JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no problem with the decision to end that standoff using an explosive device.

Im pretty sure US law enforcement has used bombs in the past. It just may have been a while. I'm thinking along the lines of early FBI, like prohibition times.

3 versions of the story:
1. The robot had the bomb, source of the bomb was the police. Police detonated bomb
near suspect.

2. The suspect had the bomb. The police robot detonated it.

3. The suspect had the bomb, detonated it and committed suicide.

Which one is true? Darned if I know. Heck---Some black bunch on Facebook has
taken responsibility for the shooters, and another place on Facebook they are
identified (with pictures) as a couple of neo-nazi skinheads.

Everybody just take a step back, give your thumbs a rest, say a prayer for the fallen
and their families--and wait for the truth to sort itself out.
I doubt the truth will ever come out, better to fabricate something to achieve a goal. Was a the bomb event with the shooter who supposedly said he wasn't affiliated with any group, just didn't like whites or cops?

Would it have been any different if they had used one of these and shot him, instead of attaching a bomb to it and blowing him up?

8e687147504fd6a77b1903f130dc519c_zpscegqkaua.jpg

I get why you all are up in arms about this,
But am I the only one that thought this was freaking awesome?!
That guy deserved to die. I hope he suffered and I hope they took their time checking on him.

F him.

He likes big words, keep us on our toes! All to true i'm afraid!
Dave Workman posed a question about this shooting in Texas covering up the bigger problems, The simple answer is YES, it is a cover. Time for those thinkin there being picked on by the Politzi to stop and ask; What are THEY ( the Black men) doing that is causing THEM to die. Are they felons? are they involved in gangs? drugs? Wife beatings? Maybe if THEY were better citizens our police wouldn't have encounters with them ( while serving justice AND upholding the law) and the encounter would not end in a black man's death! Shouldn't be to hard to figure this out, Right? I see it is working in Chicago really well! NOT. Then our POTUS and his minions spout off about the oppression, even though they are smart people, just to stir the pot! You would thing They would be looking at the problem and trying to find a solution, NO, They Create More problems where none existed, AND BLAME THE GUN instead! Sorry Dave, BUT yea, that's the problem!

Old news. Police have used "extraordinary" means to subdue suspects for years.
Philadelphia- an explosive device was dropped from a police helicopter on an apartment building with black separatists, burning it and them (and their children) to the ground.
Los Angeles- the Symbianese Liberation Army (Patty Hearst kidnappers) were held up in a house, police fired flares into the house setting it on fire. All died.
Whidbey Island Washington- armored truck robbing member of "The Order" white supremacist organization, stand off with FBI, flares in the house again, burned alive.
Waco Texas....

A lot of times, the Police find them selves over matched and have had to resort to using what ever they could come up to bring things to an end! the early 1900's saw things take a dramatic turn in this direction and we began to see this around the time the Prohibition started!

A lot of times, the Police find them selves over matched and have had to resort to using what ever they could come up to bring things to an end! the early 1900's saw things take a dramatic turn in this direction and we began to see this around the time the Prohibition started!
And lets not forget the LA bank robbery where the assailants used full auto ak's

He likes big words, keep us on our toes! All to true i'm afraid!
Dave Workman posed a question about this shooting in Texas covering up the bigger problems, The simple answer is YES, it is a cover. Time for those thinkin there being picked on by the Politzi to stop and ask; What are THEY ( the Black men) doing that is causing THEM to die. Are they felons? are they involved in gangs? drugs? Wife beatings? Maybe if THEY were better citizens our police wouldn't have encounters with them ( while serving justice AND upholding the law) and the encounter would not end in a black man's death! Shouldn't be to hard to figure this out, Right? I see it is working in Chicago really well! NOT. Then our POTUS and his minions spout off about the oppression, even though they are smart people, just to stir the pot! You would thing They would be looking at the problem and trying to find a solution, NO, They Create More problems where none existed, AND BLAME THE GUN instead! Sorry Dave, BUT yea, that's the problem!

Exactly...I have had several "close encounters" with our boys in blue over the years. I was even drug out of my car at gun point because I matched a description... At no time did I ever fear for my life because...WAIT FOR IT.... I DIDN'T ACT LIKE A MAD DOG IDIOT AND DO STUPID CRAP...I cooperated and did what I was told until the situation resolved. I don't go out and do drugs, gang bang, attack innocent people, rob stores, smoke crack, beat my wife, Im not Bobby Brown, If you ask for it enough times you will eventually find the right person and the right situation to get it.

The POS only received a portion of what was deserved, and I'm glad legal and incarceration costs have been avoided. Really glad.
Get used to drones. They are and will always be there. As cities, counties and states look to save on law enforcement, more drones will be used.
DPD could have easily said, "suspect had explosives which self detonated, killing him." MSM would have eaten it up, and the public would be none the wiser. Hollywood's already working on a movie of it, with Damon and Wahlberg starring.
On paranoia and what LE will use in the future:
Anyone remember the event in the early 90's, where the fugitive who made a habit of living in rich folks summer homes in the winter was cornered and apprehended? IIRC, he did not do anything more than help himself to their victuals and comfort, then move on to another house. Evidently he stayed in the wrong house. I believe it was the Snoqualmie pass area. They apprehended him using satellite IR imagery and other advanced technology.
Point is, if you're concerned about when people come for you, have a dual plan: study cities and their infrastructure, as well as know your remote bugout area better than no one else.

In all seriousness, does anyone else have any issues with police using bombs to subdue suspects? I completely agree this guy was guilty of murder, and he was still a threat at the time police used a robot with a bomb to neutralize the threat, but when did our government receive or give authority to bomb criminals? Who is paying for the property damage? Was law enforcement sure there was no other innocent lives in the area of a bomb blast? I can see things turning very dangerous quickly in our nation when police and criminals start making this country look like a war zone.

Are we entering the age of drone strikes on US soil? Is government now going to be neutralizing threats with bombs?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Please...just stop. I've been hearing Liberals talk about how it was wrong to bomb this guy all day and I think it's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time. At the point they make the decision that they have to take out the bad guy, I don't give one rip how they do it. Snipe him from across the street, send in a dog to rip his throat out, fly in a small drone to drop a grenade on him, or roll in the robot with a small bomb. Use whatever means you think is best for the given situation.

As for, "when did our government receive or give authority to bomb criminals," are you for real? This is a local issue. The locals don't need to ask for permission. And we've all seen the government do some pretty stupid things over the years...Ruby Ridge? Waco, TX? So I'm not sure why you want them making the call on this kind of thing in the first place. Moreover, what does it matter how they kill the guy? Because shooting him is somehow more honorable or something than blowing him up?

Your comments about property damage and possibly injuring people in the area are just silly. There is no perfect solution. It doesn't matter if you snipe him, blow him up, drone him, etc., they all have risks to life and property. There is no perfect solution. They choose the best option for the given situation and then do as much due diligence as possible to mitigate property damage and additional casualties. But mistakes will get made from time to time in this type of thing. To think or expect otherwise is foolish. But keep in mind that for every moment the situation continues, people are at risk...whether it's the officers or some person 3 blocks down the street that gets hit with a stray bullet because the guy is continuing to shoot.

As for this specific situation...from what I understand the guy was hunkered down in a parking garage. He probably found a nice piece of concrete to hide behind and was firing rounds at officers at will. If they could have got a shot on him with a sniper, I'm sure they would have. Using a small bomb and a robot was freaking genius. They should be commended for this. Use a small charge...just enough to take out the suspect...and send it in with the robot. No risk to any of the officers and not too much damage in a concrete structure. Will there be damage? Sure. But the alternative is to let this guy keep shooting and risk injuring or killing more civilians and/or officers. It's a no brainer.

I share your concerns Groth...no question this person needed to be at least taken into custody...but the use of an explosive device is simply going straight to summary execution...no due process. Law Enforcement acting as military.

This is so ridiculous. The guy was shooting at the police. If the police had killed him with return fire or "sniped" him from across the way, you wouldn't have batted an eye. There's no difference here. NONE!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top