JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have several times over the years had people say that if they needed to shoot a bad guy outside their house, they would drag the body inside so their SD case would be stronger. As if this isn't one of the things crime scene investigators would be looking for. And as if drag marks wouldn't be pretty obvious, even if you tried to cover them up. And the blood in the body will start to pool at the lowest points, and shows as a different shade on the skin. You probably wouldn't get the body in the exact same position, making it obvious to the medical examiner that body had been moved. And you would need to manufacture a story to go with the imaginary crime scene in your home. And if you shot someone in your home there would be blood spray evidence in your home. Not out beyond the drag marks in your yard. People thinking of rearranging a crime scene really should read/watch a whole lot more murder mysteries. Not to mention that these days your neighbor's front door camera would probably get a video of you shooting the guy in your yard and moving the body.
Yeah… better to let the bad guy break the door, case closed at that point.

we don't have buzzards in the Lewis River Valley

some turkey vultures, but they seem only interested in road kill
Vultures liked the occasional raccoon, possum, or skunk shot by me when they went after my ducks and moved with a pitchfork to the far end of the property where the vultures wouldn't frighten the ducks. Vultures are the only critters I know that eat dead skunks.

Last Edited:
my daughter interned with the PPD CSI during her studies in Criminal Justice at Portland State
they told her bluntly, she was to educated for that unit
they don't hire scientist or collage graduates, only street cops with a minimum of 10 year experience
it broke her heart!!
Even some high schools have courses in CSI. But there really aren't many jobs in CSI.

we have so many dogs, coyotes, racoons, goats, one cow and one horse, several deer burred on our place, it would drive CSI crazy analyzing all the bones

Some people simply have it all wrong. Here's how to beat this rap 100% guaranteed.

1. Never shoot anyone unless he really needs it.

2. Never shoot anyone unless it's a 100% legal shoot and you can prove it.

3. Use your own damn gun.

Cheers

No such thing as 100%

Not when a jury is involved

And don't say the D.A. won't bring charges

I'm to old to drag bodies around
just bought a Kubota tractor with a front loader
I can dig a hole and move the manure pile in under 15 min
to bury predator carcasses, you understand
no long have to ask my neighbor to come over with his backhoe
My only problem would be which of my three neighbors I get to do it. I'd hate to offend any of them because I called the other to dig the hole for me....

how did you know? I have 5 ga buckets of lime to put in the garden in the Spring
the heavy soil is very acidic out here
Allegedly....😊

This thread brings up a question that's been on my mind for a while. Again, strictly hypothetically, suppose you had a semi-auto pistol like a 1911, and you had left bullets from it in a very incriminating place (e.g. a dead body). What's to prevent you from removing the barrel from the pistol, installing a used barrel from another 1911, running a .5" drill bit down the old barrel to destroy the rifling, and then booking a fishing trip on a party boat where you gently slip the old barrel over the side while out at sea? Is there a matching serial number on a 1911 barrel, or any other semi-auto with a removable barrel? Asking purely hypothetically for a friend who's a murder mystery writer.

This thread brings up a question that's been on my mind for a while. Again, strictly hypothetically, suppose you had a semi-auto pistol like a 1911, and you had left bullets from it in a very incriminating place (e.g. a dead body). What's to prevent you from removing the barrel from the pistol, installing a used barrel from another 1911, running a .5" drill bit down the old barrel to destroy the rifling, and then booking a fishing trip on a party boat where you gently slip the old barrel over the side while out at sea? Is there a matching serial number on a 1911 barrel, or any other semi-auto with a removable barrel? Asking purely hypothetically for a friend who's a murder mystery writer.
A factory Glock barrel, slide, and frame all have matching serial numbers.

A factory Glock barrel, slide, and frame all have matching serial numbers.
All of the barrels on my SIGs are unserialized. Only the FCU is serialized. Just a hint fer ya, there, Zeke... think SIG... ;)

All of the barrels on my SIGs are unserialized. Only the FCU is serialized. Just a hint fer ya, there, Zeke... think SIG... ;)
Did you ever stop to think that convicted criminals are a self-selected population? You're only looking at the ones not smart enough to get away with it...whatever "it" is.

Did you ever stop to think that convicted criminals are a self-selected population? You're only looking at the ones not smart enough to get away with it...whatever "it" is.
Paraphrasing a "great leader"... it depends upon the definition of what "it" is... ;)

I figure @Alexx1401 is just joking. But in case anyone is thinking of taking this seriously--figuring out who brought the gun that fired the killing shot to the fight would be high on the priorities for the forensics guys. Nobody would take your word for it that it was bad guys gun you took away from him rather than your own gun. If it really was the bad guys gun you took away and used on him, forensics would expect to find bad guys fingerprints on the gun under yours. Also lint from bad guys pocket or other trace from his holster or shirt or house or car on gun. And they would expect to not find lint or other trace from your pocket, shirt, house etc. on the gun.

One reason for knowing how to shoot guns of all action types is in case you actually are attacked when unarmed or have been disarmed and have an opportunity to get control of one of the bad guy's guns.
And here I was, thinking they'd save all that forensics cash and effort by just looking at the serial number on the gun. Scratched off number: victim probably telling an honest story.

Serial number still in tact: call manufacturer and trace it back from point of origin to final sale. Find no relationship between the gun and victim; they're probably truthful.

The internet article Intelligence and Crime says average chronic adult offender IQ is 85. The US army does not allow recruitment or drafting of anyone with an IQ below 83, as there is no job in the army they are capable of doing that wouldn't cost the army more than not having them. To get an average if 85 there had to be a lot with IQs way below 85.

A study of adults entering prison in Texas in 2002 says that 23% had IQs below 80. Only 9% of general population has an IQ below 80.

There are of course, some smart and very smart people in prison. But at a % way less than in the general population.

I'd guess that the high % of low IQ criminals in prison is partly because they can't do most ordinary jobs, and partly because they can't do crime well either so get caught. Other personality factors also presumably matter. Such as disagreeableness and aggressiveness.

The internet article Intelligence and Crime says average chronic adult offender IQ is 85. The US army does not allow recruitment or drafting of anyone with an IQ below 83, as there is no job in the army they are capable of doing that wouldn't cost the army more than not having them. To get an average if 85 there had to be a lot with IQs way below 85.

A study of adults entering prison in Texas in 2002 says that 23% had IQs below 80. Only 9% of general population has an IQ below 80.

There are of course, some smart and very smart people in prison. But at a % way less than in the general population.

I'd guess that the high % of low IQ criminals in prison is partly because they can't do most ordinary jobs, and partly because they can't do crime well either so get caught. Other personality factors also presumably matter. Such as disagreeableness and aggressiveness.
My degree is in psychology. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top