JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It looks like the world is on the edge of World War III. With Vladimir Putin's Eastern European expansion, to his nuclear tipped fighter jets and bombers flying all over, to the buildup of NATO forces along the border, it would seem like any day now nukes will by flying all over.

The US/Russia aside, there is also the issue of nuclear-happy India and Pakistan:

"Since the conventional military imbalance between India and Pakistan is expected to grow thanks to India's larger economy and higher gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate, Pakistan's reliance on nuclear weapons to compensate for its conventional inferiority will likely be an enduring feature of the nuclear balance in South Asia."

The report outlines what will happen if a nuclear war breaks out in Asia:

"If …War is fought with 100 Hiroshima-size weapons (currently available in India-Pakistan arsenals), which have half of 1 percent (0.05%) of the total explosive power of all currently operational and deployed U.S.-Russian nuclear weapons

20 million people die from the direct effects of the weapons...

1 to 5 million tons of smoke quickly rise 50 km above cloud level into the stratosphere

25-40% of the protective ozone layer would be destroyed at the mid-latitudes, and 50-70% would be destroyed at northern high latitudes. Massive increases of harmful UV light would result, with significantly negative effects on human, animal and plant life.

Some medical experts predict that ensuing food shortages would cause hundreds of millions of already hungry people, who now depend upon food imports, to starve to death during the years following the nuclear conflict.
"​

How can anyone who isn't rich possibly prep for this scenario?
Specifically I'm wondering about growing food (contamination concerns/nuclear winter ruins the growing season?), hunting (the animals be contaminated and/or already dead), and protection equipment for nuclear fallout.

Source:
[1] The Threshold For Nuclear War Between Pakistan And India Keeps Dropping

Last Edited:
If nuclear war breaks out resulting in a nuclear winter. Then some will die soon due to exposure of lack of preparation while some will die later due to exposure or lack of preparation. Man cannot live forever in a spider hole, eventually he runs out of something critical to sustaining life and he dies.

If rich folks are afforded a chance to drink a bit more wine or play a few more hands of solitaire before they die, I don't envy them. In the end, we all die. Just need to make sure we're ready to go when the time comes.

We all die someday we were born to die. Its life's certainty . People die every day. Its the one sure thing we all get to look forward too. You're gonna die! maybe today in a car accident maybe 10 years from now from cancer or maybe next week by a global thermal nuclear weapon.

So what?

When the bombs start falling I want to put on some shades and have a front row seat and pop open a cold one .

What are you living for and whats your fear of dying all about whats 1 more day week month or year really matter when your dead what did it really matter you become dirt or dust with no memory of the joy or sorrows you knew so did it really matter Like if a tree falls in a forest does it make a sound so what if you do every one who heard it will someday be dead too.

If you really fear death you should seek a afterlife and once you believe in that you really don't have to fear death anymore since you now have a afterlife to look forward too.

So kick back and have a cold one and try not to worry about being nuked.

Sorry Too much Coffee

Yea.. I just don't care about dying. Not enough that I'm going to live my life the least bit concerned about slim odds ways of it happening... I mean sheesh- I have pretty good odds of dying a number of ways, why would I devote any time to thinking about crap like this?

I don't want to die, and I'm fine taking reasonable precautions to prevent it.... nuclear holocaust isn't in my realm of "reasonable."

Some of you guys need Jesus. Seriously.

It isn't going to happen as a war but one day a terrorist will nuke us. Odds are it won't be on the west coast. A war will kill most everyone and the people that can declare war wouldnt, they have too much power to commit suicide. Jmho

That's all well in good if you want to roll over & not wake up. That is your opinion.

That being said, there are those who would rather grab the monster by the throat and fight to the last possible breath. This is their opinion.

Live your life to the fullest as you wish, it's a free country.:cool:

That's all well in good if you want to roll over & not wake up. That is your opinion.

That being said, there are those who would rather grab the monster by the throat and fight to the last possible breath. This is their opinion.

If I thought it was really going to happen I would head for the west coast. Constant weather would wash away pollution, the temp rarely varies more than 17 degrees one way or the other and food is there for the finding. I don't give up but weigh the possibilities of the scenario.

If it was going to happen it would happen now because we have the weakest most ignorant leadership in my lifetime.o_O

The entire world is one step away from nuclear annihilation at all times. One call. One button.
Life's a b*tch and then you die. Live it up. Enjoy your life while you can.
Don't sweat the stuff that is beyond your control. :cool:

Do you Man ! Get Putint on the phone and tell him to stop acting like kim jong un and Chill out and while your at it give Obummer a call and tell him i want my money back.

I'll get on it first thing in the morning but I know that if you ain't on Owebamas speed dial you will not get through...... I tried it before....
And Putin and I have a hunting trip scheduled to hunt snow leopards in west Ukraine in January....... it's been planned since June of this year....

This is why I drink when I feel like it, I smoke when I feel like it and enjoy a heart stopping burger (from time to time) when I feel like it..

We'll all die one day. If I make it to 70, thats still a great run.. I have clients in their 80's and two in their 90's.. Thats not the way I wanna go.. Near crippled, alone (for the most part) and truely unable to fully take care of themselves.. No thanks.. Thats why I dont buy into overtly "healthy living".. Whats the point, 5-10 extra years as a vegetable?

Anyhow, if SHTF being on the west coast is a huge plus. Realistically I think we'd be hot by a dirty bomb, a small nuke or perhaps massive armed riots.. All those are very realistic, as is hacking or sabotage of our internets and power grids.. Without power a lot of the unprepared will turn into animals.
We've seen this happen time and time again.. So I know its a reality I have to be prepared for.

As for a nuke, shoot.. Id be screwed if it was close to home. Guess it wouldnt really matter.. Id die like the rest.

Two things: First, I don't think China and Russia are going to put up with india and pakistan going at it in a nuclear fashion. Even a regional war in that area is going to draw in some of the larger world powers. With china supporting pakistan, and russia supporting india.

Even then, the 1-5 million tons of material thrown into the atmosphere is small potatoes compared to a good volcano. IIRC I think Mt Pinatubo threw a few cubic miles of material into the air.

At the same time, as far as the futility argument goes: I'm more afraid of not living than I am of dying.

This is why I drink when I feel like it, I smoke when I feel like it and enjoy a heart stopping burger (from time to time) when I feel like it..

We'll all die one day. If I make it to 70, thats still a great run.. I have clients in their 80's and two in their 90's.. Thats not the way I wanna go.. Near crippled, alone (for the most part) and truely unable to fully take care of themselves.. No thanks.. Thats why I dont buy into overtly "healthy living".. Whats the point, 5-10 extra years as a vegetable?
Well like Mickey Mantle said before he died, if I knew I was gunna live so long I would have taken better care of myself. All his kin died under 60.
It aint if you die it's if you don't die young when you live hard.

And there was another kid on here all worried about when was S gunna HTF
Like I said back then, relax,smoke bowl if you need to then just get as prepared as you can. But don't worry because the leaders may kick that can down the road for ever.
Hey, more preppers,more money being spent.
It's all about the dollars

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top