JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This seems innovative to me. The use of such an instantaneous end to the situation is so Texas. California would have required more cops to die so the perp can get taken down alive for proper questioning and due process.

We shouldn't be worried about methods the state might use to take down legal gun owners. By the time we got to that sorry state of affairs we would have already lost. Fight for liberty hard BEFORE it ever got to the authorities at our door...with a gun OR a robot.

In all seriousness, does anyone else have any issues with police using bombs to subdue suspects? I completely agree this guy was guilty of murder, and he was still a threat at the time police used a robot with a bomb to neutralize the threat, but when did our government receive or give authority to bomb criminals? Who is paying for the property damage? Was law enforcement sure there was no other innocent lives in the area of a bomb blast? I can see things turning very dangerous quickly in our nation when police and criminals start making this country look like a war zone.

Are we entering the age of drone strikes on US soil? Is government now going to be neutralizing threats with bombs?o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Well, yes. We have militarized police (for some reason?). They train like military units. May as well use military tools. Right?

Yes, who do you think the govt will send to collect firearms when they ban them...its going to be cops. So the cops will say we need drones in case one of those wacko right wingers are hold up in their house with an arsenal. It's not safe for them to enter the house and they just can't leave so they will blow the whole house up, to ensure their safety and the safety of others around of course. At some point, the police are going to have to decide if they want to follow the politicians unjust laws and protect them or fight alongside with the American people.
No plans to be home when that happens...Movement is life!!!

We should already be talking about it IMHO.. I don't want a drone flying over my yard filming me or my kids playing.

Funny, we had a person show up at our door a couple weeks ago. They "lost" a drone that was apparently over our property at the time it disappeared. No idea what happened to it. I looked all over the yard and up in the trees (we have some big trees in our yard), but never did spot anything.

As for someone filming me while I'm sunbathing, well, that's their own punishment in and of itself :eek:

Dude, he killed 5 police officers. Do you think that anyone will shed tears for someone who did that??

Devils advocate for a second.......If martial law is passed and they come to your home to take your guns away ....are you going to hand them over? or are you going to fight to keep them? I don't want you to answer{ each man must decide this for himself} the point of the question is if you chose to fight to keep them wouldn't you end up as guilty as he is in the eyes of the law?

Dude, he killed 5 police officers. Do you think that anyone will shed tears for someone who did that??

How is this any different from a SWAT sniper taking someone out? In both cases, the person is being executed. Whether a bomb or a gun is used makes no difference at all. The result is the same.

Funny thing is. I'm sorry this young guy died.
But then I was trained to patch up the guys we shot after our own were taken care of. :s0092:
To me all life is precious. And it's sad to see one wasted.

Even though this A$$ hat dearly needed killin!

As to the use of explosives to kill him? I think the police should deal with each situation differently. And this was not some nut held up in his house.

This was a man that shot 11 Cops! And clamed to have explosives himself.
I have never in my life even heard of such a brazen attack.
So ya. Explosives were a viable option in this case.

Funny thing is. I'm sorry this young guy died.
But then I was trained to patch up the guys we shot after our own were taken care of. :s0092:
To me all life is precious. And it's sad to see one wasted.

Even though this A$$ hat dearly needed killin!

As to the use of explosives to kill him? I think the police should deal with each situation differently. And this was not some nut held up in his house.

This was a man that shot 11 Cops! And clamed to have explosives himself.
I have never in my life even heard of such a brazen attack.
So ya. Explosives were a viable option in this case.

What you are experiencing is known as pathological altruism

? Is government now going to be neutralizing threats with bombs/

Looks like they did.

I think it's kind of funny, which tells you about my mood today. You shoot a bunch of my friends and colleagues then refuse to give up so then we blow you up. Good! Aloha, shalom, AMF! Happy trails, you murdering bubblegum-hole.

Saved a bunch of tax dollars trying the puke and housing the waste of protoplasm in prison for decades.

Hilarious! :s0112:

Also, this guy had no criminal record and was former military. So much for the idea that clean record ex-mil personnel should not be checked in NICS, as was expressed in a recent thread here.

Now even more heat on so-called assault weapons, I'm sorry I couldn't have got a piece of the shooter myself.

I mean this all in a nice way, of course.

Bombing a killer? Works for me.

Obama injects gun control after Dallas; Gun Groups Respond

President Barack Obama wasted no time blaming guns for the attack on police officers in Dallas Thursday night that has left five law enforcement officers, including one rapid transit officer, dead and several others wounded.

Obama Injects Gun Control After Dallas; Gun Groups Respond (http://libertyparkpress.com/obama-injects-gun-control-after-dallas-gun-groups-respond/)

Do calls for gun control deflect attention from deeper problems?

It didn't take gun control long to raise its head in the wake of the deadly sniper attack in Dallas Thursday night, with both President Barack Obama and the Black Congressional Caucus both pushing a political agenda.

Do calls for gun control deflect attention from deeper problems? (http://conservativefiringline.com/calls-gun-control-deflect-attention-deeper-problems/)

My own experience mirrors that of Medic! That all life is precious! How ever, My duty was always U.S. personal FIRST, and I may have to kill in order to save, An odd position to be in! The use of force, deadly force has to meet certain criteria (ROE's) before the line can be crossed, I believe the Dallas Police found those criteria were more then met, and that justifies any action to bring it to an end! A bomb is a different kind of weapon, not one known for accuracy but was judged to be appropriate for this action!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews