JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm sure that a lot of you have one of these five dollar folders along with your Schrades, Puma's, Buck's and Benchmade's.
According to the article though they've sold over a million of them. At least they're standing behind them.

Yup.....1st lesson to learn.

Knives are dangerous (generally, sharp) and you could get cut.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....as I've had to tell ex-GFs of the past. A knife is not a good:

screwdriver,
pry bar,
can opener.....etc.....

Use the more appropriate/correct tool(s) for those jobs.

I mean, it's a harbor freight knife..... C'mon people! Open up your wallets if you want something decent. Even an expensive knife isn't very expensive compared to the.... Several.... Guns I'm sure we all own.

Well I was under my rig the other day scraping the grime off the tag on the tranny with my harbor freight folder when the lock failed and it scissored shut cutting a chunk off the tip of my middle finger. It was just then I realized I was under a 6000 # rig held up by 4 harbor freight jackstands.:eek:

Not really but a very plausible scenario don'tcha think?

Well I was under my rig the other day scraping the grime off the tag on the tranny with my harbor freight folder when the lock failed and it scissored shut cutting a chunk off the tip of my middle finger. It was just then I realized I was under a 6000 # rig held up by 4 harbor freight jackstands.:eek:

Not really but a very plausible scenario don'tcha think?
I have one of their 3 ton dual piston floor jacks. Every time I use it I back it up with a jack stand. Well I guess that's good safety practice anyway. However I also have an inherent mistrust for hydraulic seals as well as folding knives (to your point). :eek:

Buck has been around a long time and makes really good knives with a fantastic warranty. That is what my dad gave me and my brothers for our birthdays for hunting and I still have a few of his that goes hunting with me every year and none of them cost in the 3 digits

Two words..Benchmade/ Kershaw
And currently I pick Kershaw. They do make some pretty good knifes that are NOT gold-plated, make em out of steel formulas in the "decent" category, and they seem to know how to properly temper them! I used to cherish a Benchmade my son gave me that cost over $175. I was afraid to use it and lose it so I stuck it in a drawer. It's blade was 154CM makeup and rated 54/57 Rockwell hardness. Now I edc a bargain ($14.03) Kershaw "Grinder" knife I found on Amazon that evidently has gone out of style but has a 4CR13MOV formula blade tempered to 58 Rockwell that stays just as sharp as my Benchmade! I no longer worry about losing it because I bought TWO backups of same knife! I kinda like the roach belly curve of the knife and love the quick open tab at top of knife. It's the first time I've experienced this type of one-hand opener and it's great!

Kershaw Grinder Folding Pocket Knife (1319).png

I'm sure that a lot of you have one of these five dollar folders along with your Schrades, Puma's, Buck's and Benchmade's.
According to the article though they've sold over a million of them. At least they're standing behind them.
Yup, I'm not proud. I bought one of these and soon cast it aside. Someone gave me another. Now I can get $10 out of the deal. Kudos that HF does the right thing!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top