JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The genesis of this wacky one is thumbing through the classic nuclear survival book, Life After Doomsday, by one Dr. Bruce Clayton. While most of the text was about other preparations for a atomic exchange with another world power (*cough* Soviets/Russians), there was a chapter on pew-ish plans. Including this vintage goodness:

1648878122306.png
So put down the Atari controller and ditch the Rubik's Cube and get ready to rock for the end of the world. What is your choice of:

1. Survival rifle.
  2. Side-arm.
  3. Scattergun.
Enjoy you totally rad dudes and dudettes. :s0155:

Bizarrely, here in the future (where everything's weird), it is the same today as I ponder finally putting in a freestanding, above ground fallout shelter:*

• M2 in .30 Carbine. (On that little lever, do the twist and ... Cold War rock'n'roll!)
  • S&W Model 29 in .44 Magnum. (I don't know if I feel lucky with H-bombs going down, but, hey, focus on the positive.)
  • Sawed-off, Lupara in 12-gauge. (A good days work, a little wine ... then check the dosimeter and keep cleaning the fallout off the roof.)
* Could double as a "man cave". I'm thinking of going with a Tiki theme after this book came in. On the same days as more magazines. What a country!

Tiki Pally.jpg

(Always smiling, even in the Apocalypse. :p)

Last Edited:
So put down the Atari controller and ditch the Rubik's Cube and get ready to rock for the end of the world. What is your choice of:

1. Survival rifle.
  2. Side-arm.
  3. Scattergun.
Enjoy you totally rad dudes and dudettes. :s0155:
1- Pump Shotgun (the 870 mentioned or a Mossy model 500-590 kind of pump, preferred in a MarineKote finish).
2- Same as #1.
3- Same as 1 and 2.

Not the same era as the 80's....
But now I got a hankering to re-read Farnham's Freehold by Robert A. Heinlein....Hmmm...
Spring break in going on , might be a good time to do so.....Thanks CountryGent...:D
Andy

Remington 700 long action, wouldn't care about cartridge

A derringer, cause I gotta look cool

Mossberg 500 series 12ga if they were around, Remington 870 if not (boring choice but oh well. It works)

1. AR-180, second choice hk 43
2. Glock 17, second choice cz 75 (2nd only due to heavier carrying weight), this assumes hk mp5 is not considered a sidearm
3. Spas 12, second choice mossberg 590 or equivalent

If one will forgive the digression, a book I read earlier in the year is:

Gimme Shelter.jpg

One Nation Underground: The Fallout Shelter in American Culture, by Kenneth Rose (New York University Press, 2004) covers the history, governmental actions, and cultural impact of fallout shelters and related plans. It also covers why, frankly, the overall project was such a failure. Anyway, I found it a fascinating read and figured I would pass it along. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top