JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I saw him last week I got a real taste of what an adrenaline dump feels like. My whole body started shaking, and I had tunnel vision. Today I was able to breath through it and get into action.
It's very eye opening. I realized that I need to have my pants shoes and jacket right by the bed ready to go. Along with my phone and gun.

Good on you for doing the right thing.

I really think that 911 dispatchers should get more training. sometimes our boys in blue walk into situations that could have been avoided or with more knowledge of the situation by asking the right question.

Hopefully this dirtbag already has some prior convictions (which, in a cynical, dysfunctional way, would explain why he's still out breaking and entering). With any luck he might pay some actual consequence this time. One can only wish.

Too bad he didn't make a failed attempt to resist arrest or shoot his way out of it.

Sorry to seem so callous, but too many honest people work way too hard to get ripped off by useless oxygen bandits - and then live with the additional paranoia of repeat invasions and/or retaliation.

At 4:45 this morning my wife sits up and says, "what was that"? I awoke to see a guy breaking into the neiboring chiropractors office window. The same guy from 11 days ago.

I grabbed my phone to dial 911 while I put my pants on keeping an eye out the crack in the blinds. I watched him break the window and struggle to climb through.

I described to the operator what I was seeing and let her know that last time the cops missed him by 30 seconds. After what seemed like forever, two police and a k-9 approach the rear of the building waiting to ambush him.

Soon after, they must have confirmed he was inside because they hit the building with the bright lights and megaphone. Come out with your hands up! I couldn't see when the took him into custody, but they got him!

Adrenaline is better than coffee.
Well done! Another crook off the streets. The owners of the chiropractors office must be very happy. Glad you finally got him!:s0081:

I think you are giving too much credit to the thief that he has enough mental capacity to assume you are the one who called it in. He was breaking into a chiropractor's office for instance. What was he going to steal? a bunch of tables?
Probably needles. He might steal them and try to sell them as drug needles. Who knows? Never been to a chiropractor.

When I saw him last week I got a real taste of what an adrenaline dump feels like. My whole body started shaking, and I had tunnel vision. Today I was able to breath through it and get into action.
It's very eye opening. I realized that I need to have my pants shoes and jacket right by the bed ready to go. Along with my phone and gun.
I know that feeling well.

We used to have some turd or another messing in our Cul-de-sac every week or so.

My doberman had what I called a cat bark (a cat was around) or a dirtbag bark...when I would hear the later the adrenaline pump would get going and I would stare out the window with tunnel vision asking if this was really happening.

Eventually I taught myself to ignore all that and take care of simple basics until the pump started flushing out...basically get dressed, shoes on, shirt on, flashlight, etc. and then begin to conduct business.

The end result of this was being calm enough to make my way outside unobserved and being rewarded with the ability to hit someone over the head with my D-Cell mag light so hard that the batteries burst. It was glorious. :)

Hopefully this dirtbag already has some prior convictions (which, in a cynical, dysfunctional way, would explain why he's still out breaking and entering). With any luck he might pay some actual consequence this time. One can only wish.

Too bad he didn't make a failed attempt to resist arrest or shoot his way out of it.

Sorry to seem so callous, but too many honest people work way too hard to get ripped off by useless oxygen bandits - and then live with the additional paranoia of repeat invasions and/or retaliation.
That doesn't seem callous at all. I was hoping they would shoot him too since I wasn't allowed. Bullets are cheep...

I know that feeling well.

We used to have some turd or another messing in our Cul-de-sac every week or so.

My doberman had what I called a cat bark (a cat was around) or a dirtbag bark...when I would hear the later the adrenaline pump would get going and I would stare out the window with tunnel vision asking if this was really happening.

Eventually I taught myself to ignore all that and take care of simple basics until the pump started flushing out...basically get dressed, shoes on, shirt on, flashlight, etc. and then begin to conduct business.

The end result of this was being calm enough to make my way outside unobserved and being rewarded with the ability to hit someone over the head with my D-Cell mag light so hard that the batteries burst. It was glorious. :)
Sounds like a dream come true!

I hope something was found in his hand so you couldn't be brought up on "Assault Charges".:rolleyes:

I hope something was found in his hand so you couldn't be brought up on "Assault Charges".:rolleyes:
How about a 12" slender screwdriver he was using to pry the stereo system out of my neighbor/co-worker's truck...will that work? :rolleyes:

Besides, 20 yrs ago I would assume the statute of limitations might apply to this outrage on my part.

Last Edited:
sounds like buck fever!

All you need to do is tell 911 that you are going to walk over with an assault rifle and shoot the thief. The whole department plus swat with helicopters and probably a few Navy Seals will show up within 30 seconds.
Dispatchers are a real important issue. My coworkers daughter was kidnapped recently in a parental custody battle. My friend made the call on they way to his house but the 911 operator relayed it to the Hillsboro police as a simple family dispute.

He thought the police would be there by the time he got home but he had to call again and when the Police finally arrived even they were pissed. The girl was already across state lines into WA so now it's all in the courts hands.

For me if you need the police you either need them NOW or you don't need them.

Several years ago i and a buddy was coming home from a concert downtown and we were driving up burnside we saw a man grabbing a woman who looked like she was trying to get away. She was not dressed up like a ho so we pulled over and I asked her if she needed a ride and she said yes and started to try to pull away and he reached into his coat and said you better move on pecker wood or I'll blow your head off. She quickly said never mind.

So we drove up burnside to the first pay phone (some of you older guys remember they used to be everywhere) and I called 911 when I told them that there was a girl being hassled by and was trying to get away they did not sound concerned I thinks she said something like there is nothing they can really do about it or that it really was not an emergency situation I can't remember the exact wording the operator used.

As soon as I said he started to pull out and gun to shoot me they got real concerned and asked for the address and a description.

Last Edited:
All you need to do is tell 911 that you are going to walk over with an assault rifle and shoot the thief. The whole department plus swat with helicopters and probably a few Navy Seals will show up within 30 seconds.

I tried that one time, the police were unamused, they told me next time they come out they were gonna bring their rifles, I told them to go ahead, I already have mine

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews