JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pharmaceutical sales rep. Going on 25 years.

It's a good gig.
Nice, I got my English degree, did a short 4 year career climbing the ladder in banking and then did an Masters in Teaching and became a teacher. Going on year 4. It was definitely a "soul searching" situation deciding how I wanted to spend my life. Very content with what I do now.

Two words, wood chipper. Oh you betcha yeah!
Hogs.

Does anyone remember the title of a very famous novel set in the South, where the murder victim was cooked into a batch of barbeque? Great novel I would like to reread. Written decades ago.

You are screwed if you switch the evidence. With modern day forensic technology more then likely you will get caught.
Years ago that would fly by, but not any more especially if you have a Democratic district attorney hell bent on convictions.

I'm to old to drag bodies around
just bought a Kubota tractor with a front loader
I can dig a hole and move the manure pile in under 15 min
to bury predator carcasses, you understand
no long have to ask my neighbor to come over with his backhoe
What model Kubota, and does it have that exhaust regen system?

I'm not cut out to be a mastermind bad guy either. Especially a spy. Whenever I've tried to read a spy novel I end up not knowing who the spy was even after I finish the novel. Pathetic. If I had, in my young broad days, ever been recruited to be a spy for our side, I woulda had to say no on the grounds that I would probably end up working for the other side by accident. And I suppose my lousy memory and inability to remember names and faces wouldn't help much either.
Line from the movie (a great one, BTW) "Body Heat":

[Ned [William Hurt] is getting the arson set-up from Teddy]

Teddy Lewis [Mickey Rourke]: Hey now, I want to ask you something. Are you listening to me, azzhole? Because, I like you. I got a serious question for you: What the f**k are you doing? This is not sh1t for you to be messin' with. Are you ready to hear something? I want you to see if this sounds familiar: any time you try a decent crime, you got fifty ways you're gonna f**k up. If you think of twenty-five of them, then you're a genius - and you ain't no genius. You remember who told me that?
[Ned nods, "yes"]

Hogs.

Does anyone remember the title of a very famous novel set in the South, where the murder victim was cooked into a batch of barbeque? Great novel I would like to reread. Written decades ago.
Hogs.

The Jack Reacher novel Make Me is a good one….

I think I'm up to date on all the replies, all of them entertaining and/or educational. What seems to be missing so far is some discussion of unarmed vs disarmed, and what happened to the threat to victim (of severe injury or death) once Dobad dropped his gun.

OK, the overwhelming disparity of force is obvious, so it's unreasonable to assert that all threat totally vanished when the gun hit the ground (it's not like there's a referee to whistle the play over). I also doubt that any reasonable person would expect the victim to conclude - in the fog of battle - that the other two assailants didn't also have a gun or two.

OTOH, we have to keep in mind it's a political being who decides whether to file - or not to file. Anyone see something I'm missing here?

I think I'm up to date on all the replies, all of them entertaining and/or educational. What seems to be missing so far is some discussion of unarmed vs disarmed, and what happened to the threat to victim (of severe injury or death) once Dobad dropped his gun.

OK, the overwhelming disparity of force is obvious, so it's unreasonable to assert that all threat totally vanished when the gun hit the ground (it's not like there's a referee to whistle the play over). I also doubt that any reasonable person would expect the victim to conclude - in the fog of battle - that the other two assailants didn't also have a gun or two.

OTOH, we have to keep in mind it's a political being who decides whether to file - or not to file. Anyone see something I'm missing here?
News report says good guy was attacked by three bad guys with guns. When good guy fought with one and got the gun, he was justified in shooting all of them, I'd say.They were still aiming two guns at him, and outnumbered him three to one. The natural thing to do would be to shoot the armed bad guys first unless now unarmed bad guy was so close he might be able to grab gun now in the hands of good guy, or continue physical fight. Article doesn't say but I'm guessing good guy shot unarmed bad guy because he seemed to still represent the greatest threat. And so I'm guessing that bad guy was within reach of good guy or nearly so. Its likely that bad guy was also the leader of the group, and was standing ahead of others initially, nearer to good guy so was the one good guy attacked. The fact that the other two bad guys ran when first bad guy was shot also suggests that first bad guy was leader.

I've guessed the position of the disarmed bad guy as being close enough to still constitute a threat and still in attack mode. News article doesn't say. If it turned out disarmed bad guy was shot in the back, that might mean disarmed bad guy was offering no threat and was trying to run away when shot.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top