JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I figure @Alexx1401 is just joking. But in case anyone is thinking of taking this seriously--figuring out who brought the gun that fired the killing shot to the fight would be high on the priorities for the forensics guys. Nobody would take your word for it that it was bad guys gun you took away from him rather than your own gun. If it really was the bad guys gun you took away and used on him, forensics would expect to find bad guys fingerprints on the gun under yours. Also lint from bad guys pocket or other trace from his holster or shirt or house or car on gun. And they would expect to not find lint or other trace from your pocket, shirt, house etc. on the gun.

One reason for knowing how to shoot guns of all action types is in case you actually are attacked when unarmed or have been disarmed and have an opportunity to get control of one of the bad guy's guns.

Last Edited:
I figure @Alexx1401 is just joking. But in case anyone is thinking of taking this seriously--figuring out who brought the gun that fired the killing shot to the fight would be high on the priorities for the forensics guys. Nobody would take your word for it that it was bad guys gun you took away from him rather than your own gun. If it really was the bad guys gun you took away and used on him, forensics would expect to find bad guys fingerprints on the gun under yours. Also lint from bad guys pocket or other trace from his holster or shirt or house or car on gun. And they would expect to not find lint or other trace from your pocket, shirt, house etc. on the gun.

One reason for knowing how to shoot guns of all action types is in case you actually are attacked when unarmed or have been disarmed and have an opportunity to get control of one of the bad guy's guns.
Thanks for letting us know how to do it.

P

Sooo, keep throw down gun in ziploc bag, after shooting bad guy rub his dna all over it.
While giving him aid for multiple gun shots. Got it Thanks

Sooo, keep throw down gun in ziploc bag, after shooting bad guy rub his dna all over it.
That should work! For anyone who missed the heavy amount of sarcasm in my post, if you really decide to use a "throw down" a few rules. Do not have your prints on the inside of the gun, or ammo. For DNA? Simple at least one shot with said gun pushed against a soft part of scum. There will now be LOT's of DNA of his all over gun and you. Prints on outside? Gun will already be a mess and smeared badly. Smear it a little more if worried. The real way to get in trouble in this kind of shoot is the same as ANY shoot. Do not shoot your mouth off after the good guys get there. The times a "good shoot" goes bad is when the good guy just can not shut the hell up. Let your lawyer talk and you stand a FAR better chance of putting it all behind you soon.:cool:

Sigh. (Unruly NWRAers mutter mutter.) No. That still wouldn't work. You need both bad guy's and your prints on the gun, with his under yours. And you need no trace from your world on the gun to start with. And trace from bad guys world. So yes you would need to keep the totally clean gun in a Ziploc bag. Then shoot bad guy. Then clean the gun to remove your prints. Then sprinkle debris from bad guys belt/shirt/pocket on gun and add bad guys hand prints using his dead hands. Now put your own prints over bad guys.

Seems I recall that SD arguments often can go south because good guy tries to lie or rearrange crime scene to make his SD case stronger. And don't blame me if cops arrive while you are manufacturing your crime scene. Or if, while you are fumbling with gun trying to get it out of ziploc, the bad guy clobbers your sorry @ss. (
mutter, mutter.)

Last Edited:

Just hypothetically, after the fact, the thing to do would be to put on some silicone gloves, spray down the gun with carb cleaner, put it in the guy's pocket and rub it around, then put it in his hand to transfer prints, take off the gloves and add your own prints. Just hypothetically, of course.

I have several times over the years had people say that if they needed to shoot a bad guy outside their house, they would drag the body inside so their SD case would be stronger. As if this isn't one of the things crime scene investigators would be looking for. And as if drag marks wouldn't be pretty obvious, even if you tried to cover them up. And the blood in the body will start to pool at the lowest points, and shows as a different shade on the skin. You probably wouldn't get the body in the exact same position, making it obvious to the medical examiner that body had been moved. And you would need to manufacture a story to go with the imaginary crime scene in your home. And if you shot someone in your home there would be blood spray evidence in your home. Not out beyond the drag marks in your yard. People thinking of rearranging a crime scene really should read/watch a whole lot more murder mysteries. Not to mention that these days your neighbor's front door camera would probably get a video of you shooting the guy in your yard and moving the body.

Hmm.

How about "purge " tourism? This might attract the right kind of visitors.
I can see it now, "wonderful 8 day, 7 night purge tour of Los Angeles. Accommodations include sidearm, long gun and shotgun, top tier self defense and ball ammo, guide led expediaitons to the most crime infested precincts. You'll dine at 4 star restaurants and stay at 5 star hotels. Accommodations do not include airfare."

:s0140:

Predator-2-xenomorph-skull.jpg

The lions, the tigers, the bears

Oh my

I have several times over the years had people say that if they needed to shoot a bad guy outside their house, they would drag the body inside so their SD case would be stronger. As if this isn't one of the things crime scene investigators would be looking for. And as if drag marks wouldn't be pretty obvious, even if you tried to cover them up. And the blood in the body will start to pool at the lowest points, and shows as a different shade on the skin. You probably wouldn't get the body in the exact same position, making it obvious to the medical examiner that body had been moved. And you would need to manufacture a story to go with the imaginary crime scene in your home. And if you shot someone in your home there would be blood spray evidence in your home. Not out beyond the drag marks in your yard. People thinking of rearranging a crime scene really should read/watch a whole lot more murder mysteries. Not to mention that these days your neighbor's front door camera would probably get a video of you shooting the guy in your yard and moving the body.
I'm to old to drag bodies around
just bought a Kubota tractor with a front loader
I can dig a hole and move the manure pile in under 15 min
to bury predator carcasses, you understand
no long have to ask my neighbor to come over with his backhoe

Put robbers fingerprints and lint from his pocket on gun. Check. Thanks for the tips.

Just hypothetically, after the fact, the thing to do would be to put on some silicone gloves, spray down the gun with carb cleaner, put it in the guy's pocket and rub it around, then put it in his hand to transfer prints, take off the gloves and add your own prints. Just hypothetically, of course.
Now I need carb cleaner, rags and silicone gloves along with clean gun in zip lock bag. Forget it, I am going back to plan A and just throat punching the guy and taking the pistol home for my collection:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top