JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The GGs would be all for a rax credit, I'm sure, and being the fiscally sound that fellows they are, would fund the credit with a tax on guns and ammunition.
Right. And once there was a tax on guns and ammo that tax could be raised to make both unaffordable by a simple committee rule change. The power to tax is the power to destroy. Right now Oregon has no power to tax guns and ammo beyond any other item. Let's keep it that way.

How about an immediate discount at the point of purchase instead of self reporting and the government making you fill out forms that they can audit and dispute. But as a general rule, why would you get a tax rebate for something you do anyway. What's next, a tax rebate for wiping your own butt?

A tax credit would just be one more way for them to track you. You would just be voluntarily putting yourself on a list for a few hundred bucks. The politicians in this state don't exactly instill that level of trust in me.

I already own three safes.... and as mentioned, the anti's would NEVER pass a "clean bill".

Politicians call the process, "making sausage", and you won't like where they put that "sausage" when they're done. o_O
The Proggies would just call that a "happy place".

No. A law to give a tax break for gun safes legitimates the idea that law abiding citizens and what they do with their guns is the problem. We accept and encourage that assumption at our peril.

I'm not in favor of government being the solution to anything - mostly because they'll screw it up, they'll make it cost 5 times what it should and they'll use the information for nefarious purposes. Still, I appreciate the sentiment behind the idea.

Rather, I'd be more interested in perhaps putting together a fund, contributed to voluntarily by good folks around the state, that could be used to help those that need some financial help to get their gun/guns secured. And, I think it needs to be a very public idea, so folks see we really do care about responsible gun ownership.

As for taxes/tax breaks, here is my new proposal for the state of Oregon - whatever party is in the majority in Salem, any member of that party is taxed at DOUBLE the rate of the rest of the citizens. It will be the price they pay to be in the majority - every person that's part of that party or cast a vote for that party. Maybe then they'd think twice about casting votes for people that spend all our damn money on SJW/Virture Signalling bullsh1t programs.

No.
Corruption runs rampant when "loopholes" and exceptions exist.
Essentially a govmt. subsidy with others money.
Taxes should be proportional and equal for all, or done away with.
Too many not paying their "fair" share of the overreaching and mostly unnecessary taxes which burden us now.
Folks need to be responsible for their themselves or do without.

And if that isn't enough, you are working under the illusion that the hate and opposition towards firearms has anything to do with "safety".
The oposers don't want you to have anything you need a safe for, making "credits" moot! In the event it could be enacted, it likely would come with riders calling for safe registration, or some other devious and diabolical means to penalize and irritate.
There are not now, or ever will there be (in my opine) any so called "compromise" that will not end up a loss for the law abiding 2nd amend advocate, or sportsman.
One grain of sand at a time the giant anthill of despair for the average man is built. So goes the constant nibbling away of rights and freedoms.

And all that because of a gun safe:confused::)

I like the idea but would be shocked if liberals went for it. They do NOT want any solutions. They want to scream about the problem.
There's a lot of truth in that statement. We have many issues that were non-problems during the O'Bama administration, but are suddenly heartless and cruel under Trump. Pelosi herself visited a migrant childrens camp under the previous administration and said it was the greatest show of love by America that she had ever seen. Now it's heartless, cruel, and we're running concentration camps.

Tax credits are a good first step towards incentivizing action to stop stealing from people in the basic principles of don't hurt people and don't take their stuff. So some times I do support tax credits as a first step.

For that though, no. Because you then are publicly a gun owner registered with the IRS as such. And even though I know gun stores have us on the 4473 and I know all concealed carry weapon holders are already registered in a way...and even though I know all of us that have ever purchased ammo online have our information shared with an easily purchasable flag in marketing data that could extrapolate us all as gun owners for anybody with a few dollars in a marketing list...

Just no, we don't need to compromise our anonymity even more then we already have.

Especially to get money back that is rightfully ours to begin with. It's not so much the reality but he principal of it.

not just no, but HELL NO.

for "compromises", if we "agree" to give something up, they MUST agree to give something near and dear to them up, as well, but that is NOT happening anytime soon, so NO COMPROMISES here.

Y'all heard about State of Oregon taking the Trump Tax break AFTER taxing small businesses........ and claiming "tax windfall for small business"?

Anyhow.

no more taxation on ordinary citizens.

abolish the bloated Federal agencies, or at least, cut 90% of the fat from these agencies budgets.

withhold Fed subsidies to State Budgets for those States that are in the red, let the States make up the differences themselves one way or other, (declare bankruptcy, sell State property wholesale, cut State budgets, lay off State staff, etc etc)

Let Counties manage their own budgets without State interference.

Abolish Federal Income Taxes.

establish Consumption tax on nonessentials
Abolish Capital Gains taxes (We already paid State Taxes on the money we saved, why tax on what we invest and get in return???)

Amend the Constitution so that the only eligible voters are the taxpayers who pay taxes outside the consumption taxes, such as business people, employers, those who pay State Income Taxes, those who pay Property Taxes, and those who paid community taxes for services/roads.

Of course, our incomes already have a few other taxes other than Federal and State Income taxes, so those would also count towards eligible voters.

The People who are DIRECTLY invested in the government by way of paying taxes, should dictate how the government is run. It is the same as how investors control corporations, the shareholders have the board of directors to run the corporation, therefore it is run differently than a corporation whose directors are told by the customers and only the customers.

this will never happen in my lifetime unfortunately, not without massive policy-maker changes and other things.

So, being realistic? I'd always vote against getting "tax breaks" on guns, ammo, safes, cars, property because it just means higher value added taxes on their purchase prices, I mean really, Y'all know how the car prices shoot up a lot if it happens to be a "gas guzzler" or "luxury" or "sports", and the claim is for EPA reasons, but its made up by the "tax credits" on certain vehicles??

Here is how I would see a "tax credit" scheme work thansk to govt screwing up... safe priced $4,000 MSRP, "Security tax" of 20%, safe price is now $4,800, "tax credit rebate" of $400, you still pay $4,400 plus delivery/install fees if applicable, and you are NOT saving money, Govt can report "tax is helping fund gun violence victims, tax credits is helping get more customers to buy them!" :rolleyes: much simplified of course, but....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top