JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
china gave alot of AKs to the NVA durring he war
But China did not really develop bullpup AKs until the 80s, and less than 2000 made it into the USA just before the AWB. They share most of their parts with a std Chicom AK.

Norinco 86S:

Norinco-Type-86S-Bullpup-AK-6.jpg

Early 1980s eh? So full-fun is still on the table?
Yup, though IIRC an M16 was $2500 early 80's bux. A far cry from today's prices but IIRC minimum wage was $2.65 at the time and even that $200 tax stamp was a real deterrent for anybody that took a steel lunchbox to work.

Yup, though IIRC an M16 was $2500 early 80's bux. A far cry from today's prices but IIRC minimum wage was $2.65 at the time and even that $200 tax stamp was a real deterrent for anybody that took a steel lunchbox to work.
Whats even more perplexing is that at the same time (more so 90s) AKs were a a few hundred dollars. Now they are flipped

Last Edited:
Working as intended.
The NFA was a result of the 1932 Bonus Army protest march https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Politicians were so frightened that they passed the NFA legislation to prohibit the common man from being a threat while still allowing the upper classes access to full auto. That $200 tax stamp was worth about $3,500 in today's money and also at the height of the Great Depression.

Depression soup line. Imagine the equivalent of $3,500 in today's money simply to exercise an Enumerated Right.
1649283509982.png
BTW, silencers were included in the NFA to curb poaching. It had nothing to do with gangs or bank robbers, just starving people who wanted to feed their kids.

Last Edited:
The NFA was a result of the 1932 Bonus Army protest march https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army

Politicians were so frightened that they passed the NFA legislation to prohibit the common man from being a threat while still allowing the upper classes access to full auto. That $200 tax stamp was worth about $3,500 in today's money and also at the height of the Great Depression.

Depression soup line. Imaging the equivalent of $3,500 in today's money simply to exercise an Enumerated Right.
View attachment 1171863
BTW, silencers were included in the NFA to curb poaching. It had nothing to do with gangs or bank robbers, just starving people who wanted to feed their kids.
I didnt know about the Bonus Army march ty

A fun read indeed. Enjoy. :D

View attachment 1169201
I read a lot of Heinlein and others in the 60's. He came across to me as being pro gun. Funny, I was thinking of trying to find my copy of Time Enough for Love the other day. I reread my falling apart copy of The Door Into Summer not too long ago.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

" There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him"

I was a kid in the 1980s so I would have had a henry .22, wrist rocket, Red Rider gun and cap guns.

My Uncle was in West Germany at the time so there would be a copy of the book Team Yankee 🇺🇸 in there.

I read a lot of Heinlein and others in the 60's. He came across to me as being pro gun. Funny, I was thinking of trying to find my copy of Time Enough for Love the other day. I reread my falling apart copy of The Door Into Summer not too long ago.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

" There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him"
The first time I read his Time Enough for Love was the first time I read a book and found myself laughing out loud a few times. Seedy little bar I used to stop in at after work had a table of books. There for any to borrow. I picked that up one day and once I started could not put the damn thing down. Got me to go get another Library card so I could read the rest of his stuff. Those two "intermissions" in that book full of really great quotes from him were fantastic. Over the years have used many of them as Sig Lines when I started playing on the net. Now and then others would recognize one of them as coming from him. What an imagination and writing talent the guy had!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top