JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is no such thing as a real war with some country like that. If we wanted to end them it would be days at most and over. Not sure how old you were when we finally decided to end Saddam. The "news" here was all over how we were in for the fight of out lives and such. Then when we went we moved so fast we started to scare the big people in charge as were were going too fast. Next was fear some of the troops would stop because it was such an open slaughter they were afraid some would refuse to keep doing it. Now if the kooks over there get what they really want? Atomic weapons? Then it all changes into the long Mexican stand off.
That part of the world has been in a battle with each other since before the US was born and I don't see it ever really ending unless they do finally just turn it all to glass.

There is no such thing as a real war with some country like that. If we wanted to end them it would be days at most and over. Not sure how old you were when we finally decided to end Saddam. The "news" here was all over how we were in for the fight of out lives and such. Then when we went we moved so fast we started to scare the big people in charge as were were going too fast. Next was fear some of the troops would stop because it was such an open slaughter they were afraid some would refuse to keep doing it. Now if the kooks over there get what they really want? Atomic weapons? Then it all changes into the long Mexican stand off.
That part of the world has been in a battle with each other since before the US was born and I don't see it ever really ending unless they do finally just turn it all to glass.
By direct war I meant, will we strike in Iran and or will Iran strike in the United States? So far our tit for tat actions have all been out of country, as have theirs.

By direct war I meant, will we strike in Iran and or will Iran strike in the United States? So far our tit for tat actions have all been out of country, as have theirs.
Again not happening. Unless you mean terror attacks? That could well have already happened both ways. Both gov will of course deny that they were what they were. There are not going to be bombs or missiles coming in here from them. Now they will keep doing stupid crap like firing at our ships for as long as we allow it. Again this is something we currently allow.

It didn't seem like the iraq war was over in a jiffy. What you describe is the lead-up to Bush's "mission accomplished" which quickly crumbled, and then we were bogged down for years, briefly left, and now we've been back there again for, what, almost 10 years now?

I am sure the folks who fought in Falluja considered themselves to be in a real war.

It didn't seem like the iraq war was over in a jiffy. What you describe is the lead-up to Bush's "mission accomplished" which quickly crumbled, and then we were bogged down for years, briefly left, and now we've been back there again for, what, almost 10 years now?

I am sure the folks who fought in Falluja considered themselves to be in a real war.
Politics. "Hearts and minds" campaigns and trying to "show them how to govern themselves" when they have serious religious divides and serious tribalism going on over there. Militarily, we defeated Saddam's military pretty quickly. The problem ended up being that terror organizations found it ripe to indict an insurrection against any and every government we ever helped put in, because a lot of the people there didn't want democracy.

Edit. The tribalism and religious violence won't end there until the people there start accepting and encouraging freedom of religion, separation of State and religion, and accept that other people may not believe the same thing they do.. and from what I can tell, that ain't ever happening there, especially with the centuries old feud between Sunni and Shiite Islamic sects.

The initial "battle" literally wiped out his Republican Guard that we were told would inflict MAJOR deaths to us. That was the end of the battle such as it was. The rest? Was what happens every time we do this. Play around and make many new billionaires while we pretend we are doing something. We are now doing this in Ukraine only with (so far) none of our guys on the ground there. Most who actually saw a "war" are of course no longer alive. Sadly way too many people today don't bother to read history to see what a war really looks like. We did this in SE Asia, then again in the middle east a couple times. Its sadly all about money. For those who have no idea what a "war" looks like if some country actually did attack us again? Then you would get to see what war looks like. Of course to fight one the people in charge actually have to want to. You do realize just one of our subs could put the entire Navy of these people on the bottom of the water there so fast they would have no time to even react? We don't want to. What we want to do is make a lot of contractors a LOT of money. :s0092:

Wouldn't surprise me if our own government nuked Dallas or Atlanta, etc in a false flag event to give them free reign to choose a country to blame and go to war with. Because nothing jump starts an economy like war. Ave a nuked American city would pretty well put everything Biden did out of many people's minds. Maybe even help him win an election...

Wouldn't surprise me if our own government nuked Dallas or Atlanta, etc in a false flag event to give them free reign to choose a country to blame and go to war with. Because nothing jump starts an economy like war. Ave a nuked American city would pretty well put everything Biden did out of many people's minds. Maybe even help him win an election...
Dallas or Atlanta I'd be okay with.

Wouldn't surprise me if they already have done things like that before. Nothing like the death of Americans to get the taxpayers on board spending their grndkids money!

You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you.
Leon Trotsky.
Wise words worth considering.

With that said....
Yes the threat of war is always around...however having been in a few...I don't over worry too much about it any more.
Andy

Those who start wars generally do not expect to suffer from the effects that the wars cause. Specifically, they do not expect to lose, and underestimate the human and financial costs of war. Religious and ideological beliefs discourage critical thinking, resulting in errors in judgement.

Yep, events like that result in things like the Patriot Act, TSA, and the Dept. of Homeland inSecurity. The classic PRS (Problem>Reaction>Solution), but on a grand scale. Shadow government creates the problem, provokes a public reaction, then enacts it's desired solution.

Also, gotta feed the Military Industrial Complex, to enrichen the war mongers. Not to free a country or it's people or anything like that.

Last Edited:
Poking the bear?

This is now and has been for a good while how most "battles" are fought. A few advanced countries have been doing this a LONG time. A LOT of this we either never hear about or its written off. Often made to look like an accident. Israel has since its inception had a rather elite section that goes around the kills some of the worst of the worst. ALL the top leaders who had anything to do with that last massacre and even those who are thought to have are looking over their shoulders and will be from now on. Its a very dangerous little game this getting other kooks to go and kill for you while you think you are "safe". Some times years go by before some of these guys meet their sudden end.
The "tech" to do this stuff keeps getting better and better all the time.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews