45acp that is accurate and has never jammed.

Dan Wesson CBOB. Not only my favorite .45 or 1911 (and I've owned several different 1911s), but my favorite handgun, period.:s0159:

Technically not a full size since it has a 4 inch barrel, but my favorite is my Kimber pro tle II. Been my edc for about 3 years. Kind of heavy, and have to dress around it, but I shoot it so well, it is worth it. :D

Last Edited:
I have several 1911s, but my favorite .45 is my Sig P220. It's old, ugly, has holster wear and scratches from being carried for years, but it just plain works. Every time - no malfunctions since I bought it new.

It doesn't get carried anymore, as I like my Springfield EMP with CT Grips, but I still keep it handy and shoot it when I can. This is a gun that I will never get rid of.

upload_2015-3-6_14-34-25.png

I have several 1911s, but my favorite .45 is my Sig P220. It's old, ugly, has holster wear and scratches from being carried for years, but it just plain works. Every time - no malfunctions since I bought it new.

Every time I try to move away from the P220 (in part because it's ugly), I end up right back with it. Ultra reliable, ultra accurate and simple to field strip.

P220 for me. Hands down. Sold a very expensive Wilson Combat 1911, am selling a less expensive Les Baer now.
P220 = love.

Your results may vary of course:)

Dan Wesson CBOB. Not only my favorite .45 or 1911 (and I've owned several different 1911s), but my favorite handgun, period.:s0159:

Although I don't have my CBOB, gave it to my son in the army, I now have a VBOB!

Don't know if the commander qualifies as a full size, has a 4 1/4" barrel, but it has a full size 1911 frame?

I have a Colt XSE stainless government though and it may soon become my favorite. Dan Wesson blasphemy, I know!:)

It is a toss up between my Sig P220 Elite and Sig P227 TacOps..... Both extremely accurate out of the box and 100% reliable. Hands down those are my two favorite .45's to shoot :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top