JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gerber Quick Draw II! Very good safety and a great size and shape blade! Also has a good textured grip and a secure belt clip ( once you locktite the screws ) I really love this little knife for daily use!

One more vote for the Kershaw Blur. I've had the same one for the past 3 years or so, and have bought half a dozen other "better" knives (Benchmade, ZT etc.) , but the ol' Kershaw goes in my pocket every day, whilst the others collect dust.

I am sort of a closet fan of the Kershaw Scallion, but the safety suks, and when it opens in your pocket, it will cut you BAD, that's why I will not carry it! Otherwise an excellent blade that holds an nasty sharp edge! Good thing to, cause I see no easy way to re sharpen it!

I've had one of these as a daily carry and use for about 12 years now:

IMG_1184.PNG

Never replaced it or have lost it and it holds a good edge.

Carrying a Bechmade Griptillian for nine years. I like their AXIS locking mechanism: I can easily open and close with one hand, and my fingers are never at risk of getting sliced. Lots of blade styles: drop point, tanto or sheepsfoot; plain or serrated; regular and mini sizes. More expensive than the Kershaw Blur.

My EDC is a CRKT M16-01Z. Cheap, bubble pack knife. But, it has a really strong, spear point blade. Sharpening ease is medium. Edge hold is medium. Liner lock with an extra what they call a liner safety. Prevents the liner lock from moving. Knife is good for slicing and moderate point stabbing. Used to carry a Kershaw Ken Onion 1660. Best slicer I've ever seen. Thin blade. Not so strong. Broke 2 of them. Still have one, but carry the M16.

Another vote for the Kershaw Blur.

And don't forget about the annual factory sale next Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Get yourself a Blur for only 30 bucks! I got my daughters pink and purple Blurs last year for stocking stuffers. They come in six or eight colors.

You can't go wrong with any of the Benchmades plus the factory is in Oregon and they have excellent customer service. I have a Bendhnade mini Barrage in the edc rotation.
James

Another Kershaw Blur fan here. I have a lot of other (some expensive) knives but these hit the sweet spot. Not too worried about one falling out of my pocket. They have multiple metals and configurations. S30V doesn't come in Tanto style blade yet although I have emailed them about that oversight. I'm looking for S30V material, Tanto partially serrated blade. As Chaffee notes above on the annual factory sale, I will share a little secret I used last year that will relieve the pressure and get all you guys your yearly knife happiness without standing in the Kershaw factory line.

My secret, give your wife a couple hundred bucks and tell her what you want for Christmas. Mine got in line early and stood in that line in the rain @3-4 hours (depending on which telling she does) and came back with 4 Blurs that were marked $29 (one of which, the purple Tanto), she glommed onto as "payment for standing in line". She had a bunch of other goodies she thought I'd like, but the limited edition purple and green blur with Tanto blades stood out for sure. 36 years together and she still cares:)

CHEK4G-6Dvhs0pl0BdNOCXhzqQwm-YBc6Z51y5kmLZRr5adkFAyODMN8NfxamrTLrg=w300.png

I have a Blue and black Smith and Wesson Extreme Ops. Keeps an edge for a long time if you know how to get an edge. My dad dropped it off a 10 foot cliff onto a ton of rocks blade first. Barely a scratch in it and still razor sharp. Not assisted open but blade opens super easily. I have had many people think it is assisted. IMG_0676.JPG

Just did my x-mas shopping this morning. My wife and I shop for ourselves, makes the whole experience stress-free (as long as we don't go overboard). Life is good.

So what is Santa bringing me? Why a Kershaw Blur of course. You see, I read this thread yesterday and thought about it last night. My pocket knives sit in a box on my desk. Would hate to lose one, I like 'em too much. Like you guys said above, workin' knife, sweet spot. Sold. Went with the S30V Ken Onion model, fleabay from a guy in Eugene.

Now since I'm a little light on the "around a hundred" unofficial spending limit, a few boxes of .45ACP should finish it up nicely. Stocking stuffers. :)

Just did my x-mas shopping this morning. My wife and I shop for ourselves, makes the whole experience stress-free (as long as we don't go overboard). Life is good.

So what is Santa bringing me? Why a Kershaw Blur of course. You see, I read this thread yesterday and thought about it last night. My pocket knives sit in a box on my desk. Would hate to lose one, I like 'em too much. Like you guys said above, workin' knife, sweet spot. Sold. Went with the S30V Ken Onion model, fleabay from a guy in Eugene.

Now since I'm a little light on the "around a hundred" unofficial spending limit, a few boxes of .45ACP should finish it up nicely. Stocking stuffers. :)

Great choice;):cool:

Have 2 of these: Benchmade Mel Pardue. Had the black one so many years I think it predates Wife. Only got the second one in plain satin when I thought I had lost the first one. Not assisted but so damn light I love them. Use for shirt pocket carry at work.
For pocket carry it's A CRKT It is assisted.
upload_2016-12-19_15-57-8.png
upload_2016-12-19_15-54-8.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews