JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in Portland and have never been to a Cabelas location. Was giving serious consideration to taking a day and driving up to Lacey Washington for no other reason than seeing that store.

I actually have nothing in particular that i need to purchase but I'm sure I could find something I couldn't live without. :) It would just be a day to take a nice drive and most likely wander around Cabelas.

I figure it would be about a two hour drive. I don't mind driving and I have the time (recently retired) soooo......was just wondering if others think it would be worth the drive???

I would say it is worth the drive just to go see. They have a great display of stuffed NW wildlife and live NW fish. They also have a small display of African wildlife as well. Its fun to pick through the bargin cave and check out whats on clearance. Most of the prices aren't that but you can find some deals. Remember to tell them you are from Oregon so they won't charge you sales tax.

Oregon residents don't have to pay the sales tax in Washington anyway. I have been to both locations. Lacey is a bigger store with more to see. The Springfield store is kind of lame in my opinion.

Yep, drive to Lacey. Much nicer.

Expect no good deals, and as busy as they are, don't expect any service.

But do expect to see a very great store, with a selection we've not seen in the big city since Foster Sporting Goods closed.

WAYNO.

Lacey is a bigger store. I was at the one in Post Falls, ID today for about four hours. Wife wasn't with me, so I could take my time, eat an elk burger, and buy a few things without being rushed. I had a great time! I say go for it!

+1 on the Lacey. From where I live in Oregon the Lacey store is about 25 miles farther than Lacey. They are still looking for a location in the portland area.

I would rather see a Bass Pro Shop open in Oregon. Closest one is 745 miles from me in Manteca CA.

I went to to the Boise Caballas recently, my first time. It was huge, well laid out and a lot of items on sale. The store was very busy but I got all the help I needed and was treated with considerable courtesy. There were a number of firearms on special at very attractive prices so I plan to check out the Springfield store as I am an OR resident. I hope it's not a big disappointment as some of these posts indicate.

You can't even compare the Lacey & Springfield stores. Lacey is a Cabelas...Springfield is Cabelas "Light". It's better than Dick's...but not by much. Lacey, on the other hand, is awesome! Neither really have great prices...it's more about the 'experience.' If you want good prices, shop online...if you want the Cabelas 'experience', go to Lacey.

soooo......was just wondering if others think it would be worth the drive???

Wow! I assumed everyone here would be as impressed with the Lacey store as I was, but apparently not so. Sheesh!

Dude, the Cabelas store up North is in my opinion, 140,000 square feet of pure AWESOMENESS! I loved that place! The gun counter alone is longer than my entire house! They have more outdoor stuff than you can shake a stick at! I could have spent all freakin' day in that place. TOTALLY worth the drive up!

I went to the Eugene store with a gift certificate on fathers day and it was awesome. They had a reloading class free, and a fletching and barbecue class. There's also something about bring able to pick up a package and feel it, read it and compare. It still beats web shopping.

The prices are ok and even as busy as it was on fathers day I got help from 4-5 people. (plus there are often helpful customers looking at stuff too)

If the Lacey one was bigger (I stopped there for 15 minutes on the way back from a Mariners game once) its not THAT much bigger. Either store is worth the trip if you're going to buy something.

I went to the Eugene store with a gift certificate on fathers day and it was awesome. They had a reloading class free, and a fletching and barbecue class. There's also something about bring able to pick up a package and feel it, read it and compare. It still beats web shopping.

The prices are ok and even as busy as it was on fathers day I got help from 4-5 people. (plus there are often helpful customers looking at stuff too)

If the Lacey one was bigger (I stopped there for 15 minutes on the way back from a Mariners game once) its not THAT much bigger. Either store is worth the trip if you're going to buy something.

Well Maybe I will take a look after all.

its worth making the trip just to look around. i work about 2 mins from it and i live about 10 mins away. i go there about once a week to wander around if i get bored at work and im always entertained. its probably a whole day affair to go through and see ALL of the departments; hence why theyre building a hotel among other things in that development.

wait for seasonal clearance sales, clothing there is of a good quality. Gun stuff is msrp with few deals, although they do carry selection and brands offered by few others. Even the used gun racks are a little pricey, with a lot of overpriced bubba junk, and an occasional gem. The only deal I found was on used handguns, an FNP USG .45. Across the freeway is a wholesale sports, and a costco.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top