JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, yes. We have militarized police (for some reason?). They train like military units. May as well use military tools. Right?

"Militarizing" the police is a made up expression designed to drive an agenda. It's just technology. Nothing more. Being concerned about the equipment the police use is in many ways the same as the way liberals demonize the evil gun. Don't worry about the tool. Worry about how they use it.

Are MRAP's tanks? Nope. Do they have 50 cals mounted on them? Nope...not any of the one's I've seen anyway. Are police agencies using their MRAP's to run down citizens and/or cause mayhem? Nope.

So what is the problem? But Cabo...The police have those evil black rifles that can fire 900 rounds a second and they're wearing cargo pants! :rolleyes:

We don't have a choice here folks. When you have people that will fly a jet liner into a building, or two dudes with body armor and fully automatic AK's robbing banks in North Hollywood, or terrorists killing coworkers in San Bernardino or 49 people in a nightclub in Orlando, you do not have a choice.

ruby-oswald.jpg

As a matter of interest, my cousin David, at that time a lieutenant in the Artillery Branch of the IDF, got called up by the ground-team who were getting a hard time from a couple of sniperists holed up in an apartment block on the outskirts of Beirut.

Getting a clear set of directions from a groundy, he personally lined up the sights of his own M109 and, from a distance of less than 300m, put a 155mm IF/PDHE shell through the window, taking out the entire top six floors on the block.

The groundies all cheered, and the team moved on.

In DS1 and 2, we ALL used tanks to 'neutralise' snipers - overkill? Sure, but the accent is on the word 'neutralised'. After the bang/boom/kerump they was not further action from the bangee/boomee/kerumpee.

This MOFO - and his threat - were 'neutralised.

Wish we could have done more of it in Northern Ireland, where the use of EOD expertise was a daily event, sometimes twice or even three times.

tac

It is interesting that amid all of the uproar regarding LEOs shooting people, I haven't seen any uproar on social media or the mainstream news media regarding the use of a bomb to take out the suspect.

Maybe after things cool down somebody will pounce on it, or maybe not.

That didn't take long.

Now seeing people questioning this in social media

"Militarizing" the police is a made up expression designed to drive an agenda. It's just technology. Nothing more. Being concerned about the equipment the police use is in many ways the same as the way liberals demonize the evil gun. Don't worry about the tool. Worry about how they use it.

Are MRAP's tanks? Nope. Do they have 50 cals mounted on them? Nope...not any of the one's I've seen anyway. Are police agencies using their MRAP's to run down citizens and/or cause mayhem? Nope.

So what is the problem? But Cabo...The police have those evil black rifles that can fire 900 rounds a second and they're wearing cargo pants! :rolleyes:

We don't have a choice here folks. When you have people that will fly a jet liner into a building, or two dudes with body armor and fully automatic AK's robbing banks in North Hollywood, or terrorists killing coworkers in San Bernardino or 49 people in a nightclub in Orlando, you do not have a choice.

Exactly. The threat is ever evolving and we are being critized for what we wear. You have to be able to beat what the bad guys have in order to end a threat. Either let the police do it, knowing we have to take courses in constitutional law and have to know individual rights and what it takes to legally restrict liberty..........or you can get cozy with the idea of the military training to operate against its own people without any of said legal training. We'd just become another 2-bit dictatorship.

More disturbing is they are go full bore to find every shell casing and determine where he bought it also where he obtained all his firearms, equipment, etc. important yes, but also easily used to track everything in an effort to ban weapons, bullets, scary stuff like camo, etc. Another prime example of a person legal to own firearms as far as we know to date but who snaps and goes on a rampage. His disgusting effectiveness has put a chill through every LEO and every politician thinking all vets are "disturbed" as that one moron tweeted....because now they realize a POed dude with basic familiarity and a plan can play unholy hell....this killer just advanced t
he Anti 2A crowds' agenda by a decade. See something, say something failed again but they are lining up the informers for the STASI now. No one is talking about email either. Threat or perceived threat to the state? Gloves are off and HE solutions are cleared to fire for effect!:eek:

Brutus Out

I do not see Law Enforcement being "militarized" one bit. Weapons haven't changed all that much in the last 116 years! Sure they have Semi auto pistols, sure, they have AR's now, but that is about as close to Military arms as we get! Tactics, Please! MRAP's sure, A surplus tool for SWAT to use for it's own protection! They have had Armor for many years, and the MRAP is cheep for dept's that don't have a big budget! As to the tool used to end a situation? what ever it takes, end of story! The difference in the Police and the Military? The Mil would have sent in two bigger bombs Just to make sure the perp was all the way dead!!!

IMO, the issue of police "militarization" goes to the heart of what the original intent of the 2A was, which is having the citizenry able to possess arms of the same type as the forces governing them. I don't have a problem with the police acquiring tools and technologies to meet the threats they face daily. I have a problem with them rolling M19s and HE, while the government is telling me I shouldn't have semi autos or ridiculously powerful death rounds that cause wounds from the battlefield like the 5.56:rolleyes:

This is what happens when you create and perpetuate an " us vs them" mentality. Until this is somehow addressed, things are going to get a whole lot worse. One group's terrorist is another group's patriot. Let's check the score so far; the police killed another black man with extreme prejudice who was angry about white cops killing black men. Will this escalate the situation, or will the vocal minority now embrace cops everywhere? Somehow, it also makes me concerned to know people think drone strikes against US citizens on US soil is ok, as long as it makes us safer. I guess that is until they come for you with their drones. Too bad the police don't have M109's...yet.

It was either that (remote detonated bomb) or, he would have accidentally hung himself in solitary when the video cameras on his cell block just happened to stop recording.

Last Edited:
We saw no other option but to use our bomb robot and place a device on its extension for it to detonate where the suspect was," Chief David Brown said in a press conference Friday morning. "Other options would have exposed our officers to grave danger.

you mean expose officers that volunteered for their job....It is their job to be in harm's way.
5 of those volunteers had already died. Send in the robot.

People are not putting this into the proper perspective! This dude killed innocent people! He executed them for no reason what so ever, these people had probably never met him or had any interaction with him EVER, and yet he took Gods power of judgment and acted out his rage and anger! The Dallas PD did give him plenty of opportunity's to end the stand off, and he flat refused them, even going so far as escalating the situation by threatening them with explosives! He crossed a line when he began this action, and he him self removed all his rights in doing so! Dallas PD were more then justified in acting as they did, and in using an explosive they mitigated the risks to them selves, and the public, while ending his actions in as safe a manor as possible! The discussion of over reaching power here does not apply! Good on the Dallas PD! And this dude is now burning in that hot place for all eternity!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top