JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The site here is not ready to have a woman moderator clearly, so our acceptance is not very broad, as seen in a previous thread. Women are mocked, and joked about even here at NWFA when and idea of a Female moderator was brought up. Many here fit the stereotype gun owner and sadly chase many would be female members away. Until we here and elsewhere address the elephant in the room we will be stuck in a rinse repeat mode like we are right now. Sad to see so much could be done if we just took or heads out of our arses and saw the big fruking picture.

All I can say, this is, and will come back to bite many in the bubblegum.
Doesn't really matter what I think, I know many women who do see this site as male dominated
and do not trust the agenda here. Or what it appears to be. But hey no one needs to listen to me.
Even though every single bill or ballot measure to take away guns, I posted well before lobbies had a clue.
But hey what do I know.......... :rolleyes:

And as I love to say, back to your regular scheduled programing .. lol

I am glad you have had a positive experience here, I sadly can not say the same for some I knew left here do to this problem.
No place is perfect, however having a few people happy with the way the site is run, also doesn't make clear involving women in this
site should be a high priority. All one has to do is watch the news and see how men are beat up for simply making a joke, or not saying things quite right. Having thick skin works well, but women that may new to firearms, and looking for a environment that involve women may not see it that clear. There is no perfection, but as the left is paint men as women haters, might be a wise choice here if we do not make it behind the scenes, but clear, and is also why I suggested a female moderator.

Do you have anything specific to point out? I've always thought the site to be pretty tame.

Sure, just check out my last thread about having a female moderator about two weeks ago.

And quite honestly the PC on the site doesn't allow making fun of Dems but allow it when it has to do with women.
The Political humor section was shut down, for the same post we have on humor about women. Pretty clear we do not see the
big picture.

Sure, just check out my last thread about having a female moderator about two weeks ago.

And quite honestly the PC on the site doesn't allow making fun of Dems but allow it when it has to do with women.
The Political humor section was shut down, for the same post we have on humor about women. Pretty clear we do not see the
big picture.

Just not seeing it (big picture or otherwise) and there is plenty of Dim bashing on this site.

Just not seeing it (big picture or otherwise) and there is plenty of Dim bashing on this site.

NP, great news is I won't be doing that here anymore or commenting on 2nd issues. Just have one last project to do here then
will stop.
After awhile one grows tired providing a message and no one cares about it.
I'm not just so nut job trolling sites, but have many times provided material that was ignored here. The intel and other information I have provided over the years here, has been mostly ignored anyways. So yep, just going to stay away from all this progun fight stuff on here and stick with other firearms related goodies that are more fun for me at NWFA. Ive put in my dues here, more then enough to try and prepare us for what is coming and has already. But unlike others that tried and got themselves banned. I'm just going to stop helping and enjoy my self here, and ignore the gun fight aspect, I know whats coming and its not pretty....
No hard feeling or anything, just done. And nope wasn't this topic or post just figured time to enjoy life and not put my self on the line any longer.

DH

The more women shooters we can promote the safer we will all be. The fear and
mystery of firearms is very real to many people of both genders. I have met several
Women shooters telling me of there prior fear of all guns in general. DRRC has an
excellent Ladies Only Beginner Pistol Class. I know the instructors they do a
great job. I think classes like these make women safer and sway many votes to our side.:D
DRRC Ladies Beginner Pistol Class
As a female Concealed Carry Holder I have found that if you personally show females various guns and AR's let them hold them (unloaded of course) and talk about how "scary" the media makes them look versus how they actually look and feel it makes a huge difference. I also remind friends that I wouldn't let my toddler/child play with a saw saw, tree pruner chain saw or a circular saw and there really isn't a difference. NO means No and you need to teach your children NO you are not allowed to play with any tool that can kill you. Then you can also add once you are old enough and strong enough I will teach you how to use whatever tool safely.

NP, great news is I won't be doing that here anymore or commenting on 2nd issues. Just have one last project to do here then
will stop.
After awhile one grows tired providing a message and no one cares about it.
I'm not just so nut job trolling sites, but have many times provided material that was ignored here. The intel and other information I have provided over the years here, has been mostly ignored anyways. So yep, just going to stay away from all this progun fight stuff on here and stick with other firearms related goodies that are more fun for me at NWFA. Ive put in my dues here, more then enough to try and prepare us for what is coming and has already. But unlike others that tried and got themselves banned. I'm just going to stop helping and enjoy my self here, and ignore the gun fight aspect, I know whats coming and its not pretty....
No hard feeling or anything, just done. And nope wasn't this topic or post just figured time to enjoy life and not put my self on the line any longer.

DH

Years ago I said OR and WA would be Kalifornia-ized and was laughed at, told no way and blown off, "we got a state Constitution" and all that. Well, here we. I'm still not making the relationship of how this site is biased or unfriendly toward women. I wouldn't doubt that men piss away more time on forums in general over women.

I would like to ask any ladies reading the comments to please check out your local Chapter of The Well Armed Woman. We have members that are all experience levels from first timers to Instructors. We realize that we all have more to learn. My Chapter has met at Norpoint in Arlington since March of 2013. For more info check out www.twawshootingchapters.org

Years ago I said OR and WA would be Kalifornia-ized and was laughed at, told no way and blown off, "we got a state Constitution" and all that. Well, here we. I'm still not making the relationship of how this site is biased or unfriendly toward women. I wouldn't doubt that men piss away more time on forums in general over women.

There is a story of a group that stood for rights in Oregon, the FBI, state police and others found a way to end that standoff.
Each day in Oakland California, East LA and Chicago, more people are killed in one month in these cities by criminals with a firearm in one month, then all so called mass shooting combined over the last 75 years.
The FBI and National Guard could end the violence, the same way we do when we go to war. But we as a nation do not understand
the truth and reality behind our rights, and our ability to retain them.

I am honest enough to say women are valuable in two ways, they are often very honest about firearms, children and safety.
The second is we not only need women, we need them to lead. Men have failed to do anything and make a change.
And its clear the resources exist to end violence in these cities, and we are all oblivious to force that change, we are also oblivious to the power women truly have. Women are in an age of empowerment, and if they are gun owners they can be viewed in a way men can not as men. We will end up seeing this play out one way or another. But this is my last post on the subject, I know we wont do what is needed, we seldom do and is why the Bundy's were isolated and controlled with the resources needed, and is why other threats to our communities are ignored. It done, because they can do so, unopposed.

You are right. The only women leading are the gun grabbing vagina hat wearing women. We conservative, gun-toting women need to be more vocal to educate people that the previously mentioned women do not represent all of us.

We need all hands on deck to beat the AWB.

The overwhelming majority of people, including gun owners, love to share their hobby with newcomers. Like anything, there are customs and rules in place to make shooting enjoyable and safe for everyone. That's all this sport will ever ask of someone. Pretty easy.

Women are under a tremendous amount of pressure on social media. I'm not aware if there are any lady shooters on Instagram with a large following. I would hope so, because that's very important. I've said this before, but social media is where our community is losing the public relations battle. I personally hate social media, however, I see my wife and our daughters consumed by this garbage for hours everyday. I would be stupid to ignore the power of that.

I was blessed yesterday evening to be invited to speak for a group with The Well Armed Woman. The women were amazing, knowledgeable about 2A politics and issues and they are active. Their questions showed how deep they understand self defense issues and strive to know more.

Yes, women have a place at the front of this movement. And the good news is they are out there. If you know a lady who is interested let them know about this group and others (full disclosure, my bride is the leader of a different TWAW group).

I was blessed yesterday evening to be invited to speak for a group with The Well Armed Woman. The women were amazing, knowledgeable about 2A politics and issues and they are active. Their questions showed how deep they understand self defense issues and strive to know more.

Yes, women have a place at the front of this movement. And the good news is they are out there. If you know a lady who is interested let them know about this group and others (full disclosure, my bride is the leader of a different TWAW group).
Did you see my post above?
:p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top