JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The more women shooters we can promote the safer we will all be. The fear and
mystery of firearms is very real to many people of both genders. I have met several
Women shooters telling me of there prior fear of all guns in general. DRRC has an
excellent Ladies Only Beginner Pistol Class. I know the instructors they do a
great job. I think classes like these make women safer and sway many votes to our side.:D
DRRC Ladies Beginner Pistol Class

My wife asks me about political issues. I will give both sides of the argument in clear language. I don't give her any inclination of how I voted unless asked, she has probably heard my view prior to the conversation at some point.

Keeping everyone educated and informed is the detriment of a bad law waiting to be passed.

I concur. The 2A is for all law-abiding Americans, whatever gender, cultural heritage, religious persuasion, sexual orientation, et al., they may be. However we can reach out to fellow citizens who love liberty is a good thing.

Of all Americans, women and girls are 50.8% of the population, so a true majority. For us male types, they are our wives, girlfriends, sisters, daughters, mothers, aunts, colleagues, and friends, so we should wish them well. There are some who use the phrase "empowering women", and OK, on the surface that is a fine sentiment, even if their motives may or may not be pure. Regardless, I would add this; "the great equalizer" works for the fair sex just as much as the other gender, so it is "empowering" with respect to their safety, prosperity, enjoyment, etc.

My wife and sister know how to shoot safely and effectively. Someday, relatively soon, my daughter will too. My mother is not too much into shooting irons, but she knows how to be effectively using the handguns. If I can help others, of either gender, this is a blessed thing. :)

Women are ignored largely as being involved in the sport or culture. Whether their part in hunting or their support roles in competition. Even when they are behind the sceen they are still a big part of firearms in the US.

That is not to take away those directly involved, just to point out the unseen ladies supporting the industry. Combined, these are millions of women the anti gun culture refuse to show.

I was just at Cabela's and a barely 21 yo woman was buying an AR15. She was very petite but also confident in her purchase. Bloomberg's Everytown and other groups don't want you to see these women. They want sad, scared crying victims. Brave confident women scare these groups for whatever reason.

Politically, perhaps paradoxical intention should work from the anti-gun crowd. Women should not have guns, they are too emotional, and would likely hurt themselves and their children. Gun control would protect women. Women are too unstable to have guns, can not be trained nor should men have guns a well. Let's take guns from all. Paradoxical intention might work to motivate those on the fence to vote against gun control. Something sexist just might work.

Politically, perhaps paradoxical intention should work from the anti-gun crowd. Women should not have guns, they are too emotional, and would likely hurt themselves and their children. Gun control would protect women. Women are too unstable to have guns, can not be trained nor should men have guns a well. Let's take guns from all. Paradoxical intention might work to motivate those on the fence to vote against gun control. Something sexist just might work.

Anyone pushing the narrative that women are too unstable or emotional to have guns and with the same breath push women should be the leaders of the country, needs to be pushed off any platform they have a spotlight on. Whether it be media, political, education or whatever.

There's this BLEXIT where blacks are leaving the liberal parties and being attacked in media by other blacks. Pro-gun women I believe experience the same deal from media like The View and female TV personalities (CNN) like they do to Dana Loesch. Their problem is that there is no data to support the claim that women and guns don't mix. I won't say guns are the solution to every problem but if women were perceived to more likely be carrying a gun than not, there would be A LOT less problems.

I totally agree with welcoming all of those who embrace 2A. Problem is, you have a lot of people who don't get the big picture. Many will embrace 2A but keep voting leftist. If. They can't realize what their progressive vote represents then they are idiots and probably shouldn't be owning firearms to begin with.

I emailed about the Ladies Only class at DRRC and the two instructors have retired and are not doing it any longer :( They said they left it on the calendar in case someone else decides to teach it.

I emailed about the Ladies Only class at DRRC and the two instructors have retired and are not doing it any longer :( They said they left it on the calendar in case someone else decides to teach it.
Sorry to hear that.:confused:I have known Sheri for a long time. Spoke very highly of class.
Too bad.:(:(:(

I agree, the more women that take up shooting, the more that speak up on behalf of gun rights, the better it is for everyone. Gun ownership is perceived by many to be a men's only interest, an idea they twist into the discussion about male aggression over women as well as the "you own guns because of your tiny penis" argument that gets played over and over again.

The more women advocate gun rights, the more it disarms the anti's. Sorry to say, many of the anti groups are lead by women, not by men, and that makes things a bit tougher when men try to counter their attacks. But they can't use the "compensating for small manhood" argument on women. They can't claim their ownership of guns isn't because they don't feel like a "big man". It also gives a voice to women who may be on the fence about guns, who think about owning them for self-defense, but aren't sure where to start. I am a big proponent of women teaching women when it comes to firearms instruction. Certainly men can teach too, but women can connect with other women in certain areas, about certain concerns, that men can't always do. Plus, women can put other women at ease when it comes to their first interaction with firearms. We've all seen plenty of videos of men that take their wives, girlfriends, etc. and put a 12 gauge in their hands for their first experience with a gun, then laugh when the gun knocks them in the face or on the ground - great way to make a future anti-gunner, dipsh!t.

So yeah, I'm always pleased to see women get involved, especially in training and firearms advocacy. It really does help the whole 2A movement.

And, I'm sorry to hear about DRRC. I've heard good things about that course. I hope someone else steps in to fill that role soon.

Sorry to hear that.:confused:I have known Sheri for a long time. Spoke very highly of class.
Too bad.:(:(:(
I agree. I have a friend who has always been anti gun but just emailed me and wants to learn to shoot and handle guns for self protection. Was going to refer her to the DRRC class, which is how I found out it no longer exists :(

The site here is not ready to have a woman moderator clearly, so our acceptance is not very broad, as seen in a previous thread. Women are mocked, and joked about even here at NWFA when and idea of a Female moderator was brought up. Many here fit the stereotype gun owner and sadly chase many would be female members away. Until we here and elsewhere address the elephant in the room we will be stuck in a rinse repeat mode like we are right now. Sad to see so much could be done if we just took or heads out of our arses and saw the big fruking picture.

Honestly, having only met one person from here and only a few screen names are clearly women, how would you know?

Personally I only joke with friends. Isn't that the best sign of acceptance? My two sisters and I have the best time when the gloves are off and we joke on each other.

Alas, as pointed out numerous times, historically amongst our own state's and each of the other state-level grassroots community or amongst any of the national entities, e.g., NRA, SAF, JPFO [original entity under Zelman], each entity is unawares of what the other stands for or is pushing for, therefore each negate the other's strategy and their goals out completely. In some instances, there were horrendous national ramifications, such as the bloody idiots in TXOC, et al., and such pushing LG carry which precipitated national chains to retaliate and band all firearm carry within their establishments! Guess who won ?

Amongst ourselves on this forum we can't even use correct language or agree what 2A actually means or use information to articulate what we want now or in the immediate future.

We whine when someone points out something that is 'truth' without a citation, however, then some other reading member knows that info is false cuz a friend of a friend or their grandpappy said that was a falsehood and then off it goes...name calling, further lies/hyperbole to substantiate their current thought at the moment.

Want the truth folks...CONSENSUS ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN unless there is national strategy pushed which the state-level grass roots agree to follow the national's mandates and everyone marches to the same bloody drummer. [oh wait...what moms has done - national guidance/mandates pushed to the local community to follow exactly as scripted from on high!!]

To provide you a better example...Gays were ostracized until 1967 when the social push began. 50 years later under the national guidance and state level grassroot entities getting in tune with the national mandates, there have been constitutional amendment protection additions, state level concessions, equal medical/insurance etc., USSC/lower courts upholding their standing, and oh my wait, LGBT individuals may now civilly marry their loved ones and in some states do so with the blessing of religious entities.

I am sure you saw the comment about state-level grassroot entities following a national mandate...

therefore, to prove my point...can some august member please tell me a current national firearm carry mandate, do not care if its OC or CC that and how this national mandate is being flowed and implemented across this great nation's state-level grassroot entity?

Allow me to make it easy...pick either OR or WA for the mandate. [please do not chose the 'red flag' initiatives flowing from the antis as not sure of any national organization which has even begun to facilitate defense of this activity]

Honestly, having only met one person from here and only a few screen names are clearly women, how would you know?

Personally I only joke with friends. Isn't that the best sign of acceptance? My two sisters and I have the best time when the gloves are off and we joke on each other.

that you are unable to discern gender of a forum member is excellent, why would you worry about it but accept their position at face value.

that you feel comfortable joking with friends is it for their acceptance or afraid of rejection?

Familial conversations, so are you joking or publicly venting to cause humiliation, embarrassment, as well as promote their worthlessness ?

Sorry, that activity isn't a sign of acceptance whatsoever!

All I can say, this is, and will come back to bite many in the bubblegum.
Doesn't really matter what I think, I know many women who do see this site as male dominated
and do not trust the agenda here. Or what it appears to be. But hey no one needs to listen to me.
Even though every single bill or ballot measure to take away guns, I posted well before lobbies had a clue.
But hey what do I know.......... :rolleyes:

And as I love to say, back to your regular scheduled programing .. lol

The site here is not ready to have a woman moderator clearly, so our acceptance is not very broad, as seen in a previous thread. Women are mocked, and joked about even here at NWFA when and idea of a Female moderator was brought up. Many here fit the stereotype gun owner and sadly chase many would be female members away. Until we here and elsewhere address the elephant in the room we will be stuck in a rinse repeat mode like we are right now. Sad to see so much could be done if we just took or heads out of our arses and saw the big fruking picture.

I have to say that I've never been mocked or joked about. Perhaps I have and I just have thick skin due to over 15 years in off-road and boating forums. Now, I will tell you that I left a survival forum because I was attacked by the women in the women's forum. Ciao! See ya witches! I was surprised at just how mean they were though. Still in middle school, I guess. You men are a piece of cake. :p

Last Edited:
I have to say that I've never been mocked or joked about. Perhaps I have and I just have thick skin due to over 15 years in off-road and boating forums. Now, I will tell you that I left a survival forum because I was attacked by the women in the women's forum. Ciao! See ya witches! I was surprised at just how mean they were though. Still in middle school, I guess. You men are a piece of cake. :p

I am glad you have had a positive experience here, I sadly can not say the same for some I knew left here do to this problem.
No place is perfect, however having a few people happy with the way the site is run, also doesn't make clear involving women in this
site should be a high priority. All one has to do is watch the news and see how men are beat up for simply making a joke, or not saying things quite right. Having thick skin works well, but women that may new to firearms, and looking for a environment that involve women may not see it that clear. There is no perfection, but as the left is paint men as women haters, might be a wise choice here if we do not make it behind the scenes, but clear, and is also why I suggested a female moderator.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top